Bobby Duncan went to sea,

All the way to It-aly;

He’s come back to Der-by

Bobby Bobby Duncan!

Bobby Duncan’s got the name,

To reach the top in this game,

He's now a Derby County fan,

Bobby Bobby Duncan

Glad to see you've downed your ale before the curfew!

17 minutes ago, Van Rammeister said:

To the tune of Bobby Shafto-

Bobby Duncan went to sea,

All the way to It-aly;

He’s come back to Der-by

Bobby Bobby Duncan!

Bobby Duncan’s got the name,

To reach the top in this game,

He's now a Derby County fan,

Bobby Bobby Duncan

Kinda scans to be fair.... But the Bonnie Bobby Shafto tune is kinda a bit, you know..dare I say.. camp? Definitely wouldn't get me pumped up as a player.. 

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

If he came through our academy he'd have been introduced to the first team along side Buchanan, Bird, Knight, Sibley and Whittaker. Depending on how quickly he settles and adapts to Championship football he could be anywhere on the scale of Whittaker to Bird for first team involvement (based on last season appearances). From what I've seen of Trialist and Duncan at youth level, I'd put the latter ahead of the former... although Trialist has earned the right to be given a chance.

It's clear he wants first team football. I don't think he'd have chosen to sign if he knew there would be 3 senior players ahead of him, as well as another U23 forward to battle for one position. However, it's possible that he's being brought in to compete for the role Sibley is playing - just off the CF.

Yeah I get what you are saying. One thing to keep in mind is both Waghorn and Mariott are out of contract after this season, so we could have told Duncan "settle in for year and you'll probably challenge next year". I only say that he doesn't look like he fits the exact mould are what we are after up front purely because we've been linked with buying a target man pretty much for Cocu's entire tenure. 

I'm interested to see how this plays out. 

1 hour ago, David said:

What have you based this on out of interest?

Seems maybe like a young Rooney, very confident, lots of ability. So many good players from Liverpool area. Ex Man City, Liverpool, Foreign team. Turned down professional contract at City apparently  32 goals and 23 assists in one season at U18. Watching his celebrations. Expecting to get in the first team. I am very excited about this signing. Hoping for a version of Owen or Fowler. He was called a wonder kid at one time, still only 19. Raring to go and to be given his chance. Quite a few of the best genius type players come across as a bit arrogant or cocky because they love the game and have so much natural talent. He has been called a natural goal scorer. Plenty of personality. Rooney had acres of ability and confidence at 17 and even younger. Just seems he could be one of our very best signings if it works out. He is my kind of player. Personality, confidence, ability. If Liverpool got £1.8 million and he had never played a league game, he looks something special to me. Anyone who can bang goals in will be a hero at Derby fairly quickly. Along with Ibe and Jozwiak he may get the goal scoring opportunities that he needs to show what he can do do. He scored a hat trick against Brazil. Many of the world's best players were very noticeable as teenagers. He has been in a  winning Youth Cup team. His goal celebrations show me that he seems to expect to score  I think he will go very far in the game. He has caps at U16, 17, 18 and 19. Most stand a reasonable chance of U21 and maybe higher. Hopefully his trip to Italy is just a blip. I have watched 1,000s of players and this guy seems special to me. No player looked more cocky and arrogant than Gazza. Not to say he was cocky or arrogant, he just had so much natural talent and he loved playing football. Only my very excited opinion. A few others on here think he may be a great signing. Time will tell. No offence intended. COYR

Archived