Derby vs PNE Match Thread

RadioactiveWaste

6 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

It’s another chance to win some silverware. We have never won it, and it’s considered a major trophy. 

Do you seriously think there is any hope that a championship team will have a hope of winning the Carabao? None have for twenty years.

I’m not saying I’m happy we lost, I want us to win every game and would like us to have progressed much further but there was never a chance we’d actually win the competition.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Except, how's it talking guff when Te Wierik has been pretty bad in all games he's played for us? He clearly can't deal with balls over the top, which is why he keeps getting caught out of position. You gonna go off and claim there is a cult against Te Wierik now?

Clarke and Tomori both struggled in similar circumstances when they first joined. How did those loans turn out in the end?

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Clarke and Tomori both struggled in similar circumstances when they first joined. How did those loans turn out in the end?

I'm not saying he can't be good. I'm saying for the time being (enforced anyway due to the red) I'd prefer to see Wisdom CB until Te Wierik's positioning improves. 

10 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

It’s another chance to win some silverware. We have never won it, and it’s considered a major trophy. 

You are aware that you support Derby County, right? There is about as much chance of me growing a second head as there is of us winning any of the cup competitions. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

I'm not saying he can't be good. I'm saying for the time being (enforced anyway due to the red) I'd prefer to see Wisdom CB until Te Wierik's positioning improves. 

Wisdom should be able to stake a claim for a CB place in the Luton match. Also, might not too be long before Cocu has to rethink as to whether the playing out from the back / possession game is going to work in the Ch'ship with the players we have. 

9 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Te Wierik will be fine.

He’s new to English football. He has played 3 competitive games. The disjointed pre-season won’t have helped, nor been conducive to making a fast start. He was playing at wing back half the time.

Let’s judge him this time next year. We didn’t expect Cocu to have the team playing like McClaren after three games, why do we expect Te Wierik to look like prime Keogh after the same time period?

He needs time to settle and build a genuine understanding with Marshall, Clarke, Byrne, Forsyth/Buchanan and the midfield in front of him.

I'm a bit baffled by this and similar other comments. What's radically different in defending in the Dutch league then in the EFL? 

No creativity but not surprising as we have no creative players fit. 

Some of these players will fall by the wayside as players return from injuries and signings settle in.

We seem to be signing players and in the right areas. 

Good battling display in the second half.

Ref knobbed us big style.

Onwards and upwards. 

8 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Out of interest,archied as you tend to be quiet about performances,what was your opinion of ours?

(as another poster pointed out,I didn't see it,so I have no opinion if it other than vicariously through everyone else's)

Didn’t get to see it as rams tv performance was non existent so money down the drain and hard to have a real opinion on it ,did see the reading game and thought we were very poor , as I stated in a post recently I don’t know if cocu will be successful with us or not and I’m just the same as a lot of football fans in that poor performance pxsses me off and my first reaction is to think get shot of the manager that’s why I resist and stay quite for the most part because when I calm down and look through balanced eyes I don’t think we can fairly judge anybody managing Derby based on the last year or so , I’m far from certain cocu will cut it but I am certain it’s near impossible to say  he can’t / won’t on his time so far 

hope that makes sense

My thoughts for what they are worth:-

Roos - Great tonight. Some good saves and finally made his size count when coming out and claiming crosses. Some hit and miss distribution otherwise a near faultless performance 

Wisdom - Not sure he looks comfortable at right back. Unforced errors again. Hope he reverts to CB if MTW is suspended 

Te Wierik - Been a tough start for him. Thought the sending off was maybe a little harsh but for the second time in 3 days he has been caught out by a hopeful punt down the middle

Clarke - Defended ok. Doesnt offer much in terms of starting moves, in so much that he pretty much always plays the safe ball. Sometimes gets caught out messing with the ball

Buchanan - Hoped he would offer a bit more attacking threat than Forsyth, he didn't. Very unlucky with the penalty. 

Evans - Cant remember seeing him other than the booking which was an awful decision

Shinnie - Lots of energy and was involved in most good things we did

Knight - Feel as though he is wasted out wide. Has the feel of a box to box midfielder.

Whittaker - One decent run at their defence which should have resulted in a red card based on MTW being sent off. Other than that technically poor and physically weak

Sibley - Pretty much anonymous again. We need to either give him service or take him out of the team before he starts becoming demoralised and getting himself suspended. He is a red card waiting to happen at the moment

Rooney - Tin hat on here but he has lost his passion. Doesn't chase anything. Wasted numerous set pieces. Just occasional glimpses of what he can do. 

