Jordon Ibe - Signed on a 2 year deal

S8TY

2 minutes ago, Ramslaar said:

That would be telling it's just rumour I'm sure no way I can say any other.as for his flair and goals I have to say he has never lived up to it.every season we say this is his season but I'm sorry he just doesn't produce.as for his price who knows what you would get but am I right in saying that he only has a year or so left so from an amortisation aspect it would make sense to sell him if in the background he has no intention of signing a new deal or we would be able to resign him.therefore selling him to recoup a fee would be the correct answer as I'm not sure cocu is his biggest fan.all guess work but food for thought I guess

Yea, sounds like guesswork to me ?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

2 years left iirc 

Might be the right time then while we can still get a good fee.he has only scored 22 in 106 games.thats poor for a winger of his ability.but I guess better than we have. Personally I'd have ibe over Lawrence.

If Lawrence was to go I think it would be more his decision than ours. From interviews ive seen with other players they say Lawrence is probably the teachers pet so Cocu clearly like him. But maybe after all the off field problems both with his family & the drink drive incident maybe he wants a fresh start. If someone like Bournemouth or Watford came in for him with their big money you wouldnt blame him for leaving. And I think we could easily get £8-10m for him.

Personally I'd keep him, would love to see him, Jozwiak & Ibe in a 3 off the striker.

Make of this what you will guys. My kids go to the same primary school as Michael Johnsons. He was talking to another parent and said that we are trying for Ibe and the other parent said the rumour is Vydra also. Michael responded would you be happy with that? Like I said make of it what you want. Does he still work for us or have dealings with us in some capacity. 

1 minute ago, Oliver_1987 said:

Make of this what you will guys. My kids go to the same primary school as Michael Johnsons. He was talking to another parent and said that we are trying for Ibe and the other parent said the rumour is Vydra also. Michael responded would you be happy with that? Like I said make of it what you want. Does he still work for us or have dealings with us in some capacity. 

Vydra is quality but to me doesn’t fit the profile of the type of striker Cocu wants...

3 minutes ago, Oliver_1987 said:

Yes he is still an ambassador

5 minutes ago, Oliver_1987 said:

You're gonna get him fired for letting all the cats out of the bag mate.

28 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Yes I believe he is - goal scorer 

Yeah you and @SaintRam are probably right to be fair 

I can perhaps see him going to a Southampton or something next summer if there’s no contract renewal 

He will be 27 then and may want a big pay day which we will be unable to provide in all likelihood 

I’ve arrived late to this thread so not very glued up on where things stand regarding Ibe and why Lawrence might go.

however, if Lawrence was sold for 8m let’s say, could Vydra be a replacement for the number 10 role. 3 behind the striker would be Jozwiak - Vydra - Ibe? Add to that a big striker like Lammers from PSV infront of them that front 4 would be amazing.

play Bielik and Bird/Rooney I’m behind and we have a good team. Sibley can rotate with Vydra? 

31 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Vydra is quality but to me doesn’t fit the profile of the type of striker Cocu wants...

Agree totally 

rowett said that vydra was better running at goal Having come onto it, not playing with his back to goal, contesting for it With a centre half 

say what u will about rowett but he certainly got the best out of vydra 

40 minutes ago, Oliver_1987 said:

So we now know who Barry Walsh is ?

17 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Agree totally 

rowett said that vydra was better running at goal Having come onto it, not playing with his back to goal, contesting for it With a centre half 

say what u will about rowett but he certainly got the best out of vydra 

Then gave him about 10 minutes over both playoff semi finals ?‍♂️ 

Not much worse than Bennett starting for us at Wembley. 

48 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

I’ve arrived late to this thread so not very glued up on where things stand regarding Ibe and why Lawrence might go.

however, if Lawrence was sold for 8m let’s say, could Vydra be a replacement for the number 10 role. 3 behind the striker would be Jozwiak - Vydra - Ibe? Add to that a big striker like Lammers from PSV infront of them that front 4 would be amazing.

play Bielik and Bird/Rooney I’m behind and we have a good team. Sibley can rotate with Vydra? 

Looks like you’ve found yourself self in a sticky situation!

Archived