Derby County v Blackburn Rovers

Mafiabob

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah I'm amused by how much Lampard has spent. But it doesn't make me as happy as a Derby win would. Never really been sure about Cocu, don't think he gets what it takes to get 'outta here'!

Imagine spending £200m on new players and then getting tonked by your premier league new boys!

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah I'm amused by how much Lampard has spent. But it doesn't make me as happy as a Derby win would. Never really been sure about Cocu, don't think he gets what it takes to get 'outta here'!

Well I’m in the let’s see what happens when Ibe Lawrence and Waghorn are available for selection camp. 

I don’t think we’d have seen Blackburn put four passed us if Keogh was still marshalling the defence, but he chose to let Cocu down badly and is down the road as a consequence. His current captain appears to be disinterested in sleeve rolling up, he’s no Dave McKay, that’s for sure. 

He’s also had the soft transfer embargo to deal with so I’m cutting him some slack for the time being. Does he “get” the Championship ? I’m not entirely convinced but hope he does. 

I certainly think he’s had the hardest job of all the managers since Mac 1.

6 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Next weeks team

Marshall

Wisdom Davies Clarke Forsyth

Shinnie Rooney

Jozwiak Sibley Knight

JHI

I think Byrne needs a run of games but agree that Bird could do with taking out of the team for a bit and maybe Sibley for Holmes as well. 

1 minute ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

If we sack cocu after 7 league games we’ve clearly not learned our lesson from the last 5-6 years. 

But in theory, if we lose the next four too, that would be 1 win in the 14 league games since we beat Preston on July 1st.

4 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Cocu has four games to save his job, I feel.

Forest away will be a classic ‘loser leaves town’ match between Lamouchi and Cocu.

Can we afford it though? We would have to pay him & his staff. And fork out for someone new & their staff. That’s quite a lot of millions there. 

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Add in pre season and all of the games after lockdown too.

We won 3 out of 3 post lockdown before our form dipped off did we not? And that slump was partly down to silly red cards and 3 match bans for waghorn and Lawrence in a period where 5 of our last 6 games were against the top 6. Bit harsh to include that. 
I’d also argue you can’t really judge a team or manager based on pre-season? 

27 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

Sorry completely disagree, didn’t build the Derby side (Did get them performing well though), was bank rolled at boro under our favorite chairman and then won in Dutch football (Cocu won too) the project he really needed to build, Newcastle, he failed miserably. In fact, whenever his teams nose dive, he can’t turn them round. There is a reason he has been sacked by us... twice!!!

Not that it really matters now but I think we made mistakes on both occasions we sacked Mclaren.

We just made Tony look a right tit

This weekend is a completely different challenge to the one we faced last weekend," the boss told iFollow Rovers ahead of the trip to Pride Park.

“Derby are a team that are well built at the back and have the likes of [Wayne] Rooney, [Louie] Sibley and a Polish boy who they’ve just spent around £3m on in the form of [Kamil] Jozwiak.

“They have some talent in their team and it’s a dangerous game, as they all are in this league.

“Nobody should get carried away with Derby’s start to this season, they’re still a powerhouse in this league with some highly paid players.

29 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

FWIW I think the criticism of Te Weirik is incredibly harsh. He as poor, but even so, I would argue he was probably the best player in the back 4 today. Wisdom, for example, was far far worse. In fact, he put in one of the worst performances I’ve seen since Cyrus Christie at Fulham a few years back. But for some reason Mike is the scapegoat. I think he looks a good footballing centre half who will probably do well when partnered with someone better in the air, ie Matt Clarke. Wisdom and Te Weirik is a partnership that should never be seen again. With a manager who has some idea how to organise a defence, I think he’ll be ok.

I don’t think a single one of the back four are exempt from criticism today 

big mike was terrible today but no more terrible than wisdom who was shocking, the full backs we’re pretty woeful defensively too 

26 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Clarke got loads of praise on his debut, and I can't remember him getting written off, more criticised for bad mistakes. 

I'll remind you.....debut was briliant against huddersfield i think it was then had a few indifferent games ending with him being dropped i think......it happened! people wrote him off...he came good and he was stepping up from league1 MTW has never played in England.....once you get into someone you never change your mind so no point  really ...think what you will pal 

11 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

When Rooney, the coach, go through the analysis with the rest of the management team, he may not like what he sees in the midfield area this season. The solution might be to bring in Holmes or Shinnie. 

He needs to have a look at himself. He might beWayne Rooney but he needs to earn his keep. 

Archived