Derby vs PNE Match Thread

RadioactiveWaste

1 minute ago, JustOneChrissyMartin said:

Only heard it on the radio so what was the performance like? sounded like we improved second half.

Second half was OK. I'd say 'pretty good' but in truth its what we should be striving for as our most basic level with the only variance being improvements on it.

We conceded an unstoppable shot and a penalty for faceball. Not a lot to do. Obviously MTW's mistake in getting sent off contributed to the rest of the game, however, and we did have control of that. Defenders without a lot of speed should not be playing a high-line against a team willing to go route one with pacey attackers.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, neil62uk said:

Admitted  the Ref wasn't up to much ,but then again was either Derby or Preston .. can't keep blaming the Ref .. we have to look at ourselves  ..Cocu can only work with what he's got 

We can blame the ref when he gives a hand ball for a pen in the last min when it hits Buchanan in the face. That's kind of his job to recognise that.

2 minutes ago, JustOneChrissyMartin said:

Only heard it on the radio so what was the performance like? sounded like we improved second half.

1st half tried but were poo, PNE slightly less poo than us.

2nd half we were doing OK, MTW got sent of, we continued to be OK and were heading for a 1-1 and pens.

Then the ref gives a pen for a header. Goodbye league cup.

14 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Well that's us out of the League Cup thanks to a poo ref. Both teams should have had 10 men. Was never a penalty in a million years. Anyone would think the Football League had it in for us ?

I did say months ago if we beat the EFL against there claim we will get nothing this season,watch this space,referee a disgrace 

4 minutes ago, JustOneChrissyMartin said:

The improvement was greater physicality. We battled well but there was little in the way of good football.

So many misplaced passes. 

6 minutes ago, Andicis said:

We can blame the ref when he gives a hand ball for a pen in the last min when it hits Buchanan in the face. That's kind of his job to recognise that.

Of course  it's his job .... sadly over the season with Refs it's swings and roundabouts. ...tonight wasn't ours 

At least it was better than the Reading game, much more forward looking and aggressive.

Good breakaway for the goal. Knight deserved it.

Misjudgement by MTW for the sending off.

Shinnie played well.

And....Roos can catch!!

(Anyone notice, the cameras didn't swing around to show the subs and other observers)

It’s hard to be upset about being knocked out the cup, but it would’ve been nice to have a better performance. I just think we’re in a bit of a rut at the moment, difficult to see how we get out of it other than signing a few players and see them hit the ground running. 

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

To be honest,Eric Steele has it all on the head.

Static players,no inventiveness and concern about what's going on on the training field.

I appreciate that the second half was apparently better but if we can't score goals we won't win games,crap ref or not.

Presumably that's why we've been linked with bringing in so many wingers and strikers. I'd wait until their arrival and the subsequent performances before I'm even remotely concerned.

Good minutes in the legs for both Rooney and Wisdom. 

Ref had an agenda against us all night. Should have booked two of their players (Stockley and Fisher) first half let alone the card party in the second half. No problems with Te Weirik, but that tackle from Evans was great and how the referee and particularly the linesman thought that was a handball I will never know.

Good to see a bit more enthusiasm from the lads tonight. Roos was solid. More optimism for when we get the forward line back fit now.

PS Thank you in advance for my angry reaction, @RadioactiveWaste

Archived