Cocu

Ramfan1958

13 minutes ago, Addingham Ram said:

Please can we all refrain from complementing Leeds.

I live and work amongst them and they are just lapping up all of the praise being thrown their way for the way they are playing at the moment.

If any of their posters were to find out that we secretly admired them, it would get unbearable! 

I'm afraid us West Yorkshire Rams are going to have to suck it up for the time being!

If they get too much, just remind them of the Histon Cup defeat, how we made them cry on the telly & the (probable) fact most of them have only supported them 2 years - the last one really winds them up ? 

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

I'm afraid us West Yorkshire Rams are going to have to suck it up for the time being!

If they get too much, just remind them of the Histon Cup defeat, how we made them cry on the telly & the (probable) fact most of them have only supported them 2 years - the last one really winds them up ? 

Just ask if they have opened up the upper tier yet to accommodate all the new fans.

15 hours ago, Bubbles said:

Why should we change the style of football is the question I keep asking. People call it negative, boring etc. It’s not, it’s more down to the fact certain players can’t do it. Once we’ve got the correct players in we’ll see completely different style of football. 

They're not doing that much "wrong" they're just doing it too slowly to be effective, and because it's slow, the other team close it down, leaving only a safe sideways pass on, so it's make the safe pass or probably lose it and we're under pressure again.

All that needs to happen is to do what they're working on quicker than the oposition are closing it down and all of a sudden it'll start working.

The big question for me is, can they do it reliably and quickly by the standards of the championship? We're not up against world beating defenses by any means. Our goal against luton was well worked. I just want to see the team do things a bit quicker, and i don't by that mean "run harder" I mean pick the move out quicker, find the player in space before you've had the think about it and then whoops the cover has closed it.

I'm no big fan of "hoof", "pashun","chase everything down" "play the percentages" but at the moment we're flat out too slow to be effective.

17 hours ago, Andicis said:

Every single time something like this is posted I lose brain cells, please I don't have any more to lose. Any fan can complain about the tactics, telling them to support another team is sincerely ludicrous and bigoted. Trying to take a moral high ground and sneering at fans with concerns doesn't make you a better Derby fan, it just looks silly.

I am certainly not taking the moral high ground or sneering at anyone, you pay your money and take your choice,if you don't like that choice you don't pay, that's not being bigoted or looking silly, that's the choice available to everyone  Fans come on here and say "Derby till i die" who believe in the club "whatever" but then there are some who as soon as a manager comes in and doesn't play in the style they want he is perceived to be using boring tactics and start saying we will lose fans,as i said, that's there choice. There are a lot on here who can see the bigger picture and are prepared to get behind Cocu unlike some.

5 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

I am certainly not taking the moral high ground or sneering at anyone, you pay your money and take your choice,if you don't like that choice you don't pay, that's not being bigoted or looking silly, that's the choice available to everyone  Fans come on here and say "Derby till i die" who believe in the club "whatever" but then there are some who as soon as a manager comes in and doesn't play in the style they want he is perceived to be using boring tactics and start saying we will lose fans,as i said, that's there choice. There are a lot on here who can see the bigger picture and are prepared to get behind Cocu unlike some.

You don't choose your team. Pretending you can just go support someone else is silly. Again, with your last post you take the high ground as if you're a better fan, again, you're wrong.

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

You don't choose your team. Pretending you can just go support someone else is silly. Again, with your last post you take the high ground as if you're a better fan, again, you're wrong.

He's not taken the higher ground Andicis and being a sensible lad, I'm not sure why you adopt a stance I'm not sure even you give much creedence. He's not suggested that we switch clubs either, only inferred that if something winds him up the way DCFC winds up some folk on here, he'd exercise his option not to watch them. Seems eminently fair to me and I don't think it's directed at you either.

There's a few on here (and thankfully it is just a few) who seem quite consciously to go out of their way to sneer as you put it at our club; the players are crap; the manager has no clue; the owner has brought us to rack and ruin; the team don't care, yada, yada, yada. I don't mean the kind of criticism levelled when a player, or the team in general, has a stinker, which is fair enough, I mean those that never find anything good to say about Derby and just go missing when there's nothing for them to carp about. They know that this will wind up plenty on here yet are outraged and full of faux surprise when it does. I cite the one loss in 11 or whatever it was running up to the Waggy and Lawrence suspensions as the most recent example. I won't name names because I'm sure you'll know at least some of those I'm referring to. Yet if folk mock the hyperbolic criticism, even in the most gentle of fashions, the same folk start screeching about being victimised. That door swings both ways I'm afraid and that fact should be obvious.

