Derby County v Blackburn Rovers

Mafiabob

5 minutes ago, S8TY said:

You whine whatever pal no matter what happens 

How is it whining or negative?

Look at the reality of the situation.

Everything I’ve said about Cocu, Rooney, and the club in general has ended up being true.

I would love to be positive but when you are losing 4-0 at home and making Blackburn look like the Brazil of the Championship, it’s a big ask.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Except its not 7 league games it’s 49 and still none of the players seem to understand what the game plan is. 

We, moved out 5 or 6 players brought in 5 new ones and are missing two guaranteed starters through injury. The first 11 we had today will not be our first 11 in 4 or 5 weeks time. 
Changing the manager every time you’re going through a rough patch whilst trying to build a team is not the answer. (We’ve been there before). 
Cocu’s remit is to have 3-4 academy products in the starting line up is it not? The very nature of that is sometimes they’ll be good, sometimes they’ll be pap. It comes with the territory. 
What we need is patience and a manager to be given a good 2-3 seasons to build his team

Just now, Jourdan said:

How is it whining or negative?

Look at the reality of the situation.

Everything I’ve said about Cocu, Rooney, and the club in general has ended up being true.

I would love to be positive but when you are losing 4-0 at home and making Blackburn look like the Brazil of the Championship, it’s a big ask.

Well done!!!! you moan about everything...every new signing!!...should keep players like Zoon!!...nothing is ever good enough for you mate ...we are all upset by today.....

7 minutes ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

We, moved out 5 or 6 players brought in 5 new ones and are missing two guaranteed starters through injury. The first 11 we had today will not be our first 11 in 4 or 5 weeks time. 
Changing the manager every time you’re going through a rough patch whilst trying to build a team is not the answer. (We’ve been there before). 
Cocu’s remit is to have 3-4 academy products in the starting line up is it not? The very nature of that is sometimes they’ll be good, sometimes they’ll be pap. It comes with the territory. 
What we need is patience and a manager to be given a good 2-3 seasons to build his team

The problem is that football is a results business and he won’t (and to be honest shouldn’t) be given another season and a half to change things if the football is going to be this bad. I understand the remit but no manager can survive results continuing like this. The thing is, we are talking about the likes of Lawrence, Waghorn and Bielik as if they have not played for Cocu yet and they are going to be the saviours of our season. They have all previously flattered to receive as part of a Cocu team, and have played in their fair share of crap games for him. I share your desire for stability but I just can’t see any green shoots of progression.

48 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

FWIW I think the criticism of Te Weirik is incredibly harsh. He as poor, but even so, I would argue he was probably the best player in the back 4 today. Wisdom, for example, was far far worse. In fact, he put in one of the worst performances I’ve seen since Cyrus Christie at Fulham a few years back. But for some reason Mike is the scapegoat. I think he looks a good footballing centre half who will probably do well when partnered with someone better in the air, ie Matt Clarke. Wisdom and Te Weirik is a partnership that should never be seen again. With a manager who has some idea how to organise a defence, I think he’ll be ok.

The best player in the back four? He was more than poor - didn't even get the basics of control and timing right. I seriously don't think he'll be ok and don't see a 'good footballing centre half'  

The only player to come out of this poo show with any credibility is Marshall.

The defence scares me to death when they have the ball at their feet, never mind when they don't have it and are asked to defend when the ball goes into the box.

The midfield which should be the engine room, the driving force to propel the team forward, isn't working. Bird, Knight and Sibley may be rising stars but without guidance of more experienced players around them I fear they are easily brushed aside by the opposition. Rooney has a mountain of experience but trying to guild so many young player on his own may be beyond him.

It wouldn't have made any difference if Marriott had been replaced with a world class striker today. Without an effective midfield supporting them, whoever is asked to form our attacking line up, will be completely none existent.

2 minutes ago, Jayram said:

The problem is that football is a results business and he won’t (and to be honest shouldn’t) be given another season and a half to change things if the football is going to be this bad. I understand the remit but no manager can survive results continuing like this. 

Fair point. But at this stage, it’s 3 games in to a new season isn’t it? If we’re still in the bottom 3 after 15 games and seeing no signs of improvement then maybe I’ll change my mind. I don’t think we will be though.

1 minute ago, Monty said:

The best player in the back four? He was more than poor - didn't even get the basics of control and timing right. I seriously don't think he'll be ok and don't see a 'good footballing centre half'  

I can't recall such a poor individual performance from a defender, he doesn't even look like he knows the basics of his role.

His body position looks all wrong to me, especially when he's coping with a forward running with the ball, he backs off and shows them outside, but does it in such a way that means he can't recover if they switch inside on him. 

Maybe it's nervous tension tying him in knots, but he's got to find a lot of improvement to even be average.

Just now, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

Fair point. But at this stage, it’s 3 games in to a new season isn’t it? If we’re still in the bottom 3 after 15 games and seeing no signs of improvement then maybe I’ll change my mind. I don’t think we will be though.

Fair point too. Time will tell. We're all trying to forecast the future. ?

6 minutes ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

I hope not Dean. I would love things to turn around and see us ‘click’ under Cocu but having seen us at Brentford and Reading last season I really couldn’t see what he was trying to achieve then and it stills feels the same now. 

Archived