First half no better than anything we have seen so far. Second half an improvement but even still yielded 1 shot on target?

Special mention for the referee, that was as a poor a display as you will see all season hopefully. Would love to see how many times he stopped the game tonight.

Some of his highlights:-

Sending off MTW but only booking their player for a pretty similar situation 

Stopping the game with their defender facing his own goal line and giving them a drop ball which ended up with the ball being punted deep into our half

Booking Evans for a great challenge where their player actually clattered into him

Awarding a penalty when the ball hit Buchanan in the face or on the shoulder

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

My thoughts for what they are worth:-

Roos - Great tonight. Some good saves and finally made his size count when coming out and claiming crosses. Some hit and miss distribution otherwise a near faultless performance 

Wisdom - Not sure he looks comfortable at right back. Unforced errors again. Hope he reverts to CB if MTW is suspended 

Te Wierik - Been a tough start for him. Thought the sending off was maybe a little harsh but for the second time in 3 days he has been caught out by a hopeful punt down the middle

Clarke - Defended ok. Doesnt offer much in terms of starting moves, in so much that he pretty much always plays the safe ball. Sometimes gets caught out messing with the ball

Buchanan - Hoped he would offer a bit more attacking threat than Forsyth, he didn't. Very unlucky with the penalty. 

Evans - Cant remember seeing him other than the booking which was an awful decision

Shinnie - Lots of energy and was involved in most good things we did

Knight - Feel as though he is wasted out wide. Has the feel of a box to box midfielder.

Whittaker - One decent run at their defence which should have resulted in a red card based on MTW being sent off. Other than that technically poor and physically weak

Sibley - Pretty much anonymous again. We need to either give him service or take him out of the team before he starts becoming demoralised and getting himself suspended. He is a red card waiting to happen at the moment

Rooney - Tin hat on here but he has lost his passion. Doesn't chase anything. Wasted numerous set pieces. Just occasional glimpses of what he can do. 

First half no better than anything we have seen so far. Second half an improvement but even still yielded 1 shot on target?

Special mention for the referee, that was as a poor a display as you will see all season hopefully. Would love to see how many times he stopped the game tonight.

Some of his highlights:-

Sending off MTW but only booking their player for a pretty similar situation 

Stopping the game with their defender facing his own goal line and giving them a drop ball which ended up with the ball being punted deep into our half

Booking Evans for a great challenge where their player actually clattered into him

Awarding a penalty when the ball hit Buchanan in the face or on the shoulder

Nice to see you back

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Seen any teams that were in the second tier at the time win it? 

Last one was Sheffield Wednesday in 1991 but I suspect the gap in quality between the premier league (in particular the top six) and the Championship is far bigger now so, it ain’t gonna happen again anytime soon.

23 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Except, how's it talking guff when Te Wierik has been pretty bad in all games he's played for us? He clearly can't deal with balls over the top, which is why he keeps getting caught out of position. You gonna go off and claim there is a cult against Te Wierik now?

Except he hasn’t played the games you state , bit like you told me everything I post re Martin is negative then disappear when I post something that clearly shows your wrong but hey if you struggle to be wrong and hold your hands up fair play?

Just now, Archied said:

Except he hasn’t played the games you state , bit like you told me everything I post re Martin is negative then disappear when I post something that clearly shows your wrong but hey if you struggle to be wrong and hold your hands up fair play?

I didn't state any games pal, so I've no idea what you're talking about. I wasn't interested talking about it. You named one instance of a not completely negative comment, it was really boring. So I didn't reply. Just as I won't reply again after this. Yawn.

30 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Do you really think Bird is learning more from Shinnie and/or Evans currently? Especially with Rooney not fully fit or Bieliek?

I know which id prefer he will learn from. Someone with a football brain 

You can't just keep paying someone the wages he was likely on based on the knowledge/experience they could pass on if they're no longer capable of putting in a good enough performance on the pitch though.

He'd also just spent a lot of time out injured 

We tried to negotiate a new deal for him, but it couldn't be done, the balance couldn't be found. Same as Martin, we offered him what we thought was right taking into consideration multiple factors including how much game time he was likely to receive.

27 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Not sure if there’s a time limit on earning cult status ,but I suppose somebody has to make a start no matter how early?

Archived