Cocu

Ramfan1958

Look take the blinkers off Cocu is rubbish its the most boring Derby team for many a year .

Who will bet me Rowetts team against Cocu team ? 

The other night against Preston 50 mins + first shot on goal get real everyone this team is absolutely diar stop dreaming .

What would McLarens team in 2014 do to this team ? they would murder them .

COCU OUT. 

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ramfan1958 said:

Look take the blinkers off Cocu is rubbish its the most boring Derby team for many a year .

The other night against Preston 50 mins + first shot on goal get real everyone this team is absolutely diar stop dreaming .

COCU OUT. 

Shut up mate. Give him to the end of the transfer window at least. 

Who needs to get real? I don't see anyone on here trying to claim we're where we need to be yet. That being said, this post after a game of green shoots is strange to see. Who cares what the McClaren team would have done to this one? That was then, this is now. We played a Rowett team last season, and we beat them 3-2. 

If we're still bad in November/December, with our players signed and back, maybe I'll be with you. 

2 minutes ago, Ramfan1958 said:

COCU OUT. 

Cocu in. Players need to do better. Cocu doesn’t have a lot to choose from at the moment largely down to injuries. Calm down.

If we listened to the ‘fans’ we’d have 20 managers a season, had a playing squad of 163 players and be £1.7 trillion in debt, but need to invest more. Luckily your calls will fall on deaf ears. We’re paying the price for past spending mistakes and are now playing the long game with the academy. It won’t be great every week, yet I’d hope by the end of the window we’ll at least be in a better shape to compete on a more regular basis.

Now I ain’t Cocu’s biggest fan. I think he’s negative, and he’s not getting the best out of what he has at his disposal. Worse than that, I think he’s taking a few of our young lads, especially Bird, backwards by not allowing them enough freedom.

However, while the signs look worrying, we are two games into the league season. Any call to change a manager at this point is laughable, especially given the number of injuries we’ve had. Results haven’t been good, but give the bloke a chance. If we’re still this bad in a couple of months, then serious questions need to be asked. For now, we need to work on giving him a better squad to work with. Because this is still the worst squad since the Nigel Clough era.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

I think he’s taking a few of our young lads, especially Bird, backwards by not allowing them enough freedom.

Nobody thought Max Bird was any good until Cocu brought him through. Not sure how you can accuse him of taking Bird backwards, he'd been written off until Cocu saw something in him.

Just now, Ramfan1958 said:

Let's see your posts season end Derby fans have to stop dreaming did you watch us against Barrow !!!!.

I told  you 12 months ago PSV fans say it's the  most boring team ever tactics negative  yes they won the league but absolutely boring .

Cocu Out 

Know many PSV fans do you? Yes, I did watch us against Barrow. We were rubbish. We were pretty good in the second half today. 

Just now, Andicis said:

Nobody thought Max Bird was any good until Cocu brought him through. Not sure how you can accuse him of taking Bird backwards, he'd been written off until Cocu saw something in him.

I mean in the last few months. Give him massive credit for bringing him through of course, and putting that faith in him, but he’s gone massively backwards imo since the Coronavirus break. He looks almost scared to make a forward pass. Maybe I’m wrong, but that feels like a result of Cocu’s philosophy, rather than the player himself. After all, we’ve seen what he’s capable of when he first came into the side.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

I mean in the last few months. Give him massive credit for bringing him through of course, and putting that faith in him, but he’s gone massively backwards imo since the Coronavirus break. He looks almost scared to make a forward pass. Maybe I’m wrong, but that feels like a result of Cocu’s philosophy, rather than the player himself. After all, we’ve seen what he’s capable of when he first came into the side.

Our goal today came from Max Bird threading a ball through to Jozwiak. Not only is there often no options ahead of Max, he's also watched very closely as the opponent knows what he can do on the ball. He's also a young player. They're notoriously inconsistent. He's not gone backwards, he had a purple patch of form. 

Everyone keeps banging on about the McLaren team but it failed. It didn’t fail once, oh no, it failed twice. This great team couldn’t score against 10 men in 30 minutes. It then threw away automatic promotion and the play offs a year later. Yes I know what people will say ‘well Martin was injured or ‘it was Keogh’s fault’ or ‘McLaren got distracted’. Cocu has not had the best of starts. However, let’s say we sack him then what? A new manager with new ideas and wanting more money that we haven’t got to buy his type of player? Start another transition? Maybe we get lucky and it clicks like with the first McLaren team but what if it doesn’t. The only way Cocu gets sacked is we are dangerously close to relegation, which we aren’t after two ducking games with 44 to play. In reality the club can’t afford to sack him and his back room staff, and the employ a new manager with all his back room staff. Unless they really have to. Can we please have a degree of patience. Maybe it will work and maybe it won’t but we don’t know after two games.

19 minutes ago, Ramfan1958 said:

Look take the blinkers off Cocu THE CLOWN is rubbish its the most boring Derby team for many a year .

Who will bet me Rowetts team against Cocu THE CLOWNS team ? 

The other night against Preston 50 mins + first shot on goal get real everyone this team is absolutely diaR? stop dreaming .

Cocu THE CLOWN OUT. 

FTFY 

haha the filter changed my C0C0 back to COCU......that’ll learn me!

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Look bird is totally  overrated side wards passing no forward passes opening a defence open. It's Cocu style possession football 75% in our our own half. 

This is a long term project. It might get worse before it gets better but I think Cocu is here for the long haul, bring the kids through and get us playing his way. Might not be great to watch currently but he needs some time to get the players he wants in and everyone fully fit. Then he can be judged...

Archived