Cocu

Ramfan1958

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Know many PSV fans do you? Yes, I did watch us against Barrow. We were rubbish. We were pretty good in the second half today. 

Actually work for company based near Eindhoven 95% of workforce PSV fans so yes know many of them they all say Cocu style is negative and boring. 

Money’s tight, but let’s sack him, pay him and the staff he brought with him compensation we can ill afford...or, repay his patience and loyalty for the many shifts of goalposts he’s had to face since he’s been here without complaint, I reckon weaker managers would have scarpered rather that put up with what Cocu has.

I’ll be honest and say I’m not thrilled with what I’m seeing at times but I think Cocu has had the thin end of the wedge and deserves a break.

11 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Our goal today came from Max Bird threading a ball through to Jozwiak. Not only is there often no options ahead of Max, he's also watched very closely as the opponent knows what he can do on the ball. He's also a young player. They're notoriously inconsistent. He's not gone backwards, he had a purple patch of form. 

That was an excellent ball, but it’s been an exception to his performances recently. Thought he was poor first half even today, gave possession away cheaply a few times and was generally too passive. I appreciate he’s a young player and will go in and out of form. Maybe I’m wrong, he might just be struggling with the pressure placed upon him to perform. But I just worry when you’ve got a manager like Cocu in charge, who’s naturally very cautious in his approach to the game, you’ll start to see that reflected in the players he’s coaching. I hope I’m way off the mark, but I’m worried we’re seeing a similar effect with Sibley who seems to have lost the drive he had when he first broke through, and as someone else mentioned in another thread, I’m worried we might see the same with Jozwiak over time.

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

That was an excellent ball, but it’s been an exception to his performances recently. Thought he was poor first half even today, gave possession away cheaply a few times and was generally too passive. I appreciate he’s a young player and will go in and out of form. Maybe I’m wrong, he might just be struggling with the pressure placed upon him to perform. But I just worry when you’ve got a manager like Cocu in charge, who’s naturally very cautious in his approach to the game, you’ll start to see that reflected in the players he’s coaching. I hope I’m way off the mark, but I’m worried we’re seeing a similar effect with Sibley who seems to have lost the drive he had when he first broke through, and as someone else mentioned in another thread, I’m worried we might see the same with Jozwiak over time.

Personally feel you're overreacting, Bird and Sibley will go on and off form, not because they've been coached to be negative, just because they're young players and that what happens. Bit of confidence in them and they'll get back to what we know they can be. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Personally feel you're overreacting, Bird and Sibley will go on and off form, not because they've been coached to be negative, just because they're young players and that what happens. Bit of confidence in them and they'll get back to what we know they can be. 

I hope you’re right, only time will tell I suppose. Once we’ve got a few players back fit, and especially once we’ve got a new striker in, Cocu will have no more excuses imo. He will have to deliver. That’s where we will truly see what he can do as a manager imo, and will probably make or break his time here.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

I hope you’re right, only time will tell I suppose. Once we’ve got a few players back fit, and especially once we’ve got a new striker in, Cocu will have no more excuses imo. He will have to deliver. That’s where we will truly see what he can do as a manager imo, and will probably make or break his time here.

Agreed, he can be judged fully when he's got his players back. I think I'm more worried about our defending than I am about us going forward.

12 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Money’s tight, but let’s sack him, pay him and the staff he brought with him compensation we can ill afford...or, repay his patience and loyalty for the many shifts of goalposts he’s had to face since he’s been here without complaint, I reckon weaker managers would have scarpered rather that put up with what Cocu has.

I’ll be honest and say I’m not thrilled with what I’m seeing at times but I think Cocu has had the thin end of the wedge and deserves a break.

Very well put ?

So, 1 rubbish league performance, 2 rubbish league cup perfornce and a "dissapined to not get something" improved performance.

Gradually improved last season then tailed off when we had a run of games against top sides, poor start and yup, it's my instant gratification is taking too long time.

I've been following Derby since around 2000 and it's the rough with the smooth when you support a club like ours. Probably going to be a rum season or two. The way it goes. Unless we're in serious trouble or it's clear the players have given up I don't see the point in changing the coach every six months. I see us as being in a Nigel Clough phase right now.

Halved the wage bill, brought through loads of our own, coped admirably with some serious club-related turbulence and finished tenth in his first season. What’s not to like?

As @RadioactiveWaste says above, we’re currently in a transition and a season or two (Maybe more) finishing mid table is expected. No harm in hoping for more but you have to be so much more rational. Plus the football isn’t that bad, we utterly thrashed some teams last season 

This thread is very silly 

1 hour ago, Ramfan1958 said:

Look take the blinkers off Cocu is rubbish its the most boring Derby team for many a year .

Who will bet me Rowetts team against Cocu team ? 

The other night against Preston 50 mins + first shot on goal get real everyone this team is absolutely diar stop dreaming .

What would McLarens team in 2014 do to this team ? they would murder them .

COCU OUT. 

I agree with some of your post. 

55 minutes ago, Ramfan1958 said:

Look take the blinkers off Cocu is rubbish its the most boring Derby team for many a year .

Who will bet me Rowetts team against Cocu team ? 

The other night against Preston 50 mins + first shot on goal get real everyone this team is absolutely diar stop dreaming .

What would McLarens team in 2014 do to this team ? they would murder them .

COCU OUT. 

We previously had a bit more money and Mac inherited a solid squad from Nigel Clough. Mac also had good contacts in the PL and was trusted by other managers as an ideal coach for loan players to develop under. Rowett had a fair bit of money to spend and although we didn't make it to the play off final, perhaps we should have, with the available resources and Mel's backing for Gary. 

Cocu's mistake might have been overestimating the squad he inherited at DCFC, or believing he would be given the resources to build a team capable of playing his brand of football. No one could have predicted the Joiners Arms fiasco, EFL investigation, or Covid-19.

Admittedly things aren't looking good, but I wouldn't want Philip Cocu to be treated disrespectfully, whatever happens. 

1 hour ago, Red_ram said:

If we listened to the ‘fans’ we’d have 20 managers a season, had a playing squad of 163 players and be £1.7 trillion in debt, but need to invest more. Luckily your calls will fall on deaf ears. We’re paying the price for past spending mistakes and are now playing the long game with the academy. It won’t be great every week, yet I’d hope by the end of the window we’ll at least be in a better shape to compete on a more regular basis.

We've had on average a different manager every season from 2013. So we're not a million miles away from your doomsday scenario now. 

1 hour ago, Ramfan1958 said:

Let's see your posts season end Derby fans have to stop dreaming did you watch us against Barrow !!!!.

I told  you 12 months ago PSV fans say it's the  most boring team ever tactics negative  yes they won the league but absolutely boring .

Cocu Out 

Yes well boring winning titles ain’t it? Get a grip mate.

Archived