Norwich City Vs Derby County

Millenniumram

2 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

I’m 98 percent sure that Mick McCarthys voice is the definition of boredom. The most boring, unimaginative annoying voice that has ever been heard. 

You should try the commentator we have in the US on Espn - sounds like he’s sleepwalking (mind it is 4.50am) 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

This is probably as big a disparity between the quality of our starting XI v the opponents as we'll see all season (and as big as one as we've seen in a lot of years); they have a few players who are still likely to move back to the prem. I totally understand setting up in the way we have. 

Pressing them is just going to create more holes for them to play through. This is really our reality until players are fit / get signed.

Yes but it’s our reality every bloody week whoever we are playing. Negative, dull, predictable. How about having a go at the opposition instead of worrying about who they are or what they are doing? Norwich are a good side but they are not world beaters. Just get at them FFS!!

Just now, jcidaho said:

Curtis is playing well. Dare say Evans not bad.

Evans has been impressive at centre back in almost every game he's had. In fairness, I don't think he's had many bad games for us but he's not had many breakout games either. He was excellent against Bristol City away under Lampard when it looked like we were for sure going to lose and miss out on the play-offs. 

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

This is the most defensive set up I can remember us employing in many a year. 

Seem to have packed the midfield but still have no control of it. 

The result will totally decide how hindsight judges this team selection as its incredibly negative. 

Did you not read the thread between 11:30 and 12:30? All the judging has been done already

Just now, Big Trav said:

Davies is the perfect example for passion

Only CB we have that can organise a defence. We are getting into the game more. We are not losing 3 nil. Rejoice, little ones. Back up for our fullbacks and we have a chance. 23 minutes  in and first positive comment about us from McCarthy. What a guy.

It's not exciting stuff, but the players are playing their roles well. I think there's a nervousness about them that means we aren't taking risks though, which is what we will need to do to get a result against these. If we can get to half time at 0-0 then we may see a bit more confidence and some more attacking play in the 2nd half.

I like Holmes as a ball carrier, but his short passing has been poor today. Too many times he's played the ball to softly or slowly and it's been intercepted.

A handy reminder of where I sit in the pecking order of my house. 

My 21 month old has just demanded we watch cartoons, the missus has demanded I switch the telly over to some cartoons. I am apparently not allowed to be in the slightest bit irritated by this or I'll be acused of 'being in a mood because Derby are crap'. 

God I miss the pub. 

Archived