Jordon Ibe - Signed on a 2 year deal

S8TY

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, jono said:

It’s a long shot for sure but the sentiments are spot on.

Tomori particularly .. I always felt that he lapped up the “you’ll never beat Tomori” .. if he follows another club you can bet it’s Derby 

Maybe, just maybe, in the twilight of his career, Kieron dowell might want to come back to the site of so many successes. 

Most people who love football have a real passion for it and if by some lucky chance you have a god given gift to be good it you would want play at the highest level you possibly can with the best players.

That passion although it may dim due to different circumstances and reasons but it will never truly be extinguished just like supporting your club. 

So when someone says they believe in you and want support and help give you a second chance to relive and revive your dreams surely you would grasped that with both hands.

I (maybe wrong) but I believe handled correctly Jordon will prove to be an excellent asset to the team and could quite possibly one of 'the' bargain signings of  this or any other season.

Here's hoping.

From his interview sounds like he's had quite a bit going on in his life which may go some way to explaining why he fell out of favour. I get the feeling Derby have offered him a lifeline, one he's really keen to take.   Get him fit, and keep him fit and we have a potential Cocu masterstroke.  We'll have the experience and fluidity up front of Waggy, Ibe,  Lawrence and Joz (who looked great at Luton b4 his injury)with the energy and desire of Sibley, Knight & Co behind.  Is this the start of the exciting times we've all been waiting for?? 

Exactly the kind of signings Derby should be making. Plays well then we either make a tidy profit or he becomes a key player for us. 

I'd like to think Mel has learnt his lesson around throwing money at signings and our transfer policy this year certainly seems to reflect that. 

I’ve seen the grumbles about 4-4-2 but if Jozwiak and Ibe both play and we have two central forwards that’s more 4-2-4!

Attack as our only form of defence.

We could have Marriott and Duncan at home and Lawrence and Waghorn away, with Davis alternating between the two.

6 hours ago, goldstar said:

Really pleased with this. I hope the club are giving him a mentor and sending him to regular therapy/counselling so he stays in a good place with his mental health,and i really hope when fit, he hits the ground running - for the team and his own happiness. 

Thing with mental health; these days you are trying to pander/satisfy/impress hundreds if not thousands of followers solely down to Social Media. 

I didn't have to do that in 1996. Life was great.  All I had to do was swerve the attentions of my parents & meet up with the same half dozen mates. 

We'd do well to remember that and offer some friendly advice to those swallowed up by the online frenzy of the modern world.

I'd hate to be 16-24 today. Being 16 in '96' was absolutely awesome.

51 minutes ago, IronRam 140.6 said:

Thing with mental health; these days you are trying to pander/satisfy/impress hundreds if not thousands of followers solely down to Social Media. 

I didn't have to do that in 1996. Life was great.  All I had to do was swerve the attentions of my parents & meet up with the same half dozen mates. 

We'd do well to remember that and offer some friendly advice to those swallowed up by the online frenzy of the modern world.

I'd hate to be 16-24 today. Being 16 in '96' was absolutely awesome.

Social media has done so much good but can also be detrimental at the same time. Is it any wonder people feel empty when they may get likes and compliments about their appearance on Instagram but at the end of a hard day when they're sat in their bedroom struggling to summon the energy to face the next day, they are all alone mentally and may have no one to share their feelings with. 

The fact that men account for a huge majority of suicides also tells me that the expectation to bottle up feelings and never express sadness and hurt, is an awful thing to do. 

Watching his interviews, i can see traces of depression (may be wrong here, just my opinion). He sounds monotone, speaks really slowly, no animation in his face and his eyes look sad like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders. I do hope this is a turning point for him. 

In this day and age of wanting everything instantly and not having time for boring stuff and feelings that aren't worthy of documenting on social media, it's okay not to be okay. 

5 hours ago, Brummie Steve said:

1971........Colin Todd

1975........ Charlie George

1995 ......Igor Stimac

1997... Paolo Wanchope

2020.... Jordon Ibe

Just a sample of our inspired signings.

(and that's on of the brilliant series of signings from Hector 1968 to Toddy!)

There's a few missing off this list

Namely Chris martin + Wayne roooooooney 

2 minutes ago, goldstar said:

Social media has done so much good but can also be detrimental at the same time. Is it any wonder people feel empty when they may get likes and compliments about their appearance on Instagram but at the end of a hard day when they're sat in their bedroom struggling to summon the energy to fave the day, they are all alone mentally and may have no one to share their feelings with. 

The fact that men account for a huge majority of suicides also tells me that the expectation to bottle up feelings and never express sadness and hurt, is an awful thing to do. 

Watching his interviews, i can see traces of depression (may be wrong here, just my opinion). He sounds monotone, speaks really slowly, no animation in his face and his eyes look sad like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders. I do hope this is a turning point for him. 

It's okay not to be okay. 

Well said

Archived