Jordon Ibe - Signed on a 2 year deal

S8TY

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

Very pleased with this move.

I hope he starts to enjoy his football again, horrible to hear how he's been over the last few years. It's a reminder that depression can hit anyone, it doesn't matter who you are, how old you are, what your job is or how much money you have, I think sometimes people forget that.

It’s a dreadful illness ?

Great to have Jordon back , sounds like he,s lost his way in his personal life for a few years , no one,s immune to it , rich , poor or inbetween , if we show him the love online ,  in town ,  and hopefully on a matchday , when the "old normal" comes back , there,s a great  player there at 24 , ready to fullfill that early potential we saw in 2014/15 , COYRs 

It's a big positive that the subject is even getting talked about so openly in this scenario, rather than us signing a 'bad apple who's done nothing for 5 years' as it would have been automatically seen just a few years ago when he would have been defined entirely by his incident with the shop front, followed by further abuse if he took time to settle in and didn't perform immediately, or looked unfit, with general mirth about why we bothered to sign him 

2 minutes ago, Coconut said:

It's a big positive that the subject is even getting talked about so openly in this scenario, rather than us signing a 'bad apple who's done nothing for 5 years' as it would have been automatically seen just a few years ago when he would have been defined entirely by his incident with the shop front, followed by further abuse if he took time to settle in and didn't perform immediately, or looked unfit, with general mirth about why we bothered to sign him 

Yep! Just look at the different approach towards Tom Lawrence, however, who also ran away from the scene of a car crash. He also had off field issues with the death of his mother but the social media lynch mob mentality really kicked in towards him and, like Jordan, he has to convince some Derby fans that those bad days are behind him.I wish them both well and hope their careers really take off again with us.

On 21/09/2020 at 20:06, RadioactiveWaste said:

Personallised number plates are always the signiture of an utter ******. I imagain most footballers have personal plates.

I'm not sure I'd go that far but they are certainly one of life's great mysteries to me, why do people have them? In case they've forgotten which car is theirs? I imagine people with fragile egos are drawn that way.....

4 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

I'm not sure I'd go that far but they are certainly one of life's great mysteries to me, why do people have them? In case they've forgotten which car is theirs? I imagine people with fragile egos are drawn that way.....

Is it any different to have a personalised mug or a nameplate on your workdesk? It's a symbol of comfort, I'd imagine a personalised number plate makes a car more unique to a person. 

5 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

My late grandfather used to own a family run haulage firm. When my cousin, sister and I were born he bought each one of us a personalised number plate with our names and put it on one of his trucks until we were old enough to drive, so mine is solely sentimental. Although, I appreciate that I am probably the exception to the rule.

15 hours ago, Rampage said:

Best thing for Jordon is to play well and he really encouraged by Derby fans. Pity that there are no crowds to watch and enjoy his play.

That is true. However, the other side of the coin is if he takes a little while to settle in and regain the ability we all know he’s got, the absence of a crowd could be a blessing. He just needs to stay off social media.

1 hour ago, ShoreRam said:

Or the wife buys them one for a birthday present. 

On 22/09/2020 at 22:30, nogbad van 50 said:

Yep! Just look at the different approach towards Tom Lawrence, however, who also ran away from the scene of a car crash. He also had off field issues with the death of his mother but the social media lynch mob mentality really kicked in towards him and, like Jordan, he has to convince some Derby fans that those bad days are behind him.I wish them both well and hope their careers really take off again with us.

I just want to watch Derby play exciting football. Not bothered about other issues. Jordon,  just enjoy playing football for the Rams. We just want to watch you enjoying playing for us.

I've not posted for a bit, because I tend to get carried away, but I can't stop myself here.

Kozwiak Lawrence Ibe is, on paper, absolutely as good as it gets in the Championship without parachute money and would be worth the ticket money on its own....err...you know, if we could actually go and watch them...

Please, please, please add a bit mobile striker and we will score enough to challenge. With the youngsters, Marriott and Waghorn, we will have the supporting cast.

If we can find a reliable combination in defence (not beyond the realsm of possibility) we could be in for another proper top 6 season, despite the bad start. COYR

10 hours ago, Needlesh said:

I've not posted for a bit, because I tend to get carried away, but I can't stop myself here.

Kozwiak Lawrence Ibe is, on paper, absolutely as good as it gets in the Championship without parachute money and would be worth the ticket money on its own....err...you know, if we could actually go and watch them...

Please, please, please add a bit mobile striker and we will score enough to challenge. With the youngsters, Marriott and Waghorn, we will have the supporting cast.

If we can find a reliable combination in defence (not beyond the realsm of possibility) we could be in for another proper top 6 season, despite the bad start. COYR

The problem with Marriott is he’s usually wearing one!?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived