Cocu

Ramfan1958

After two games the teams we've played are in automatc promotion places.

With nul points we are three places above the relegation zone. (duckst are below us).

Yet again we buy a quality player only to see him injured on his début.

Only another 44 games in which to rectify matters.

Cocu in, say I, he has had to ride more storms already than the Bermuda Triangle.

Not forgetting Covid 19 etc.

You can't blame everything on the manager, just get behind the man will you!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m sure everyone agrees on one thing right now, the football is rubbish. It’s a fact. Even Cocu agrees. We are not playing well although by the sounds of it some signs of improvement yesterday.

Just because the football is rubbish right now (as in 3 games into the new season) let’s not ignore the other fact that during second half of last season we showed top 6 form (even with those 4 defeats in a row post lock down) with academy players emerging to become critical players in this team, part of the chairman’s vision to have 50% of the squad made up with academy players. Those defeats against top 6 teams highlighted our deficiencies and Cocu has been actively trying to address these in the transfer market and possibly has with Jozwiak. Taking Max Bird, Cocu should actually be commended for his progress. Early last season he took him off against Scunthorpe told him what he needed to work on, obviously encouraged him and he came back to be player of the year as voted by his fellow players.

Everything has to be viewed in balance and in 12 months, not considering the way he has handled all the other crap he should never have to deal with, Cocu has done ok. Everyone wants us to win and do well but sadly there is no quick fix. Unless you have a big budget then it takes time to build something. That McClaren team was the culmination of 5 boring mid table years (actually a couple of relegation battles) under Clough.  Successful teams at this level are those who have cash and get lucky or build something over time. We are very much having to follow the latter at the moment. Sadly, The only times we’ve had a big budget we’ve spunked it on short term signings and backed the wrong managers (Jewell and Clement) 

Patience is needed. I’m not happy with everything I’m seeing but seen enough to suggest we are heading in the right direction albeit slowly. A new manager would have to work with this set of players and budget constraints therefore what is the point, it won’t achieve anything more and could weaken foundations already being put in place. If there were no players coming through, Cocu had signed lost of Dutch second division players in their mid to late twenties and we were showing no signs of improvement, I’d possibly have a different view.

10 hours ago, Ramfan1958 said:

Let's see your posts season end Derby fans have to stop dreaming did you watch us against Barrow !!!!.

I told  you 12 months ago PSV fans say it's the  most boring team ever tactics negative  yes they won the league but absolutely boring .

Cocu Out 

How can a team that averaged over two goals a game for five years be boring. I watched that side closely and they were anything but. 

11 hours ago, Ramfan1958 said:

Look bird is totally  overrated side wards passing no forward passes opening a defence open. It's Cocu style possession football 75% in our our own half. 

Love this .

I havent seen much of bird so i dont know but if cocu loves that i can see him signing Will hughes in a heartbeat , the biggest sideways passer and over rated that Derby has ever had . 

Also i will just put this out there . You cant deny stats we have signed 50% of wigans relegation defence ????  ( will just put that out there ) 

People moaning about Cocu when he has half his first team out injured is a joke , need to give their head a wobble.

He has also identified the places we need to strengthen ( winger + striker ) if he had identified 2 defensive midfielders i could see why some are concerned.

Joswiak a long term target played his first game for us yday and IMO was fantastic, let's just give it some time shall we.

15 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Love this .

I havent seen much of bird so i dont know but if cocu loves that i can see him signing Will hughes in a heartbeat , the biggest sideways passer and over rated that Derby has ever had . 

Also i will just put this out there . You cant deny stats we have signed 50% of wigans relegation defence ????  ( will just put that out there ) 

You do realise they were relegated because of a points deduction? Or is this a ?post?

11 hours ago, Ramfan1958 said:

Look take the blinkers off Cocu is rubbish its the most boring Derby team for many a year .

Who will bet me Rowetts team against Cocu team ? 

