Derby vs PNE Match Thread

RadioactiveWaste

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Do you seriously think there is any hope that a championship team will have a hope of winning the Carabao? None have for twenty years.

I’m not saying I’m happy we lost, I want us to win every game and would like us to have progressed much further but there was never a chance we’d actually win the competition.

Maybe any team outside the top few should just give up then as they will never win the top division or cup? 

7 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I'm a bit baffled by this and similar other comments. What's radically different in defending in the Dutch league then in the EFL? 

Te Wierik has only ever played in the Eredivisie.

We are obviously going to have to be patient.

Playing in a foreign league will always require some degree of adjustment.

If in 3, 6, or 12 months, he is still having issues, fair enough to single him out.

The pace, the intensity, the physicality, the directness of English football has stumped better players.

The whole team is struggling. I wouldn’t expect him to be a shining light right now. It’s not realistic.

11 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I didn't state any games pal, so I've no idea what you're talking about. I wasn't interested talking about it. You named one instance of a not completely negative comment, it was really boring. So I didn't reply. Just as I won't reply again after this. Yawn.

Your right you didn’t state the game number so I hold my hands up to that ,,, that’s how it’s done pal 

1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

If in 3, 6, or 12 months, he is still having issues, fair enough to single him out.

The pace, the intensity, the physicality, the directness of English football has stumped better players.

The whole team is struggling. I wouldn’t expect him to be a shining light right now. It’s not realistic.

What you've listed there are attributes of a defender not of the league he's playing in. I don't accept that there aren't any quick forwards in the Eredivisie by the same token I also don't accept that the forwards don't make physical challenges. This is all about the art of defending not about the league you happen to be playing in. 

If he's not match fit then I can accept that, what concerns me more is that he is totally one paced and playing alongside Clarke who is also totally one paced is not a great set up. 

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

What you've listed there are attributes of a defender not of the league he's playing in. I don't accept that there aren't any quick forwards in the Eredivisie by the same token I also don't accept that the forwards don't make physical challenges. This is all about the art of defending not about the league you happen to be playing in. 

If he's not match fit then I can accept that, what concerns me more is that he is totally one paced and playing alongside Clarke who is also totally one paced is not a great set up. 

Let’s see if and how it develops.

Three games is way too soon to be concerned about a new signing who has come into a struggling and unsettled team.

I don’t know if Te Wierik will be the defensive rock we are looking for, but I think we have bigger concerns right now.

16 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Absolutely agree.

We have to believe that we haven't signed another Bjorn Otto Bragstad, we really do ?

3 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Let’s see if and how it develops.

Three games is way too soon to be concerned about a new signing who has come into a struggling and unsettled team.

I don’t know if Te Wierik will be the defensive rock we are looking for, but I think we have bigger concerns right now.

Bigger concerns then having a centre half who is totally pedestrian, got sent off tonight and got a new bum hole ripped for him by Readings forwards at the weekend? We must have serious problems then.

4 minutes ago, Longeatonram2020 said:

Christ, are we actually criticising Cocu here for not winning the League Cup? 

Not too bothered about the League Cup. All I want is to see a very good team being put together that can get out of the Championship, with 100% effort and some great performances and goals I can remember for years. The dreary build up, to me to you style has to go.

The prospective new signings and Bielik, Lawrence, Waghorn, Holmes and Byrne in the team should transform us. If not I’m worried.

6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Thats was never ever penilty and was never sending off Derby were robbied.

How was it not a red card? Last man, wrong side, as clear as they come. Take the rose tinted specs off.

Didn’t look like a pen - but the ref is guessing and that makes me angry.

He was poor at Luton away, he was poor tonight. Whistle friendly ‘look at me’ type referee.

Preston are the team that I benchmark us by.

they usually compete to finish in the play offs, they play decent football and have some good players. They also don’t spend silly money and have no ffp issues. A couple of seasons back they outclassed us in a 0-0 at their place. We certainly have no divine right right to beat them. Games with Preston are usually pretty tight.

The first half was pretty even. Few chances. The positive was that the endless passing around at the back was eliminated.
We know that wide midfield is not the natural position for knight, but he came in-field, producing a battling performance and was rewarded with a goal in the second half.
Te weirik got in a mess with a long ball and ended up with a red card. after the sending off we were forced to sit back and defend. Preston showed the quality they possess with a great shot. the ball kept being delivered into our box and eventually Preston got the benefit. a penalty decision was the difference.

no panic. 
we know that the squad is thin. Address that. Preferably without silly spending and then we will take stock.

3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

How was it not a red card? Last man, wrong side, as clear as they come. Take the rose tinted specs off.

Didn’t look like a pen - but the ref is guessing and that makes me angry.

He was poor at Luton away, he was poor tonight. Whistle friendly ‘look at me’ type referee.

Was this him ??

09E3427F-3740-4B4A-8C7E-1260BC593B8D.gif

5 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Yeh, but no way could Wimbledon ever beat the mighty Liverpool in the FA Cup Final.

Apart from that time they did.

And no way that tiny little Wigan could beat Megabucks Owned-By a Country Manchester City in the FA Cup Final.           Apart from that time they did.

42 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Seen any teams that were in the second tier at the time win it? 

He wouldn't have to be that old to have seen it happen. Haven't seen it myself since the last time it happened was in 1991 about 8 days before i was born.

Completely different ball game now though - the gap is gigantic. Only teams that find a way round ffp are ever really going to stand a chance these days.

2 minutes ago, Patrick Rams said:

And no way that tiny little Wigan could beat Megabucks Owned-By a Country Manchester City in the FA Cup Final.           Apart from that time they did.

Wigan were in the Premier League earning tens of millions themselves at the time. They certainly weren't some plucky underdog from the lower league. Its no comparison to the position we find ourselves in.

Archived