Derby County v Blackburn Rovers

Mafiabob

Just seen some brief highlights on sky sports. Makes it look like we had some decent chances and had it not being for switching off for 5 mins in the first half when we looked all over the ship could have been a closer game? That being said we’d have had to score one of our chances which clearly we couldn’t!

Woeful pass from Rooney that sets up there 4th though

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Something has gone wrong since the run of undefeated games towards the end of last season and I haven't got a clue what it is.

Has Cocu lost the dressing room?

Have the players decided they don't like the way he sets the team up to play?

Are the players just not good enough?

Exactly this

4 hours ago, Jayram said:

The right person wouldn’t need to; he’d just get the best out of the decent players we have, something the current manager is consistently failing to do.

Can you be sure? 
For me to want Cocu gone I’d have to know that an incoming manager would continue with the project of developing and promoting our exciting youth whilst playing football that’s enjoyable to watch. 

Otherwise I’d take giving Cocu longer to turn things around. 

30 minutes ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

Just seen some brief highlights on sky sports. Makes it look like we had some decent chances and had it not being for switching off for 5 mins in the first half when we looked all over the ship could have been a closer game? That being said we’d have had to score one of our chances which clearly we couldn’t!

Switching off for 5 mins cost us the game. It is unforgivable though. One goal may be but Blackburn we out of sight on 15 minutes. It was gut wrenching to watch.

3 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

Switching off for 5 mins cost us the game. It is unforgivable though. One goal may be but Blackburn we out of sight on 15 minutes. It was gut wrenching to watch.

I can only imagine. I’ve only seen the highlights. We’ve still had 4 great chances to put the ball in the net, Bird’s cleared off the line, Sibley’s first half header, Jozwiak put through brilliantly by Rooney but curls it wide. And there’s a great ball in by Wisdom towards the end when the header was pretty much a sitter and should have been buried. Not sure who that was, Bird again? 

Think Eric Steele said “the defensive change was because Cocu still doesn’t know his best starting 11”. This happened all last season, he would change the selection, he would change the formation and he would change the tactics. Face it, by the time November comes we will be well and truly in the crap.

1 hour ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

Those highlights are clearly decieving......a bit like watching a concise history of the second world war and thinking Italy nearly nicked it.

11 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Those highlights are clearly decieving......a bit like watching a concise history of the second world war and thinking Italy nearly nicked it.

Haha! Yea, yea I know. Can’t possibly get a true reflection of the game from 3 minutes highlight reel. From reading all the posts on here, I’m glad I didn’t watch it!

Archived