The other night against Preston 50 mins + first shot on goal get real everyone this team is absolutely diar stop dreaming .

What would McLarens team in 2014 do to this team ? they would murder them .

COCU OUT. 

Never saw all the game yesterday but saw the first half live and have seen the highlights, 

if you listen to the usual suspects on here like the above without seeing anything of games you would not have the first clue ( bit like them)

our goal ??? Mate that’s what I pay money to watch , quality football , the football for Sibley near miss ,that’s football I want to see ,

bears no resemblance to the post above but we get them , the blinkered 

Can you imagine what it would have been like on this forum in September 1968, Brian Cloughs second season. We finished the previous season lower in the table than in Tim Wards last. In the first five matches we lost two and drew three, five points out of a possible 10. And then we signed Willie Carlin and never looked back. Give the man time.

12 hours ago, Ramfan1958 said:

Look take the blinkers off Cocu is rubbish its the most boring Derby team for many a year .

Who will bet me Rowetts team against Cocu team ? 

The other night against Preston 50 mins + first shot on goal get real everyone this team is absolutely diar stop dreaming .

What would McLarens team in 2014 do to this team ? they would murder them .

COCU OUT. 

Let’s not rewrite history. Rowetts football was also as dull as dishwater and relied solely on the individual excellence of Vydra... 

5 minutes ago, Geriatram said:

Can you imagine what it would have been like on this forum in September 1968, Brian Cloughs second season. We finished the previous season lower in the table than in Tim Wards last. In the first five matches we lost two and drew three, five points out of a possible 10. And then we signed Willie Carlin and never looked back. Give the man time.

Couldn't  agree more ,  Dave McKay didn't win in his first 9 matches , Arthur Cox , Jim Smith , and the moaning dwarf  didn't get of to great starts  as we know all came good in the end  let's hope Cocu can replicate  this 

9 minutes ago, Geriatram said:

Exactly. Sometimes its a just a last piece of the jigsaw before it all clicks. Think the CF is the key for this side firing, the glaring issue that Carlin solved with the 1968 side.

Thinking in fact back to 3 of our most successful post-war managers, none hit the ground running. Clough as you say took over a season before it clicked, Cox took until his second season to drag us out the Third Division & Smith's side didnt fire until the November - quicker than the other two but in view of the lack of initial enthusiasm for his appointment, would have been fighting for his job if he were managing in 2020.

You don’t even have to look that far back to see that one player can completely change the way a team plays. Look at Bruno Fernandes at man united. They looked like Europa and he singlehandedly took them into the champions league. Jozwiak yesterday showed a massive improvement in our play yesterday. We actually pressed and we played a higher line and we upped the tempo. Our side is still a long way from how cocu wants to play. We need a left back a striker and another winger. Cocu is on a rebuild accept the fact we’ll be mid table until we get the necessary players and then you’ll see real cocuball 

1 hour ago, SFox1993 said:

People moaning about Cocu when he has half his first team out injured is a joke , need to give their head a wobble.

He has also identified the places we need to strengthen ( winger + striker ) if he had identified 2 defensive midfielders i could see why some are concerned.

Joswiak a long term target played his first game for us yday and IMO was fantastic, let's just give it some time shall we.

The players out injured coming back and the areas he says he wants to strengthen, don't stop us from conceding from crosses ?

4 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

The players out injured coming back and the areas he says he wants to strengthen, don't stop us from conceding from crosses ?

Maybe with better players the might stop conceding as many crosses as they have the positional awareness to know where opposition players are 

I do wonder how many divorces some of the people on here have had. 

'The husband overcooked the beef today...get rid'

'My wife said that weed and feed would make the lawn look better...I'm ringing a solicitor'

'My partner had a headache last night...I'm joining tinder'

I just hope the football gets a little more exciting, because for the past season and so far this season it’s been anything but that.

Actually does anyone like our style of play? serious question 

Archived