Charlie Austin - joined QPR on loan

DCFC1388

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Cant say im keen on this deal, not the most prolific and I dont think he has the pace to cause defenders trouble or to press high either.

We will know more come Monday when we know the situation with Dursun

86 goals in 164 games for Burnley and QPR at this level.  I get some of the questions raised but not that he's not prolific....... I used to hate seeing his name on the opposition tram sheet

2 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

86 goals in 164 games for Burnley and QPR at this level.  I get some of the questions raised but not that he's not prolific....... I used to hate seeing his name on the opposition tram sheet

Agree and At that rate if he stayed with us all season he’ll have over twenty goals. Why is that not prolific enough for some folk?

Happy if we got him for a season think he could do a job for us. We’re pretty desperate for someone up there so beggars can’t be choosers unfortunately 

11 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

He played for these teams in his early 20s, thats like using Rooneys united stats for him now. In his career he has been prolific but is he now? 10 goals last season, 4 pens. I know its not all about stats and I am one of the first to say that for a striker but for the type of striker he is I dont think he is what we need right now. We need someone with more pace as well as physicality to cause more problems for defenders and to press from the front, I cant see that happening with Austin.

If we got Austin and someone else more like I described then I would be happy.

Not writing Austin off and not saying he is poor, just not what we need right now imo

14 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

Since he became a tram driver his timing has been good but he needs an injection of power 

20 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

Yeah, he can always derail the opposition.

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Not even as a stop gap until our other forwards are fit and we can bring Dursan in on a free?

Austin may be a bit rusty after not playing much recently. Let us hope that he can find another gear and synchromesh with our squad. He is our of contract in the summer and scored 10 goals for the baggies last season after £4 transfer a year ago from Southampton. Could be just till Xmas unless he scores a baggies full. Search for a striker is leaving me a bit exhausted. He would need to put the pedal to the metal and get off to a good start.

8 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Not even as a stop gap until our other forwards are fit and we can bring Dursan in on a free?

Maybe as a short term stop gap but if we need to wait for Dursun on a free still think id rather a Davis/Zohore type to Austin

Personally think this openly public Austin talk is more to push Darmstadt into a decision as we can wait til after Monday to bring Austin in.

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I remember that too. Hated him at the time but it's the kind of behaviour you love if he's doing it for your team.

Both in 2-1 defeat against Burnley.  We dominated that game and could have gone 5 straight wins at the start of the season. Scored a great header then ran around giving the double digits

39 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

Interview early in his time at WBA.  A bit of arrogance, self belief, determination and physical toughness wouldn’t go amiss in our starting line up

That's an absolutely cracking interview. Speaks like a normal bloke who's confident in his own ability. Brilliant.

Archived