Derby vs PNE Match Thread

RadioactiveWaste

Just now, lrm14 said:

Presumably that's why we've been linked with bringing in so many wingers and strikers. I'd wait until their arrival and the subsequent performances before I'm even remotely concerned.

I’m more concerned with the middle of the park. I think Huddlestone will be as big a miss as Martin could potentially be. Got no one who can calm it down and make a forward pass in there at the minute 

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

To be honest,Eric Steele has it all on the head.

Static players,no inventiveness and concern about what's going on on the training field.

I appreciate that the second half was apparently better but if we can't score goals we won't win games,crap ref or not.

Not being funny but if you didn't watch the game, your opinion doesn't mean much here...

2 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

Presumably that's why we've been linked with bringing in so many wingers and strikers. I'd wait until their arrival and the subsequent performances before I'm even remotely concerned.

You are very patient and I would love to be as unconcerned as you.

We have to wait until we get the new guys in but we have cut Cocu an awful lot of slack for a very long time for very little reward.

It's got to come good as we just haven't seen an upward swing in performance barring the period pre when we were a batch of the poorest teams in the division.

Ive been advocate of Cocu and his Dutch ways but nevertheless,I'm worried that it's all not going to go anywhere despite his good intentions.

Desperately hope it all comes good with the new additions.

6 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

I’m more concerned with the middle of the park. I think Huddlestone will be as big a miss as Martin could potentially be. Got no one who can calm it down and make a forward pass in there at the minute 

Because he’s up front. And the other didn’t play. Huddlestone leaving was 100% the right thing to do. 

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

Because he’s up front. And the other didn’t play. Huddlestone leaving was 100% the right thing to do. 

Why was Huddlestone the right thing to do? Seeing as Bielik is yet to be back - do you think Shinnie and Evans are upgrades for them?

Cos the way I see it - Bird will be burned out by Chrimbo if he has to play next to Shinnie

4 minutes ago, Coconut said:

The middle of the park is a concern, but Huddlestone is about 3 years past being the answer.

Do you really think Bird is learning more from Shinnie and/or Evans currently? Especially with Rooney not fully fit or Bieliek?

I know which id prefer he will learn from. Someone with a football brain 

2 minutes ago, Archied said:

At least you responded to being caught talking guff this time ,well done

Except, how's it talking guff when Te Wierik has been pretty bad in all games he's played for us? He clearly can't deal with balls over the top, which is why he keeps getting caught out of position. You gonna go off and claim there is a cult against Te Wierik now?

Pretty pathetic performance from us tonight. 

No incision, little invention and piss poor defending.

Against a distinctly second choice PNE Line up.

Shinnie forced us a goal through sheer willpower, but it was a rare piece of movement in an otherwise statuesque performance.

I want Cocu to succeed, I want it to all go smoothly and Rooney to tear the league apart, but six months on from him joining it's no closer to happening than last January, and I don't see it improving anytime soon.

I'm still hoping Cocu and co will improve the club, but it's based on faith and his rhetoric, rather than the evidence before my eyes.

1 minute ago, Mafiabob said:

Why was Huddlestone the right thing to do? Seeing as Bielik is yet to be back - do you think Shinnie and Evans are upgrades for them?

Cos the way I see it - Bird will be burned out by Chrimbo if he has to play next to Shinnie

Because Huddlestone is about as mobile as the Lambert Glacier.  You might as well stick one of these in the center circle. 

football-launcher-mains-powered-3651.png

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Because Huddlestone is about as mobile as the Lambert Glacier.  You might as well stick one of these in the center circle. 

football-launcher-mains-powered-3651.png

Missing the point. His brain moves faster and brighter than what we currently have..... not exactly mobile when you’ve got midfielders with no brains between them

A much improved performance in many ways IMO (thankfully, considering the last two games) - more desire, energy, commitment in the tackle etc. We were better going forward but still didn't look very threatening. 

The referee puzzled me. Much of what he did was fine including booking Buchanan for a stupid challenge in the first half and sending off Te Wierik in the second half after he had presumably lost concentration for a moment. However, throughout the match he awarded freekicks to the player who got to the ball fractionally before the other player challenging for it (correctly) until Evans won the ball on the half-way line and he ended up getting booked. The PNE end player was on a yellow so if the decision had gone the other way then they'd have been down to 10.

The penalty awarded was put away well but I'll just be kind and say they were rather fortunate to have it awarded (I wasn't quite so calm at the point it was given and received some stern words due to my loud and colourful language!). I don't think the ref will be happy when he watches it back as I suspect he will see that he made a clear error. At least I hope he does. If he thinks he got it right then he needs to be demoted.

I hope we have players coming back from injury soon and have fingers crossed for new signings too. COYR

Te Wierik will be fine.

He’s new to English football. He has played 3 competitive games. The disjointed pre-season won’t have helped, nor been conducive to making a fast start. He was playing at wing back half the time.

Let’s judge him this time next year. We didn’t expect Cocu to have the team playing like McClaren after three games, why do we expect Te Wierik to look like prime Keogh after the same time period?

He needs time to settle and build a genuine understanding with Marshall, Clarke, Byrne, Forsyth/Buchanan and the midfield in front of him.

Archived