Jordon Ibe - Signed on a 2 year deal

S8TY

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its going to take him a while to be fit, probably not till Watford game, but I think this is an excellent signing.

Theres a quality player in there, just seems like one of those that needs a bit of love of manager and fans.

Its a shame fans can't be there for games as I'm sure that would help.

I still worry we are amassing the worlds largest collection of right footed wingers who mostly play on the left, but I have faith in there flexibility and the clubs planning

10 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

Got a horrible feeling this will be followed by some breaking news that Kamil will have a lengthy injury lay off  ?

Can I politely request (on behalf of those of us actually feeling happy that we've signed Jordan) that if you get a similar feeling in future, you keep it to yourself?

9 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Its going to take him a while to be fit, probably not till Watford game, but I think this is an excellent signing.

Theres a quality player in there, just seems like one of those that needs a bit of love of manager and fans.

Its a shame fans can't be there for games as I'm sure that would help.

I still worry we are amassing the worlds largest collection of right footed wingers who mostly play on the left, but I have faith in there flexibility and the clubs planning

They can play in other positions as well though. If we have a front 4 of Lawrence, Jozwiak, Ibe and Waghorn how many different combinations could we see? The opposition isn't going to be able to prepare for all outcomes. And it will be able to change throughout the game. We could start with;

Ibe Lawrence Jozwiak

Waghorn

But that could then become;

Jozwiak Ibe Lawrence 

Waghorn 

Then;

Waghorn Jozwiak Ibe

Lawrence

You also have;

Lawrence Waghorn Jozwiak

Ibe

Not to mention that we also have Sibley, Knight and Marriott waiting to come on or start as well. 

1 minute ago, rynny said:

If we have a front 4 of Lawrence, Jozwiak, Ibe and Waghorn how many different combinations could we see? The opposition isn't going to be able to prepare for all outcomes. And it will be able to change throughout the game.

This is the most exciting thing about this move, in my opinion.

We now have a threatening forward line that is also fluid. Joz, Ibe and Lawrence can constantly interchange with one another throughout the game, switching wings, causing the opposition a headache.

This isn't something we've had for a very long time, if ever. Very exciting.

5 minutes ago, Jack Willow said:

Excellent piece of business. Personally, I find this the biggest signing in the last 15 years for the club. If he can find his form back again he'll tear apart this league.

Woah there, biggest signing in the last 15 years? Have you forgotten Ruben Zadvokich? ?

Archived