Won 't be long till we're starting to wi..in

We're building a team from the Lambs

Who will soon be Super Rams!

Cocu has a style that is Dutch

And on luck can't rely very mu...uch

He's faced many problems so far

With calmness that makes him a star.

We really don't want Cocu out.

Never mind what the Sun loves to spou...out!

Cocu in Cocu in Cocu in

New Sunrise new future...Begin!

9 minutes ago, superzak said:

I think Phillip Cocu is going to struggle to keep his job this season. The squad is considerably weaker than last season and is mediocre at best. At least he wont lose his job because of dwindling attendances at P.P  lol

Are you saying the squad being weaker is his fault? No money, told to use the academy.  If you are saying that getting rid of Marriott who doesn't fit the squad. Anya who never played.  Flo jo who again couldn't hold down a place. Then yes if you rate those we are weaker. Funny how some rave over Jozwiak, Ibe, Marshall, Clarke then others think we are weaker.  Very strange 

Marriott leaving has just about made me give up on Cocu - I was previously a supporter, but this shows me he can't get the best of players with genuine talent. Sick and tired of the whole darn thing. Obviously I'm hoping we now smash Watford and go on to do great things, but right now I'm gutted.

1 minute ago, BathRam72 said:

Are you saying the squad being weaker is his fault? No money, told to use the academy.  If you are saying that getting rid of Marriott who doesn't fit the squad. Anya who never played.  Flo jo who again couldn't hold down a place. Then yes if you rate those we are weaker. Funny how some rave over Jozwiak, Ibe, Marshall, Clarke then others think we are weaker.  Very strange 

I think that having a weaker squad makes it more likely we will be putting in the kind of results that sees managers sacked, whether it is their fault or not.

Jury remains out, for me, whether we are truly weaker than last season.

Cocu has done wonders this transfer window to get rid of the dead wood and bring in players on low fees. However I feel like the clubs letting him down in the transfer market. Hes been quite open about wanting to keep Martin then he was open about wanting a striker. Why hasn’t this happened yet?? If dursun was number 1 target why wait so late. What has happened to the Lowe and bogle money. It’s disgraceful if we leave the squad looking like this

14 minutes ago, superzak said:

I think Phillip Cocu is going to struggle to keep his job this season. The squad is considerably weaker than last season and is mediocre at best. At least he wont lose his job because of dwindling attendances at P.P  lol

The squad is way stronger. We've shipped out loads of deadwood on big money that didn't want to be here and brought in some astute pieces of recruitment of international quality (Marshall & Jozwiak) on a very tight budget. The only position we're arguably weaker is a striker but even then Waghorn, Rooney & CKR should be good enough if the players behind them give them service.

1 minute ago, jcidaho said:

Marriott leaving has just about made me give up on Cocu - I was previously a supporter, but this shows me he can't get the best of players with genuine talent. Sick and tired of the whole darn thing. Obviously I'm hoping we now smash Watford and go on to do great things, but right now I'm gutted.

Marriott can't play as a lone striker, are you expecting Cocu to adapt his whole system and footballing style to accommodate 1 underperforming player who also has been rumoured to have a questionable attitude?

What about the players he's improved- Bird, Knight, Clarke, Buchanan, bringing Martin out the cold?

7 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

The squad is way stronger. We've shipped out loads of deadwood on big money that didn't want to be here and brought in some astute pieces of recruitment of international quality (Marshall & Jozwiak) on a very tight budget. The only position we're arguably weaker is a striker but even then Waghorn, Rooney & CKR should be good enough if the players behind them give them service.

Completely deluded in my opinion saying way stronger, you could argue slightly better and that's very debatable but way stronger no way. 2 quality strikers have left with Duncan and Richards in, Te werik isn't great let's be honest, Marshall quality, Byrne quality but he replaced quality, Lowes gone with no replacement, Jozwiak we don't know yet if he will be good for us although he's promising, and Ibe unfit and may do nothing for us if he can't get fit and get back to his old self which may be hard with our slow build up as cliche as that sounds. Overall at best we will be marginally better at worst a lot worse because we are going to rely alot on Ibe and Jozwiak being good for us and the defence is poor and not properly improved apart from Marshall. 

