Derby vs PNE Match Thread

RadioactiveWaste

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well; that second half performance wasn't actually bad. Once Shinnie went on that run the energy and desire was good.

Couldn't stop their 1st - and their 2nd was a gift from the ref who should be fined, frankly. He had a great view. 

That being said, I'm not too down about the fact we managed to not look completely pants while leaving a competition I think is a crock of poo. 

Preston probably deserve it on the balance of play, but absolutely robbed by an incompetent ref... as usual. Better second half from us to be fair, almost like we needed to be down to 10 men for us to actually try. Hopefully now we’ve at least scored a goal we will gain a bit of confidence.

We should be going further in the cup than the second round really, but we were against championship opposition, so I guess it’s not a disaster.

That second half was much, much better. We were much more lively, aggressive and looked like we wanted to be there. Not a lot we could do about their first goal, and the second goal wasn't a penalty. Funny how refs never get any punishment for their piss poor performances.

This game was a gift to Preston from the ref. MTW sees red, then their defender does the same to Whittaker and sees yellow, then Evans sees yellow from one of the best challenges I’ve ever seen, then Buchanan “concedes” a penalty by heading the ball. All this from the same poo ref who sent Max Lowe off at Luton last season. Is the ref related to Steve Gibson? As for the rest of the game, I thought Roos, Shinnie, Clarke and Knight did very well. If MTW is suspended for Saturday, I would prefer to see Davies partnering Clarke rather than Evans.

Just now, Van Gritters said:

We shouldn’t be losing players after going in front. Can’t blame the ref for a decision in time added on we should be winning these games comfortably.

Preston are about as good as us based on the league performance last season. We can't just expect to dispatch every team we face 3-0. 

Frustrating that was, thought we were alot better second half

Credit to Shinnie and Knight for showing something to drag the team up

Red was probably a red, misjudged by MTW but good attacking play to win the foul

I dont know what the ref is doing for the pen, or the lino for that matter? Surely he has clear line of site with the incident.

I suppose its at least a few less games, but we desperately need a win for confidence, suppose a goal will have to do for now

I thought we were much better than the previous two games. Not brilliant but better, especially second half. Poor decision for the pen. 

I thought Roos had a good game made some important stops & came out & caught crosses. Commanded the area. Fair play to him 

Archived