As it is, if folk want their own outlandish theories taken seriously and to be treated with respect, they might want to try conducting themselves in the manner they're demanding of others. The fact is, some come on here with the pure and expressed notion of running down the club and players and they know exactly what sort of reaction they are going to get in doing so. I think you know this very well as you yourself have taken plenty to task for doing just that. Claiming that banter is abusive / bullying / there's a clique / the mods are out to get me or other such nonsense has become a stock defence for the perpetually victimised. If they really feel that way they'd report posts or use the 'block' function, not throw hissy fits which only invite further responses. These days, I'll respond once or twice after which I just whack 'em on ignore if I think their wums or cringingly self-loathing, or whatever, quite frankly! It ain't hard. I have at least 20 on my list. Fact is, this is a very well moderated forum, end of. They've kicked my arse into touch on multiple occasions after all ?‍♀️

Anyway, apologies for the long post but I think this is something that needs saying even if I'm not the guy that should be saying it ?

1 hour ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Fact is, this is a very well moderated forum, end of.

Certainly is, which is why I choose to post here rather than Twitter, being able to properly talk on here rather than Twitter is much preferred. 

He's not suggested that we switch clubs either,

He kinda did, with his first post, I quote word for word ''If you don't like the "boring tactics" you are very welcome to start supporting another team'', to me, that says if you want to complain about the tactics you should support someone else. Which is why I felt compelled to comment to begin with. I find such comments stupid. 

On a whole, I agree with the majority of your post. 

There's a few on here (and thankfully it is just a few) who seem quite consciously to go out of their way to sneer as you put it at our club; the players are crap; the manager has no clue; the owner has brought us to rack and ruin; the team don't care, yada, yada, yada.

That is completely correct, those posters will always be ones I clash heads with. They're wrong. But on the other side, fans that tell or imply people who criticise should support other teams will always be, in my opinion, wrong. 

7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Certainly is, which is why I choose to post here rather than Twitter, being able to properly talk on here rather than Twitter is much preferred. 

He kinda did, with his first post, I quote word for word ''If you don't like the "boring tactics" you are very welcome to start supporting another team'', to me, that says if you want to complain about the tactics you should support someone else. Which is why I felt compelled to comment to begin with. I find such comments stupid. 

On a whole, I agree with the majority of your post. 

That is completely correct, those posters will always be ones I clash heads with. They're wrong. But on the other side, fans that tell or imply people who criticise should support other teams will always be, in my opinion, wrong. 

Ah sorry bud, had not clocked the earlier post. Yeah, perhaps that's not the ticket but in essence I still agree with the notion that we all have choices. Again, I'm not sure the comment is directed at the likes of you but then I've not read any earlier posts so I may have that wrong as well ?‍♀️ 

I think that crux of the matter is that for many, this forum is a release. When folk are relentless in their criticism and angst, it's really not a great place to be. Some will rally together, some just tear it all down, some sit in the middle, so it is and always will be I guess. If folk expect their sensibilities to be taken onto account, they too can either take that into account and self-moderate accordingly or just bash away and please themselves, in which case, they've no right to be mud-slinging. If the latter option is preferred, there will always be some 'feedback' - that's how forums work and rightly so IMO.

Anyway, Jozwiak, Ibe, Byrne and our new striker will have the bulk of us purring inside a few weeks at which point we can roll out the MF monster that is Bielik. Sibbo and Knight will be deployed to suit their game not to fill spaces, te Wierk will prove to be a Rolls Royce CB and we will be literally rolling over teams like Luton, trust me!

Deluded happy-clapping, rose-tinted BS or a viable future? We'll see, I guess.

13 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Anyway, Jozwiak, Ibe, Byrne and our new striker will have the bulk of us purring inside a few weeks at which point we can roll out the MF monster that is Bielik. Sibbo and Knight will be deployed to suit their game not to fill spaces, te Wierk will prove to be a Rolls Royce CB and we will be literally rolling over teams like Luton, trust me!