1 minute ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Completely deluded in my opinion saying way stronger, you could argue slightly better and that's very debatable but way stronger no way. 2 quality strikers have left with Duncan and Richards in, Te werik isn't great let's be honest, Marshall quality, Byrne quality but he replaced quality, Lowes gone with no replacement, Jozwiak we don't know yet if he will be good for us although he's promising, and Ibe unfit and may do nothing for us if he can't get fit and get back to his old self which may be hard with our slow build up as cliche as that sounds. 

Martin refused our offer, disappointing but hey ho. Marriott doesn't fit our system so I wouldn't call him ''quality'' for what we currently want. 

Which positions we are weaker in apart from striker? Because we're stronger at GK, CB, CDM, RW & LW... 

7 hours ago, Oldben said:

I'm going loco under cocu.

My Dutch brother in law said why did Derby sign him, he's useless.

How long before he's sacked?

He won 3 consecutive titles in Holland. Is your brother in law an Ajax or a Feyenoord fan?

Just now, YorkshireRam said:

Martin refused our offer, disappointing but hey ho. Marriott doesn't fit our system so I wouldn't call him ''quality'' for what we currently want. 

Which positions we are weaker in apart from striker? Because we're stronger at GK, CB, CDM, RW & LW... 

Striker is an extremely crucial position same with keeper they are the two most significant positions and centre back as well, LB weaker as well, CDM how? Wings yes but there's too much emphasis on Ibe and Jozwiak if they don't perform or stay fit we are ducked, we are about the same as where we were last summer because of LB and striker. 

Just now, Marriott Ram99 said:

Striker is an extremely crucial position same with keeper they are the two most significant positions and centre back as well, LB weaker as well, CDM how? Wings yes but there's too much emphasis on Ibe and Jozwiak if they don't perform or stay fit we are ducked, we are about the same as where we were last summer because of LB and striker. 

Now we have wingers, Knight can play in his natural midfield position. Bielik, Bird, Knight, Shinnie- all 4 good enough in those positions. 

LB is pretty similar, if Baba Rahman comes in later as has been rumoured, that's significantly stronger than last season. And the strikers we have now better fit the description of what we want- will have to see if they perform now.

But basically, I am right and the squad is stronger because we've strengthened most positions. Thank you for confirming my point. 

3 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Now we have wingers, Knight can play in his natural midfield position. Bielik, Bird, Knight, Shinnie- all 4 good enough in those positions. 

LB is pretty similar, if Baba Rahman comes in later as has been rumoured, that's significantly stronger than last season. And the strikers we have now better fit the description of what we want- will have to see if they perform now.

But basically, I am right and the squad is stronger because we've strengthened most positions. Thank you for confirming my point. 

Most doesn't equate to strengthening when Martin has gone probably the best target man in the league with very sketchy replacements, LB position hasn't been addressed with Lowe departing and our options are nowhere near good enough. So overall marginally better at best, if we get Rahman that changes but as of yet we haven't. 

The squad is “considerably weaker” than last season? Who have we lost?

Bogle - replaced by Byrne

Lowe - not first choice

Malone - not first choice
Huddlestone - not first choice 

Marriott - injured/not first choice

Jozefzoon - barely played at all

Martin - became first choice

Who have gained/Where have we strengthened?

Marshall - big upgrade on Roos/Hamer

Te Weirik - jury is out I admit but we’re no weaker in this position as we re signed Clarke 

Jozwiak - improvement

Ibe - improvement 

So despite improving in the wide areas, GK and remaining as strong in all other positions and potentially stronger with players coming back from injury we are considerably weaker than last season? We are massively weaker because Chris Martin has left who as much I loved him looked completely isolated and useless towards the end of last season as the midfield wasn’t firing?! 

Perspective please, losing Chris Martin and not replacing him doesn’t mean we are massively weaker as a team and this is going to be a relegation battle!!

Are we going to improve on last season - I think we’ll probably match it

Am I frustrated - yes and I think we need some more openness from Mel on the current situation because we need to potentially reset expectations for this season in the eyes of many. We can get behind a long term plan but don’t take us for mugs and say the target is top 6 when the transfer dealings in the past 24 hours suggests otherwise (he says hoping a striker target emerges and is signed by 5pm!)

9 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Perspective please, losing Chris Martin and not replacing him doesn’t mean we are massively weaker as a team and this is going to be a relegation battle!!

It actually does though. Martin was integral to our play last season, and now we don't have a striker. The link up play that got built up is now entirely gone. It's a huge loss. 

2 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

Think we have a much improved squad this season to be honest. 

Archived