Norwich City Vs Derby County

Millenniumram

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Does anyone else think we look really unfit?

unfit but also we have no movement, it has been coached out of them.  Look at Norwich, perfect example of why you dont need a big striker if other create space. 5-4-1 with a striker who cannot move and is 20 yards from most Derby players.

2 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Its so easy for Norwichs keeper to role the ball out & their defender to jog with it to the half way line 

When we do get the ball there is little movement for passing options 

Nobody ever won anything by just rolling the ball out and jogging to the half way line... 

This is probably as big a disparity between the quality of our starting XI v the opponents as we'll see all season (and as big as one as we've seen in a lot of years); they have a few players who are still likely to move back to the prem. I totally understand setting up in the way we have. 

Pressing them is just going to create more holes for them to play through. This is really our reality until players are fit / get signed.

Just now, SaintRam said:

This is probably as big a disparity between the quality of our starting XI v the opponents as we'll see all season; they have a few players who are still likely to move back to the prem. I totally understand setting up in the way we have. 

Pressing them is just going to create more holes for them to play through. 

Agree. Let’s try and grind this one out

I'll say it again, we get the ball amd they're all over us immediately and we're hemmed in. They get the ball and we're happy for them to advance to the penalty area. Unbelievable. 

Just now, Ramos said:

OMG what was that by Rooney. Just kicked it into the sky and yet mick McCartney is basically calling him a genius lol. 

The defender was the one who kicked it into the sky, got his toe to it before Rooney. 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

This is probably as big a disparity between the quality of our starting XI v the opponents as we'll see all season (and as big as one as we've seen in a lot of years); they have a few players who are still likely to move back to the prem. I totally understand setting up in the way we have. 

Pressing them is just going to create more holes for them to play through. This is really our reality until players are fit / get signed.

We pretty much beat there Prem team coming from behind a season back. This reality shows unfortunately how far we have regressed and how depleted we are of attacking talent.

So willing Cocu to get it right but it’s depressing right now.

Archived