Bobby Duncan - Signed 3 year deal

BulloRams

1 hour ago, Olton Ram said:

Our school had moved onto BBC Micros by the mid-80s, and we had a ZX Spectrum at home. I preferred our Atari games console though. 

I loved our Speccy but we moved onto the 64 and never looked back ( I realise I was a traitor in the 80 computer wars, its OK if you want to ignore me :) ) anyway back to football, I thought this kid would've signed by now

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Nookiebear1 said:

I loved our Speccy but we moved onto the 64 and never looked back ( I realise I was a traitor in the 80 computer wars, its OK if you want to ignore me ? ) anyway back to football, I thought this kid would've signed by now

Considering that this has been rumbling on for a few days now it is a bit strange that there's been no news yet. Perhaps our interest has alerted other clubs to his availability and he now has other options to consider(?). We'll know one way or the other soon enough.

2 hours ago, Nookiebear1 said:

I loved our Speccy but we moved onto the 64 and never looked back ( I realise I was a traitor in the 80 computer wars, its OK if you want to ignore me :) ) anyway back to football, I thought this kid would've signed by now

Loved the 64....spent many wasted hours playing football management games on there...sometimes waiting half an hour  for the tape to load then realising it had run to the end and not loaded lol.....also sensible soccer on the pc in the 90's was a classic game 

Just now, S8TY said:

Will Duncan be presented as a big signing like a first team player or a signing for the under23s...I think it will be like a first team signing ....think this a big coup for us....good bit of business

Aleksandar Prijovic, dare I say even Rushian Hepburn-Murphy esque. 

It makes you wonder if they will try and sell this off as the striker we've been after to improve the team or whether this is a developmental player. I'd prefer the last, but I'd imagine there will be some investment in him and perhaps JHI will get a loan move. 

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It makes you wonder if they will try and sell this off as the striker we've been after to improve the team or whether this is a developmental player. I'd prefer the last, but I'd imagine there will be some investment in him and perhaps JHI will get a loan move. 

If Marriott is injured he even has a chance at involvement at the weekend, depending on fitness, with (I assume) JHI starting. 

8 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

That's kinda what I'm interested to see as it's hard to tell where he falls in terms of development right now. After all just because he wasn't good enough yet to play for Fiorentina doesn't mean it won't be the case with his, he might be ready to go in this league. 

The main thing that would suggest to me though he probably isn't the striker we are looking for as first choice though is he doesn't at first glance fit the profile of striker we've been looking at so far.

24 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

That's kinda what I'm interested to see as it's hard to tell where he falls in terms of development right now. After all just because he wasn't good enough yet to play for Fiorentina doesn't mean it won't be the case with his, he might be ready to go in this league. 

If he came through our academy he'd have been introduced to the first team along side Buchanan, Bird, Knight, Sibley and Whittaker. Depending on how quickly he settles and adapts to Championship football he could be anywhere on the scale of Whittaker to Bird for first team involvement (based on last season appearances). From what I've seen of Trialist and Duncan at youth level, I'd put the latter ahead of the former... although Trialist has earned the right to be given a chance.

24 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

The main thing that would suggest to me though he probably isn't the striker we are looking for as first choice though is he doesn't at first glance fit the profile of striker we've been looking at so far.

It's clear he wants first team football. I don't think he'd have chosen to sign if he knew there would be 3 senior players ahead of him, as well as another U23 forward to battle for one position. However, it's possible that he's being brought in to compete for the role Sibley is playing - just off the CF.

16 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

If he came through our academy he'd have been introduced to the first team along side Buchanan, Bird, Knight, Sibley and Whittaker. Depending on how quickly he settles and adapts to Championship football he could be anywhere on the scale of Whittaker to Bird for first team involvement (based on last season appearances). From what I've seen of Trialist and Duncan at youth level, I'd put the latter ahead of the former... although Trialist has earned the right to be given a chance.

It's clear he wants first team football. I don't think he'd have chosen to sign if he knew there would be 3 senior players ahead of him, as well as another U23 forward to battle for one position. However, it's possible that he's being brought in to compete for the role Sibley is playing - just off the CF.

Seems like a cocky, arrogant youth from Liverpool who thinks that he is the best and can score every time he has a chance. Let us hope that he is because that is exactly what we want and need. Bring it on Bobby, cult status awaits you. I remember Rooney snatching the ball off an experienced Man Utd player to take the free kick to get his first hat trick. Get to it, Bobby. Welcome to Derby.

Archived