Deluded happy-clapping, rose-tinted BS or a viable future? We'll see, I guess.

I'm so so excited to see Ibe, Jozwiak and a new striker play in the same team. Particularly with Byrne's overlapping which was frankly phenomenal in the game vs Luton. It says to me we're going to be so much more threatening going forward, and that the boring accusations will no longer be applicable as we'll score a lot more goals.

I'm still skeptical over Te Wierik, though I'm actually a big fan of Wisdom at CB and I think Clarke is a good defender too, so I wouldn't mind seeing those two pair up for the foreseeable. I don't see it deluded happy clapping, I was very impressed by the second half vs Luton, and if we continue to play like that with the return of some more first teamers, I know we'll pick up some good results soon. With our squad fit and firing, I know we're capable of beating any team in this league without a single doubt. We have more than enough time to turn it around.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

I'm so so excited to see Ibe, Jozwiak and a new striker play in the same team. Particularly with Byrne's overlapping which was frankly phenomenal in the game vs Luton. It says to me we're going to be so much more threatening going forward, and that the boring accusations will no longer be applicable as we'll score a lot more goals.

I'm still skeptical over Te Wierik, though I'm actually a big fan of Wisdom at CB and I think Clarke is a good defender too, so I wouldn't mind seeing those two pair up for the foreseeable. I don't see it deluded happy clapping, I was very impressed by the second half vs Luton, and if we continue to play like that with the return of some more first teamers, I know we'll pick up some good results soon. With our squad fit and firing, I know we're capable of beating any team in this league without a single doubt. We have more than enough time to turn it around.

Good lad. That's the spirit ? 

Ibe, Byrne, Joswiak, Marshall, Te Wierik, Clarke for under 5 million shows how astute our business has been under Cocu. Bringing in quality who all improve our first 11 alongside the promotion of our youth players, I don’t think many can argue with the players being brought into the side. Whilst the style of play hasn’t been great so far this season, we’ve only played 4 games and had plenty of injuries to key players. Anyone calling for his head just wait for Cocu to have Bielik, Lawrence, Waghorn, Holmes fit a new striker and maybe a left back. I’m convinced with the backing of the club, Cocu is the man to take us back to the Premier League with the capability to keep us there. My manager ?

On 21/09/2020 at 14:56, RadioactiveWaste said:

They're not doing that much "wrong" they're just doing it too slowly to be effective, and because it's slow, the other team close it down, leaving only a safe sideways pass on, so it's make the safe pass or probably lose it and we're under pressure again.

All that needs to happen is to do what they're working on quicker than the oposition are closing it down and all of a sudden it'll start working.

The big question for me is, can they do it reliably and quickly by the standards of the championship? We're not up against world beating defenses by any means. Our goal against luton was well worked. I just want to see the team do things a bit quicker, and i don't by that mean "run harder" I mean pick the move out quicker, find the player in space before you've had the think about it and then whoops the cover has closed it.

I'm no big fan of "hoof", "pashun","chase everything down" "play the percentages" but at the moment we're flat out too slow to be effective.

Interesting that hoof ball is not seen as a viable tactic anymore. I guess managers prefer their teams on the whole to retain possession and don’t like the risk losing it. Derby in particular play a possession based game that suggests they want to control the ball as much as possible eg, patient build up and goalkeepers only punting long as a last resort. Some other teams prefer to counter attack. Maybe some teams still work on long ball tactics but it’s seen as regressive these days. I do think there is something to be said to mix this game and throw long balls over the top or across earlier which can cause chaos. Maybe Cocu feels we have neither the strength, height or pace to retain possession after long balls. He may be right. We haven’t got a big target man who will score you a few headers a season and we haven’t got many players who look to run beyond the defence and gamble.

