Derby County v Blackburn Rovers

Mafiabob

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought we looked good for the first 5 mins then self destructed again. We are ourselves our toughest opposition as we make mistakes, create mistakes, invite mistakes and before we know it are out of the game again. Even defenders turning their bodies away, not to get struck by the ball, so the opposition score, same defender not moving when Holmes puts the ball in front of him and then when Marshall lumps a shocking pass to Rooney who heads it anywhere, again same defender Wisdom shows no effort to try and stop another mistake after mistake ending up with another goal.

I've just read a few posts above having a go at MTW, if anyone needs to have a go at anyone today it's Wisdom that will know himself hopefully, that a bag of tatties would have been more effective for us today.

We had some chances and did not take them, they took the chances that we gifted too them on a plate and missed the chances they created. Yes we are definitely our worst enemy and until we sign aggressive footballers we will remain powder puff, fragile and easy to press against. We need a mixture of playing football and getting in where it hurts to get out of the Championship but unfortunately we remain a weak footballing side, that other teams know how to exploit.

But I keep the faith and believe we will smash some team someday by playing the right way, gaining the confidence that scoring a goal and the more we will score by sticking together and knowing Wisdom and others will play better than they did today. 

Up The Rams.

Someone needs to tell Mr Potato head that the atkins diet means you don't have three rounds of fried bread and chips with your meat.

Totally fed up.

Fed up with the tactics, the players, the goals we conceed, the laboured cances, the not taking the chances we do get, the way i try to see the positives in everything.

Only good thing is there's no craig rammage.

like that's about the only positive.

5 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Get a grip you lot, we’re only 9 points off the automatic slots.

Can’t argue with that as a fact but I don’t think it’s unfair to expect the fan base to be as passive as that performance. Nothing wrong sometimes  in any industry lnowng your fans/customer/ clients aren’t happy with what your doing.

5 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Just about to do a poo. Don’t think it will be great but I am expecting more movement and desire than what I have just witnessed.

Senekot for that Rooney related blockage -who apparently has just walked from a Radio Derby interview, or passing round the defence and giving it away Cocu formulation to really give you the poops.

4 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Really pains me to say this but for the first time today, I lost a bit of confidence in Cocu.

One of my pet hates when listening to people finding excuses for defeat is bemoaning the ‘lack of passion’ but I’m afraid it accurately describes this Derby team. As an absolute basic a team needs to match the work rate of its opponents & defend with real intensity. Its then & only then that the quality you have will shine through.

If you look at Reading, Luton & Blackburn (and Barrow in the Cup), all worked much harder to press us than we did in return & all were absolute relentless in their desire to defend. Never allowing an easy cross, chasing/harassing a man in possession, competing for every second ball and if it meant taking a booking for a tactical foul, so be it. It’s the basics & the debates over style & formation are totally academic until we get this right. I don't know if its fitness, I don't know if its a tactical instruction to drop off but either way, its not acceptable.

No-one should have expected us to start like a train this season – with the amount of injuries & lack of attacking options it was always going to be a tough period. The logical thing therefore was to set up to be very hard to beat – stay compact without the ball, work hard & look to keep the ball for long periods when in possession. Instead, we look likely to be opened up at any opportunity & there for the taking week after week.

This needs to improve. Fast.

100% This  ^^^^

13 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It's too early to bin Cocu. However, if we do I hope to the many deities of every religion we don't get McLaren back. 

Been there (twice), done it. Move on. 

I think they'll want to see how he gets us through this tough run of October fixtures before making a decision. Lose them all (which doesn't look improbable) and he's gone. 

3 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I thought we looked good for the first 5 mins then self destructed again. We are ourselves our toughest opposition as we make mistakes, create mistakes, invite mistakes and before we know it are out of the game again. Even defenders turning their bodies away, not to get struck by the ball, so the opposition score, same defender not moving when Holmes puts the ball in front of him and then when Marshall lumps a shocking pass to Rooney who heads it anywhere, again same defender Wisdom shows no effort to try and stop another mistake after mistake ending up with another goal.

