Jordon Ibe - Signed on a 2 year deal

S8TY

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgive me if it's already been said, but the top two topics on the transfer forum are surely linked? I am hoping that Ibe has already been agreed and that it is just waiting on players going out. Hence, the announcement from Cocu about the need for Zoon to find a new club. Notice in his statement that he said positive things about Zoon in general. He wants to attract potential suitors, so has not said 'He has been a flop here'. I still think the club are being cautious with incomings. They expect the appeal to be quashed, but are thinking (just in case), 'Lets operate a bit like we are still under a soft embargo'.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that Zoon (or someone else not really cutting it) releases the pressure!

The centre forward position is by far the most pressing now.

We need a big guy urgently. We put over some lovely crosses against Luton and any competent striker with a bit of height would have put them in.

Not Marriott’s fault. Indeed when he’s fit again he might benefit from playing off a big man.

We need a big guy to put pressure on centre halves and also to help defend set pieces. We are a small team.

Can’t help thinking that Ibe is a luxury, a new CF is a must.

9 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

We need a big guy urgently. We put over some lovely crosses against Luton and any competent striker with a bit of height would have put them in.

Not Marriott’s fault. Indeed when he’s fit again he might benefit from playing off a big man.

We need a big guy to put pressure on centre halves and also to help defend set pieces. We are a small team.

I don’t think Ibe is a luxury! Yes we need a Striker, but Jason Knight was playing right wing again yesterday 

1 minute ago, deanoakaram4life said:

I don’t think Ibe is a luxury! Yes we need a Striker, but Jason Knight was playing right wing again yesterday 

And he did an excellent job second half. His link up play with Byrne was a real positive from yesterday's game.

32 minutes ago, Mazzaram said:

Forgive me if it's already been said, but the top two topics on the transfer forum are surely linked? I am hoping that Ibe has already been agreed and that it is just waiting on players going out. Hence, the announcement from Cocu about the need for Zoon to find a new club. Notice in his statement that he said positive things about Zoon in general. He wants to attract potential suitors, so has not said 'He has been a flop here'. I still think the club are being cautious with incomings. They expect the appeal to be quashed, but are thinking (just in case), 'Lets operate a bit like we are still under a soft embargo'.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that Zoon (or someone else not really cutting it) releases the pressure!

Cocu has said there is no need for someone to leave before someone else can come in. 

2 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Yes, but we have Byrne now to work with him to give him an outlet and put good crosses in. Yesterday Knight’s passes to him were often on the heavy side but that will come.

I’d rather have Jozwiak plus two more central strikers.

7 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Yes, but we have Byrne now to work with him to give him an outlet and put good crosses in. Yesterday Knight’s passes to him were often on the heavy side but that will come.

I’d rather have Jozwiak plus two more central strikers.

Do you think Jason Knight is a natural winger then? He’s doing a good job in there but we had him on one wing and Morgan Whittaker on the other at one point yesterday. 

When we played West Brom last year they had Dianganna, Phillips, Grosiki, and Robinson, all battling for the shirt. 

Jordan Ibe is available on a free and if the wages are right it’s an absolute no brained for me! 

5 hours ago, Chester40 said:

People on here post personal opinion of their own free will, and do so hidden behind a presumed identity that is often entirely fictional. 

I do agree with you sometimes people overstep the mark (and I will occasionally post to say that) and some people are more unnecessarily sarcastic /cutting than others. But that's totally personal taste and its up to the individual to make decisions to that effect. Everyone will have their own level /idea on what constitutes retort, banter, joking, teasing.

george clooney look GIF

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

That phrase is becoming depressingly familiar ?

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

We need a Peter Crouch type player 

1 hour ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Do you think Jason Knight is a natural winger then? He’s doing a good job in there but we had him on one wing and Morgan Whittaker on the other at one point yesterday. 

When we played West Brom last year they had Dianganna, Phillips, Grosiki, and Robinson, all battling for the shirt. 

Jordan Ibe is available on a free and if the wages are right it’s an absolute no brained for me! 

No!

Knight’s a midfield player who should focus more on late runs into the box. He has an eye for goal and by God we need that.

All I was trying to get across was that it’s all very well having wingers but you need someone in the middle to finish.

Byrne provides crosses from the right, Jozwiak from the left.

Until we get a proper CF wing play is just foreplay.

Archived