On 21/09/2020 at 14:56, RadioactiveWaste said:

Fully agree with this but I think part of it is down to confidence and some of that lack comes from being forced to play so many kids

Whittaker is the classic example of this - Looks mildly terrified to be on the pitch and every time a decision needs to be made he takes the simple, easy, no risk one - He won that freekick against Preston because after a great run (cos he had loads of space) but he dithered about whether to try and take it past the defender or not - At the speed he was moving he could have floated past the dude - Or may have lost the ball - Luckily for him the dude fouled him while he was being indecisive

Bird suffers from this too - Seems to need Rooney next to him geeing him up the whole time and giving him the confidence to play a bit more - Knight is a naturally more cautious player - The only more confident player is Sibley who's been marked out of the game so far this season because people knew he was our only threat

Having a few more senior players in the side and especially our attack will make a huge difference - Ibe, Jozwiak, Lawrence, Waggers - All players who have more faith in themselves and know that losing the ball every now and then is part and parcel of being an attacker - Over time the young lads will gain that confidence too - But having 4/5 of them in our attack means they're just going to take the safety option every time

Got to say that Cocu has a clear idea of what is needed to build the team he strives for, he has a plan and a steely determination to deliver.  Might have been a poor start and we've got tough games to come but I'm optimistic that we're going in the right direction.   Just a bit of patience required as it isn't a plan for short term gain but one for a successful and sustainable future

I am still convinced that we have some sort of arrangement in place for Billy Sharpe, if he

doesn't get in their team, and is not playing regularly, whether its a loan or something

more permanent. I think there was a lot more to the Lowe/Bogle deal than meets the eye, I'm

hoping anyway ?

On 21/09/2020 at 22:14, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

He's not taken the higher ground Andicis and being a sensible lad, I'm not sure why you adopt a stance I'm not sure even you give much creedence. He's not suggested that we switch clubs either, only inferred that if something winds him up the way DCFC winds up some folk on here, he'd exercise his option not to watch them. Seems eminently fair to me and I don't think it's directed at you either.

There's a few on here (and thankfully it is just a few) who seem quite consciously to go out of their way to sneer as you put it at our club; the players are crap; the manager has no clue; the owner has brought us to rack and ruin; the team don't care, yada, yada, yada. I don't mean the kind of criticism levelled when a player, or the team in general, has a stinker, which is fair enough, I mean those that never find anything good to say about Derby and just go missing when there's nothing for them to carp about. They know that this will wind up plenty on here yet are outraged and full of faux surprise when it does. I cite the one loss in 11 or whatever it was running up to the Waggy and Lawrence suspensions as the most recent example. I won't name names because I'm sure you'll know at least some of those I'm referring to. Yet if folk mock the hyperbolic criticism, even in the most gentle of fashions, the same folk start screeching about being victimised. That door swings both ways I'm afraid and that fact should be obvious.

As it is, if folk want their own outlandish theories taken seriously and to be treated with respect, they might want to try conducting themselves in the manner they're demanding of others. The fact is, some come on here with the pure and expressed notion of running down the club and players and they know exactly what sort of reaction they are going to get in doing so. I think you know this very well as you yourself have taken plenty to task for doing just that. Claiming that banter is abusive / bullying / there's a clique / the mods are out to get me or other such nonsense has become a stock defence for the perpetually victimised. If they really feel that way they'd report posts or use the 'block' function, not throw hissy fits which only invite further responses. These days, I'll respond once or twice after which I just whack 'em on ignore if I think their wums or cringingly self-loathing, or whatever, quite frankly! It ain't hard. I have at least 20 on my list. Fact is, this is a very well moderated forum, end of. They've kicked my arse into touch on multiple occasions after all ?‍♀️

Anyway, apologies for the long post but I think this is something that needs saying even if I'm not the guy that should be saying it ?

I was charged parcel rate to get this through the letter box. Very good post 86Schm etc.

On 21/09/2020 at 23:58, Andicis said:

Particularly with Byrne's overlapping which was frankly phenomenal in the game vs Luton.

Totally Agree I think Byrne will be a big favourite here and is an upgrade on Bogle...never stops running and great attacking threat 

Cocu remains one of the greatest signings this club will make and his first proper unrestricted transfer window is looking fantastic so far. Say what you want about the guy up until now but I can really see this team thriving in a few weeks time with Lawrence, Waghorn and Bielik back in contention

Totally agree Sean - those 3 back, along with the new signings and Ibe and Duncan as soon as their fit,

it looks like all the planets are moving into alignment, and we are heading for a massive increase in class, pace

and creativity.

Not actually bothered if we lose the next few, cause at some point we won't be able to stop winning - it could be

embarrassing, boring even..?

Archived