Bobby Duncan - Signed 3 year deal

BulloRams

2 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

I haven't read the whole thread and apologies if this has been alluded to.

Although this excites me as he has clearly the skill and vision and is a potential star. I just wonder why the likes of Liverpool and even more Fiorentina, are willing to let him go?

OK he left Liverpool supposedly under a cloud, what happened? who knows. 

He moves abroad and by all accounts is a star in the making. But Fiorentina want him off the wage bill!!!! strange.

Surely at his age he is the type of player you would want. Fairly cheap and can play???????

I just hope he isn't more trouble than an asset, 

I hope I am eating my words

Liverpool didn't want him to leave but he sort of forced it when Fiorentina showed interest which i'm led to beleive was initiated by his greedy agent who he has now dumped 

He went to Fiorentina but the reality was that he ended up in the under23s and because there were so many players in front of him ended up spending the season in the 23s.....not quite what he expected..

As a young lad i can see why he'd want to come back home especially in these difficult times , he has a new agent and hopefully we are signing him after seeing the right attitude at moor farm etc....He is a very good prospect and maybe Cocu will be very good for this young talented lad at this stage of his career so could be very good for both parties

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, S8TY said:

Liverpool didn't want him to leave but he sort of forced it when Fiorentina showed interest which i'm led to beleive was initiated by his greedy agent who he has now dumped 

He went to Fiorentina but the reality was that he ended up in the under23s and because there were so many players in front of him ended up spending the season in the 23s.....not quite what he expected..

As a young lad i can see why he'd want to come back home especially in these difficult times , he has a new agent and hopefully we are signing him after seeing the right attitude at moor farm etc....He is a very good prospect and maybe Cocu will be very good for this young talented lad at this stage of his career so could be very good for both parties

I think it says something about his ambition and character that he was prepared to go abroad to further his career at such a young age. Good for him, even if it didn't turn out the way he wanted it to.

7 minutes ago, Olton Ram said:

I think it says something about his ambition and character that he was prepared to go abroad to further his career at such a young age. Good for him, even if it didn't turn out the way he wanted it to.

I think he was ill advised by all accounts and probably wasn't the right move for him as he expected first team chances...the fact Fiorentina paid 1.8m says a lot really.

I do think we have pulled off a major coup getting this lad in...one thing he doesn't lack it appears is confidence and that is always good to see in a striker

5 minutes ago, S8TY said:

I think he was ill advised by all accounts and probably wasn't the right move for him as he expected first team chances...the fact Fiorentina paid 1.8m says a lot really.

I do think we have pulled off a major coup getting this lad in...one thing he doesn't lack it appears is confidence and that is always good to see in a striker

True, the fact that Fiorentina were prepared to pay that kind of money for a young player with limited first team appearances is a good indicator as to his potential.

38 minutes ago, S8TY said:

I certainly hope so.

3 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I remember the excitement when my school got a Commodore PET (1980ish) with attached tape drive - a year later we got 6 more!

Our school had moved onto BBC Micros by the mid-80s, and we had a ZX Spectrum at home. I preferred our Atari games console though. 

2 hours ago, Olton Ram said:

Or could show naivety, greed,immaturity and common sense not to be advised by the likes of Klopp

28 minutes ago, roboto said:

Watched some of his highlight videos this morning. His hold up play and control is excellent and he has scored a few headers as well. Not the tallest striker around, but he might be a better all rounder than we're expecting.

Always difficult to assess whether he will be as effective against burly championship defenders but yes, he has all the attributes. 

Just hope he is announced soon and that he hits the ground running. 

15 minutes ago, Olton Ram said:

Maybe, we'll have to see (if he joins), but he clearly wasn't well advised at the time, and hopefully he's learnt his lesson.

Agree ,certainly worth a punt a No risk / low risk signing with huge potential to benefit both parties

Archived