I've just read a few posts above having a go at MTW, if anyone needs to have a go at anyone today it's Wisdom that will know himself hopefully, that a bag of tatties would have been more effective for us today.

We had some chances and did not take them, they took the chances that we gifted too them on a plate and missed the chances they created. Yes we are definitely our worst enemy and until we sign aggressive footballers we will remain powder puff, fragile and easy to press against. We need a mixture of playing football and getting in where it hurts to get out of the Championship but unfortunately we remain a weak footballing side, that other teams know how to exploit.

But I keep the faith and believe we will smash some team someday by playing the right way, gaining the confidence that scoring a goal and the more we will score by sticking together and knowing Wisdom and others will play better than they did today. 

Up The Rams.

Are we due to play the littleover infant school XI soon then?

With the exception of Marshall my main gripe today was the performance of our experienced players; Rooney, Wisdom & Marriott. In the main the younger ones did OK particularly in the second half, although Bird could do with upping his work rate a tad. 

Mowbray has been at Blackburn for three years and it shows. They have a nicely balanced side that are working together. We have no centre forward and a defence that receives little protection.

Onwards and upwards!!

5 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Really pains me to say this but for the first time today, I lost a bit of confidence in Cocu.

One of my pet hates when listening to people finding excuses for defeat is bemoaning the ‘lack of passion’ but I’m afraid it accurately describes this Derby team. As an absolute basic a team needs to match the work rate of its opponents & defend with real intensity. Its then & only then that the quality you have will shine through.

If you look at Reading, Luton & Blackburn (and Barrow in the Cup), all worked much harder to press us than we did in return & all were absolute relentless in their desire to defend. Never allowing an easy cross, chasing/harassing a man in possession, competing for every second ball and if it meant taking a booking for a tactical foul, so be it. It’s the basics & the debates over style & formation are totally academic until we get this right. I don't know if its fitness, I don't know if its a tactical instruction to drop off but either way, its not acceptable.

No-one should have expected us to start like a train this season – with the amount of injuries & lack of attacking options it was always going to be a tough period. The logical thing therefore was to set up to be very hard to beat – stay compact without the ball, work hard & look to keep the ball for long periods when in possession. Instead, we look likely to be opened up at any opportunity & there for the taking week after week.

This needs to improve. Fast.

Totally agree 

im afraid I’m a little further down the line of loss of faith with cocu 

quite frankly im

not sure he has a clue as to What it takes in this league 

the bare minimums u quote above are totally correct and a the fundamental basics for any side hoping to compete or even survive in this league and it’s becoming evident week by week that cocus side lack a lot of those qualities in abundance.

One of the first things nigel Clough did when arrived Was bin off Martin alberstein and quoting I think it was ... he’s a centre half that doesn’t like to head the ball.... I’m seeing a lot of traits between him and Dutch mike 

Clough also spoke about defenders Having the desire to keep the ball out of the back of their net ... that’s why he drafted in the likes of shackell , bucko and barker ... defenders that liked to defend and throw their lives on the line for it 

we’ve gone so far the other way, all arty farty ok on the ball... but smack bang average at defending 

im seriously worried 

start of the season I wanted to stick by big Phil for the simplistic reason that I wanted a Derby manager to see a project through 

I’m still for that ... but not if I see such chronic lack of heart, desire and basic organisation 

today was an utter crap show in every way possible 

I am so disappointed and angry about that performance that I can't even bring myself to waste the time typing out how I feel about it.

Not one player comes out of that with anything. Catastrophically clueless at the back, pedestrian in midfield and just nonexistent in attack. That was a truly unacceptable performance and the body language of all our players, especially our captain, was really troubling.

Something definitely needs to change after this and fast.

37 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Rooney was a revelation when he started playing for us now he looks like he can't be arsed. 

Maybe you’ve all stopped imagining he was great?

Archived