Derby County v Blackburn Rovers

Mafiabob

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So,

ibe is 4/5 weeks away - never, 3 weeks of intense training and a game or two for the under 23s.

Cocu saying that Marriott wasn’t injured well that’s concerning.

cocu has also said he’s going to have a chat on Monday with the players - haven’t we heard that before?

rooney came out and questioned a few players and aimed a dig at sibley 

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Clarke got loads of praise on his debut, and I can't remember him getting written off, more criticised for bad mistakes. 

Yes he got praised on his debut and then it was all down hill from there. He was absolutely slated for several games and it was only towards the end of the year and the start of the next that he started to receive widespread praise again.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Perhaps there's a reason for that, can any of the players get what Cocu wants?

Roy, I just don’t know mate, I’m bereft of any explanation. On the bright side, I’ve just noticed West Brom are beating Chelsea 3 nil, so there’s a chance we might not have the worst result of the day.

19 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Cocu on the radio saying the players don't give a poop apart from Knight, who puts 100% even if he having a stinker.  Reckons the style we play is our way of playing - despite what my eyes clearly tell me- and we won't be changing.

Wow! Did he really say that?

3 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

look at that stats mate...Cocu won with a big team, McClaren didnt...I didnt mention Newcastle...its no coincidence that Middlesboro went down him after him and so have we.

We have not gone downhill because of Mac Leaving though, we went downhill because the club made really poor decisions with no coherent strategy. We are effectively starting again with Cocu in a similar position to Clough. Patience is needed. 

5 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Roy, I just don’t know mate, I’m bereft of any explanation. On the bright side, I’ve just noticed West Brom are beating Chelsea 3 nil, so there’s a chance we might not have the worst result of the day.

Yeah I'm amused by how much Lampard has spent. But it doesn't make me as happy as a Derby win would. Never really been sure about Cocu, don't think he gets what it takes to get 'outta here'!

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Wow! Did he really say that?

Yes. no effort to keep goals out, none to score them and the lack of effort at both ends results in them being crap all over the pitch players need to show effort even if they have a bad game as minimum like Knight who keeps going even if its not working .

Bit of deja vu from Pearson's interview after the Burton defeat where he said the team was ego driven and the players were nowhere a good as the thought they were and he wished he had eleven bryson's as effort was the minimum.

Don't know if we'll get a similar managerial outcome in a few games.

14 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

FWIW I think the criticism of Te Weirik is incredibly harsh. He as poor, but even so, I would argue he was probably the best player in the back 4 today. Wisdom, for example, was far far worse. In fact, he put in one of the worst performances I’ve seen since Cyrus Christie at Fulham a few years back. But for some reason Mike is the scapegoat. I think he looks a good footballing centre half who will probably do well when partnered with someone better in the air, ie Matt Clarke. Wisdom and Te Weirik is a partnership that should never be seen again. With a manager who has some idea how to organise a defence, I think he’ll be ok.

That Christie performance at Fulham a few years ago was shocking. Don’t think he found a Derby player that whole match.

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Yes. no effort to keep goals out, none to score them and the lack of effort at both ends results in them being crap all over the pitch players need to show effort even if they have a bad game as minimum like Knight who keeps going even if its not working .

Wow oh wow. Perhaps he should have sat them down in the centre circle at half-time?

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Bit of deja vu from Pearson's interview after the Burton defeat where he said the team was ego driven and the players were nowhere a good as the thought they were and he wished he had eleven bryson's as effort was the minimum.

Don't know if we'll get a similar managerial outcome in a few games.

God,I'd forgotten about that....

13 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

So,

ibe is 4/5 weeks away - never, 3 weeks of intense training and a game or two for the under 23s.

Cocu saying that Marriott wasn’t injured well that’s concerning.

cocu has also said he’s going to have a chat on Monday with the players - haven’t we heard that before?

rooney came out and questioned a few players and aimed a dig at sibley 

Interesting, can I ask where the Rooney interview is? Radio Derby? Would like to listen

Archived