Cocu

Ramfan1958

21 minutes ago, Coconut said:

7 games between 26 November & 26 December 

4 defeats, 3 draws, 3 goals scored, 11 conceded

Yeah, not even remotely similar. The only thing is I should have said December, not November.

As opposed to a 10 game period where we have picked up zero points 80% of the time. 
Throw in a nil-nil draw in the Cup against the might of Barrow, and a defeat at the hands of Preston. Couple that with a very poor pre-season. 
Whichever you look at it, that equates to terrible form. 
Rose coloured spectacles won’t help you. 

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Coconut said:

Given an endless supply of new players, no budget restrictions, had an entire season with no major injuries to his key players, still couldn't achieve anything and subsequently sacked?

If you're going to make comparisons, at least make sure they hold together better than the Tesco value sheet of toilet paper you've just stuck your finger through while wiping your arse.

Not sure whether posters are giving you the laughing emoji due to your comparison to Tesco toilet paper or because what you're saying is ridiculous. Or a combination of the two maybe. Who knows. 

13 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

As opposed to a 10 game period where we have picked up zero points 80% of the time. 
Throw in a nil-nil draw in the Cup against the might of Barrow, and a defeat at the hands of Preston. Couple that with a very poor pre-season. 

...with all our our attacking players either out injured or departed, it makes a difference.

Not sure where you're getting rose coloured spectacles from, maybe the same fancy dress shop you brought your clown outfit from?

12 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Not sure whether posters are giving you the laughing emoji due to your comparison to Tesco toilet paper or because what you're saying is ridiculous. Or a combination of the two maybe. Who knows. 

It's ridiculous to point out that there are differences between the reasons for and circumstances around, Lamouchi being sacked and for Cocu potentially being sacked?

Yeah, OK then.

If you ducking say so. 

Just put me on ignore please, you seem to have a problem with every ducking thing I ever say.

4 minutes ago, Coconut said:

...with all our our attacking players either out injured or departed, it makes a difference.

Not sure where you're getting rose coloured spectacles from, maybe the same fancy dress shop you brought your clown outfit from?

It certainly wasn’t the shop where you get your bog paper from, but may well be the same chain that sold you your straight-jacket. 

Just now, Coconut said:

It's ridiculous to point out that there are differences between the reasons for and circumstances around for Lamouchi being sacked and for Cocu potentially being sacked?

Yeah, OK then.

If you ducking say so. 

What's ridiculous about the comparison between Forests and Derby appalling ends to the final quarter of their seasons and the carry over to this season? There is an absolute match.

What you are then trying to do though is mitigate this. The comparison is there undeniably. What's absurd about that. 

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

What's ridiculous about the comparison between Forests and Derby appalling ends to the final quarter of their seasons and the carry over to this season? There is an absolute match.

What you are then trying to do though is mitigate this. The comparison is there undeniably. What's absurd about that. 

Nothing if you're exclusively talking about results without context.

Have you done all your white knighting for one day, or should I expect you to jump in to defend and back up every single poster I ever have a difference of opinion with?

1 minute ago, Coconut said:

Nothing if you're exclusively talking about results without context.

Have you done all your white knighting for one day, or should I expect you to jump in to defend and back up every single poster I ever have a difference of opinion with?

You're taking this personally now and it's absolutely not 

22 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

In fairness, if you're going to compare the 2 then you need to wait and see what the outcome of Forest's appointment of Hughton is before drawing conclusions. If that goes down in a ball of flames then it'll retrospectively validate our decision to stick with Cocu

We can see improvement.
That’s one advantage of setting the bar so low at the beginning.

the back four was shambolic in the early games. Poor old te wierek couldn’t do a thing right and the team looked like a collection of unhappy individuals. 
however the introduction of Byrne and Buchanan Gave us two overlapping full backs and something to work with.

curtis  Davies restored order to back four.

Ode Wayne was removed from the danger zone in favour of the industry of shinnie, knight and co, and suddenly we look quite solid.

If we’d changed manager after The Blackburn game and a new man had made these changes, I’m sure we’d be reading posts arguing that this just showed how cack cocu was, and the new man is a massive improvement.

so credit him for the changes. He was unlucky not to get a point v Watford. As shinner commented after the barkhuizen volley V preston “sometimes you just have to applaud the goal”.

