Jordon Ibe - Signed on a 2 year deal

S8TY

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, roboto said:

I'm not sure why they put his name backwards on the graphic? As a designer myself, I can't figure out why they did that unless they were going to give him the number 38 shirt or something, but that's Knight's number... I guess I'll just have to be mildly annoyed about this minor detail and enjoy the glorious attacking football we all expect for the rest of the season.

The graphics this season are shockingly bad. In the first case, They have chosen a font that's really difficult to read. And then use it backwards. I can't understand what they're thinking. 

This highlights a potential benefit to loaning players, along with the example with wisdom. You forge a relationship with a player early in their career, so in the long term it can pay dividends if they don’t quite make it at the super elite Man City / Liverpool levels, they will naturally gravitate back to a place where they had good times and good memories. 

you never know, give it a few years and Wilson, mount and tomori may end up back with us yet. 

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

poo defence? 

So that would be a new keeper who hasn’t done much wrong (perhaps partially to blame for the first Reading goal but, show me a player who makes zero mistakes throughout a game), Byrne who we all seem pretty impressed with and Clarke - returning player of the season.

Individually a defence can be decent such as the England defence against Iceland in 2016, but if as a unit like in that infamous game they let people have free headers, leave players unmarked and make it easy for the opposition to bully you physically like we have been doing then that is the sign of a poo defence to me. 

We may improve alot defensively as the season goes on, but for me the signs are worrying.  The two holders in front of the defence need to do more as well, that's where Bielik comes in and for me he should start over Bird once fully fit as he will make the team balance better. 

2 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

This highlights a potential benefit to loaning players, along with the example with wisdom. You forge a relationship with a player early in their career, so in the long term it can pay dividends if they don’t quite make it at the super elite Man City / Liverpool levels, they will naturally gravitate back to a place where they had good times and good memories. 

you never know, give it a few years and Wilson, mount and tomori may end up back with us yet. 

I highy doubt Mount will be back as he has world class potential, not sure on Tomori but maybe Wilson if we go up. 

3 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

The two holders in front of the defence need to do more as well, that's where Bielik comes in and for me he should start over Bird once fully fit as he will make the team balance better. 

I agree with this. Bird is better playing further forward like he did on Saturday, he played a big part in our goal. Let Bielik do the holding role

34 minutes ago, Patrick Rams said:

Crap defence?

Crap now but it will improve as the season goes on. They’ll benefit from more playing time and a more effective midfield/attack playing ahead of them.

The only perceived weakness in the defence, for me, is Te Wierik. He’s not started well but he’ll come good. He was captain at Groningen and that says to me he’s a model professional. He’s still adapting at the moment, which is fair because it’s a big change for him, but he’ll work hard to get up to speed and his experience tells me he’ll improve dramatically.

Even if he doesn’t improve, Wisdom and Clarke is a decent enough partnership for a top six team.

One of Forsyth/Buchanan or a mix of the two will also come good. We know what we have in Fozzy, I was saying on another thread that he’ll occasionally have a stinker but he’ll also string 7/8 games together where he’s absolutely solid. Cocu clearly like Buchanan enough to let Max Lowe go (for what we’re lead to believe is a fairly small fee compared to Bogle’s) and that’s enough for me.

Patience, I think we’re a striker away from being play-off calibre all over the pitch. 

I've been very excited by this signing and was delighted to see he had signed this morning...however.

I really am genuinely sorry for having any negative thoughts about this, but I've just watched his interview. Compared to the Jordon Ibe we had in 2014/15, he looks like he has just returned from a 10 month 18-30s trip to Beunos Aires. 

Surprises me that someone who has been trying to secure a contract with a club hasnt kept himself in shape. I can kinda see why we have only given a 2 year deal.

I hope and pray he really does grasp this chance with both hands, listens to everything the conditioning team ask him to do and we see him in October ready to take the championship by storm. On his day he can be the best player in the championship, let's hope we see that player.

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I've been very excited by this signing and was delighted to see he had signed this morning...however.

I really am genuinely sorry for having any negative thoughts about this, but I've just watched his interview. Compared to the Jordon Ibe we had in 2014/15, he looks like he has just returned from a 10 month 18-30s trip to Beunos Aires. 

Surprises me that someone who has been trying to secure a contract with a club hasnt kept himself in shape. I can kinda see why we have only given a 2 year deal.

I hope and pray he really does grasp this chance with both hands, listens to everything the conditioning team ask him to do and we see him in October ready to take the championship by storm. On his day he can be the best player in the championship, let's hope we see that player.

Excited for this signing , but i agree he does look a little bit out of shape

43 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

It’s a long shot for sure but the sentiments are spot on.

Tomori particularly .. I always felt that he lapped up the “you’ll never beat Tomori” .. if he follows another club you can bet it’s Derby 

1 hour ago, jimbobram said:

Imo we need left back as fozzy isnt good enough anymore and Buchanan is still developing, although there is talent there. 

However, if we can get the ball forward quickly we are going to be dangerous

One iffy game early on - so what he is more than good enough 

Archived