Derby County v Blackburn Rovers

Mafiabob

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, DRBee said:

Or perhaps the manager doesn't know how to best use him !

The players are not exempt some of them were poor as p*** today Cocu isn’t blameless but nor are the players ..where wouid you play Wisdom then ? Not RB that’s for sure 

20 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Hahhahahahahahaha nope. Sorry. That excuse for MTW isn't going to wash. He's awful. He can't defend. In no country is that defending acceptable, he's just dog poo. I'm writing him off. We tried something, it didn't work. He's gotta go.

Haha pathetic mate he’s played well in Dutch league and was captain and after a couple of games he’s total cack lol he needs time to adjust before being fairly judged 

23 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Hahhahahahahahaha nope. Sorry. That excuse for MTW isn't going to wash. He's awful. He can't defend. In no country is that defending acceptable, he's just dog poo. I'm writing him off. We tried something, it didn't work. He's gotta go.

Both Tomori and Clarke started poorly for us ...I’m not saying Dutch mike will cut it but he can’t be fairly judged yet 

6 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I hate to say it but if Cocu was sacked tonight I’d be quite pleased. We’re getting worse, there’s no two ways about it. After the recent transfer dealings I had this wave of optimism come over me, but that’s been completely shattered with an abject display today. 

100% this. I wanted him to do so well and I don’t believe in getting rid of Managers over bad results. It’s the lack of desire, effort and what looks to be at times downright confusion of some of the players that gets me. They don’t look like they know what their jobs are. The financial implications of getting rid of Cocu are a worry but keeping him might be worse! Basically we are a right mess. 
I know there are positives (youngsters and some really good signings to come in). It’s just really hard to see them right now.

COYR

9 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I am so disappointed and angry about that performance that I can't even bring myself to waste the time typing out how I feel about it.

Not one player comes out of that with anything. Catastrophically clueless at the back, pedestrian in midfield and just nonexistent in attack. That was a truly unacceptable performance and the body language of all our players, especially our captain, was really troubling.

Something definitely needs to change after this and fast.

Well said, could not have put it better myself ?

15 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Are we due to play the littleover infant school XI soon then?

No, unless we have a behind closed doors friendly coming up that I know nothing about.

Watch out for littleover's little number 6, he's really little, plays for a little team, no little subs, no little parents allowed, but little number 6 will give it a proper go and give our midfield a right proper little test. Their Manager Sid Little assisted by Stuart Little the little mouse, will know that a little press against us will probably have Eddie Large results against us, but then again the majority of our fans forget that sometimes you have to have some little results before the big results come along.

A few new faces, when it clicks, we will leave the little behind, and go to the big places.

Up The Rams.......and I still love Philip Cocu.

What actually happened today? Did anyone watch it? (I’ve not read the thread!) 

I turned on radio Derby 5 mins in. After 9 mins Ed Dawes said if there were Derby fans in the stadium today, they’d be absolutely loving the start Derby have made. 2 mins later, they scored with their first shot. I left the room for a few mins and came back and we were 0-3 down?! Did we just crumble after the first goal went in or what? 

Very poor start to the season. I might get shot down for saying it after these results, but even on the back of today’s game, I don’t think we can fully judge Cocu until he has the transfer business finished and we have our key players back from injury, ie. Lawrence, Waghorn, Bielik and Holmes. If things aren’t coming together after a few games with our full strength squad then I’ll start to really worry. We just need to find a way of picking up some points until we have that full strength team. Even it’s ugly, dull as duck football, we just need some scrappy points on the board. 

30 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I honestly don't know what to say about that performance apart from thinking that Wayne might want to think about jet skiing and eating burgers full time now.

Ftfy

What is so frustrating is that every week on Rams TV Shane Nicholson goes on and criticises the players for not working hard enough (bang on assessment by the way). 

Given he's now on the coaching staff, why has this not been sorted? It doesn't take a tactical genius to figure that out. Do Cocu and the rest of the staff not see it? Does Nicholson tell the other coaches and they disregard it? Or do the players simply not take it on board?

Whatever it is there's something seriously wrong at the moment and you wonder what's seriously going to change it? When you have your experienced players, like Rooney, Te Wierik and Wisdom playing like dross, it's very hard to see how things improve.

Archived