The football wasn’t bad. Obviously we are lacking a cutting edge but we are paying the penalty for years of ? recruitment. 

we have dropped a wardrobe sized bollok once again this summer and left ourselves short of a centre forward, but I really don’t believe that cocu has total control over recruitment decisions. It’s wierd that the lack of two or three players currently leaves us as toothless as an old gran sucking on a stick of rock, but the squad looks stronger than the  job lot Rowett left us with.

we do have players to come back. We will soon have a few options, and the young players constantly rekindle my enthusiasm. Get Sibley and knight firing on all cylinders And I’m sure we will find our feet again.

If anything it’s the potential for tinkering that worries me. 
Knight, Holmes, lawrence, ibe, sibley, jozwiak, Duncan, Rooney, Whittaker, Waghorn, Kazim-Richards........

will our man find the right blend or will it be like watching a clown on a unicycle trying to juggle too many balls. 

It’s been a tough start. the league is relentless and unforgiving, but right now I’d rather have cocu and co than Rooney and Gregory. 

I’m not panicking.

12 minutes ago, RamNut said:

We can see improvement.
That’s one advantage of setting the bar so low at the beginning.

the back four was shambolic in the early games. Poor old te wierek couldn’t do a thing right and the team looked like a collection of unhappy individuals. 
however the introduction of Byrne and Buchanan Gave us two overlapping full backs and something to work with.

curtis  Davies restored order to back four.

Ode Wayne was removed from the danger zone in favour of the industry of shinnie, knight and co, and suddenly we look quite solid.

If we’d changed manager after The Blackburn game and a new man had made these changes, I’m sure we’d be reading posts arguing that this just showed how cack cocu was, and the new man is a massive improvement.

so credit him for the changes. He was unlucky not to get a point v Watford. As shinner commented after the barkhuizen volley V preston “sometimes you just have to applaud the goal”.

The football wasn’t bad. Obviously we are lacking a cutting edge but we are paying the penalty for years of ? recruitment. 

we have dropped a wardrobe sized bollok once again this summer and left ourselves short of a centre forward, but I really don’t believe that cocu has total control over recruitment decisions. It’s wierd that the lack of two or three players currently leaves us as toothless as an old gran sucking on a stick of rock, but the squad looks stronger than the  job lot Rowett left us with.

we do have players to come back. We will soon have a few options, and the young players constantly rekindle my enthusiasm. Get Sibley and knight firing on all cylinders And I’m sure we will find our feet again.

If anything it’s the potential for tinkering that worries me. 
Knight, Holmes, lawrence, ibe, sibley, jozwiak, Duncan, Rooney, Whittaker, Waghorn, Kazim-Richards........

will our man find the right blend or will it be like watching a clown on a unicycle trying to juggle too many balls. 

It’s been a tough start. the league is relentless and unforgiving, but right now I’d rather have cocu and co than Rooney and Gregory. 

I’m not panicking.

I forgot about the tinkering.... hopefully learnt his lesson there too.

10 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

Half of Man Utd supporters (at least) wanted Ferguson out as did half the Board and then......

You'd have been calling for the head of Dave Mackay after the team collapsed on his arrival.

Oh, and probably Clough because the team deteriorated under him in his first season too.

As an aside, the greatest Coach in NFL history, Bill Belichick, got fired by Cleveland because his success wasn't quick enough, before going on to win a gazillion Super Bowls with New England.

Give the guy two seasons with his players available, or run the risk of jumping back on the merry-go-round.

8 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Half of Man Utd supporters (at least) wanted Ferguson out as did half the Board and then......

You'd have been calling for the head of Dave Mackay after the team collapsed on his arrival.

Oh, and probably Clough because the team deteriorated under him in his first season too.

As an aside, the greatest Coach in NFL history, Bill Belichick, got fired by Cleveland because his success wasn't quick enough, before going on to win a gazillion Super Bowls with New England.

Give the guy two seasons with his players available, or run the risk of jumping back on the merry-go-round.

One more season of the continuation of the current form will take us into Leauge one. If we’d have started the season with -12 points we’d already be most certainly doomed for a relegation fight. We may yet receive a points deduction, who knows. 
I’m not advocating that Phil should be removed at this point in time, however a review most certainly will be on the cards soon if things continue as they are i.e.  losing games (not even drawing), not scoring enough goals or creating chances and thereby losing confidence. 
Something isn’t right, it’s clear to see. 

Archived