Cocu

Ramfan1958

13 minutes ago, DesertRam said:

Totally agree Sean - those 3 back, along with the new signings and Ibe and Duncan as soon as their fit,

it looks like all the planets are moving into alignment, and we are heading for a massive increase in class, pace

and creativity.

Not actually bothered if we lose the next few, cause at some point we won't be able to stop winning - it could be

embarrassing, boring even..?

Greatest signings (Cocu as Sean claims)  should lead to greatest achievements but in Cocu's case there is a blank page to date. Perhaps such superlatives may best be reserved for later. He has yet to match Rowett who got us to a top 6 finish, with arguably more attractive football.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

Greatest signings (Cocu as Sean claims)  should lead to greatest achievements but in Cocu's case there is a blank page to date. Perhaps such superlatives may best be reserved for later. He has yet to match Rowett who got us to a top 6 finish, with arguably more attractive football.

4gcdfd.jpg.608c1b007010324212b724edfffb9f87.jpg

On 21/09/2020 at 00:16, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

. In order to beat teams and get out of this division playing possession based football at a slow tempo we need exceptional players who can read a move before the balls played, have the passing accuracy of a laser and the ability to retain the ball for long periods from defence to attack.  We don't have 250 million pounds. We could try doing the above at a fast pace but we don't have 400 million .  Cocu isn't a bad manager and seems a nice fella and you could say he's been dealt a bad hand as the cupboard is bare, but he really is struggling to get to grips with the intensity of this league.  There's no time to catch breath, every teams full of midfield bullies who love a bit of caught in possession 20 year old stuck to there studs and we need points .  So yes, with injuries and lack of options we need to change something as the correct players for this system are very expensive and we could be in bother after the next few games.  If we have to loan an 8ft giant for a few months and constantly hammer it to his head just to get some traction till we can get or general play sorted it's a necessary evil I'm afraid. I'd rather not but the twinkle toed strikers cost money and we will not be attractive to prem clubs loaning us there best young forwards at the minute as we don't play at the right tempo.

Absolutely this, if we want to get out of this division (personally I’m not to bothered as I love the championship) we need to mix it up a little. Slow possession based football with the squad we have just won’t cut it in this league I’m afraid. I’m sure PC is clever enough to work that out himself and I’m sure we’ll see different styles now he’s added to his team. It’s not like we haven’t got the coaching staff to help change it either 

5 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

There were parts of the Rowett season I did enjoy, particually a defence that knows what it's doing. I think the key thing is the difference between the team knowing what it's doing and doing it well (Rowett) and the team struggling to do what they're supposed to be doing.

Calmed down folks the sky's not fallen in yet. 

Were 2 games into season playing with a patched up side (not containing all of our new/potential new signings and injured players). 

Performances have been patchy were recovering from a soft transfer embargo,a long drawn battle bruising with the EFL, and the financial and social effects of Covid.  

That's quite a lot for the club and manager to have been trying to sort out. 

Throughout all of this time have we heard a whisper of descent or self pity from the manager about his situation.  

I guy of Cocu name at stature in world football could quite easily have left saying this was too much for him to handle (and most would not blame him).

How many many of previous managers would have put up with this ?

But he stayed because he is commit ed to club and the project he has started.

From our recent transfer activity you can finally start to see the shape of side he wants to produce but he needs time.

To build anything long term solid and sustainable the foundations must be solid and that is what Cocu is doing whilst keeping a mind on today as well.

He is bring prove professionals like Marshall, Byrne and Dutch Mike in defensive positions where experience and know how is required.  

While youth pace and power is being recruited in offensive positions such Ibe, Polish lad and Duncan  

The remainder of team is made of augmented with existing player and own youth products. 

He is finally building the team he wants not a patchwork made up of reminiants of previous managers signings. 

Give the Guy a chance before judging him.

On 24/09/2020 at 20:46, DesertRam said:

I am still convinced that we have some sort of arrangement in place for Billy Sharpe, if he

doesn't get in their team, and is not playing regularly, whether its a loan or something

more permanent. I think there was a lot more to the Lowe/Bogle deal than meets the eye, I'm

hoping anyway ?

What is the obsession with some fans and Billy Sharp? He's just an older version of Marriott and not the type of athletic hold up player Cocu wants for his system. Also Bobby Duncan is a similar player who we just got for free, less experience granted but good potential. Sharp is past his best and expensive, would be disappointing if we signed him given our recent astute business.

32 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

What is the obsession with some fans and Billy Sharp? He's just an older version of Marriott and not the type of athletic hold up player Cocu wants for his system. Also Bobby Duncan is a similar player who we just got for free, less experience granted but good potential. Sharp is past his best and expensive, would be disappointing if we signed him given our recent astute business.

Bang on. 

2 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

I also find the Billy Sharp thing baffling. Yeah, decent championship striker, but really...

5 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I also find the Billy Sharp thing baffling. Yeah, decent championship striker, but really...

Too many one on ones not scored from. Scoring from the best chances we get and tightening the defence would be an improvement. Not enough attempts on goal.

• 3 weeks later...

I suspect that this is placed in the media to try to get cocu to resign and therefore save on any compensation.

dirty tricks if that’s the case.

not a good way to treat him.

deafening silence from the club.

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

I suspect that this is placed in the media to try to get cocu to resign and therefore save on any compensation.

You feeling alright?

A story that came out late last night, in the biggest rag going, and the club are supposed to comment on it? What world are you in?

6 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Ed Dawes tweeting that this is laughable , can’t see why the club would even give this the time of day and give the Sun the attention and clicks it is craving. 
Think someone has been on the wind up but time will tell like everything .

9 minutes ago, Ratpackram said:

Nigel cough was the most honourable man the club ever had in charge I would suggest

Honourable and dignified are different. "Go back to where he came from" and alike isn't very dignified.

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

It's been positioned for a reason obviously. It's not the story it's the underlying message that everyone seems to be overlooking - replace Rooney and Gregory with any names you choose, the import of the situation for Cocu is the one that's the driver in all of this. 

Archived