Jordon Ibe - Signed on a 2 year deal

S8TY

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I'm going to be gutted if we don't sign Ibe now.

At the end of his loan he was worth my season ticket money on his own.

I know:

a, he's had problems and might never be that player again

b, Cocu is far more dour than McClaren so might take away the excitement

c, he will probably get injured

But, I'm still refreshing every web page every 30 seconds in the hope that he's confirmed. Love that as a rather cynical 52 year old I can still get stupidly excited by a signing.

You bloody youngsters and your impatience!  Relx and trust in Barry. ?

Good thing about wide players and flair players are even if they aren't ready for 90 minutes of running, tracking back, following their fullback to help out, running the channels, high intensity sprint and dribbles, they can still have a potential impact for 20 mins off the bench and possibly win a game or grab a point.

He doesn't have to be ready for a full 90 mins to impact off the bench.

13 minutes ago, Topram said:

Good signing it’ll be a good 3/4 weeks till he’s in the starting line up you’d think

He's a 24 year old professional athlete, not Chris Martin... (puts tin hat on!)

He's been keeping himself fit so he can get the opportunity to find a new club. I'd expect him to be involved in one way or another this weekend. There's also the international break coming up, in which you'd hope we'd have some friendlies lined up so the players can get some more minutes against some decent opposition.

6 minutes ago, roboto said:

He's a 24 year old professional athlete, not Chris Martin... (puts tin hat on!)

He's been keeping himself fit so he can get the opportunity to find a new club. I'd expect him to be involved in one way or another this weekend. There's also the international break coming up, in which you'd hope we'd have some friendlies lined up so the players can get some more minutes against some decent opposition.

Give over, Chris martin was not unfit, just differently built... 

... I've been waiting for 48 pages to make this a Chris martin thread... 

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

More rotation, more fluidity. We've seen Whittaker, Knight and now Jozwiak switch sides in the middle of games. Ibe will be no different. Whilst those wingers switch wings, Lawrence may switch into the middle from time to time, with Sibley/Knight, moving from that central position onto the wing.

Ibe also played primarily on the right for Liverpool and Bournemouth

Also, Ibe originally started out as a striker and has stated his preferred position is probably in the no. 10 role so gives those potential 3 a licence to switch hopefully

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

More rotation, more fluidity. We've seen Whittaker, Knight and now Jozwiak switch sides in the middle of games. Ibe will be no different. Whilst those wingers switch wings, Lawrence may switch into the middle from time to time, with Sibley/Knight, moving from that central position onto the wing.

Ibe also played primarily on the right for Liverpool and Bournemouth

Hopefully 

his play for Liverpool and Bournemouth didn’t amount to many minutes in the league but hopefully things work better for us

Archived