Derby vs PNE Match Thread

RadioactiveWaste

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I think he's done OK so far tbh for his first 3 games in England. 

That was a bit clumsy but he wasn't trying to challenge the player, the attacker was just faster and came across him.

Meanwhile, decent save from Roos even though the shot was straight at him.

I thought Te Weirik looked better tonight until the sending off.

Just now, RamsFan10 said:

Not writing MTW off yet. He’s not been great in the games he’s played so far but it’ll take him time to acclimatise to English football. 

I'm not writing him off either - but thus far he's looked sort of . . .anodyne is the word that pops up into the lexicon. 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

He's talked a lot about basically never dealing with long balls and route-one football in the Netherlands.

All the errors I've seen of him have come from such play - that will improve over time as he familiarizes himself with the style of play here.

So our manager who appears to still be struggling with championship tactics has brought in someone who has no idea ho to cope with championship tactics, paint me surprised

2 minutes ago, 1961ram said:

I would never want Derby to lose but this Mickey mouse cup is just a chance to pick up injuries and suspensions and worn out players. We stand no chance of winning it and won't make any money. If we went out I wouldn't give a monkeys

Disagree, a cup run can be huge for morale, something we desperately need right now. In fact, a win is something we desperately need right now, why throw away the chance at a win which may lead to better football + results? 

I said the other day that Shinnie is a great horse for some courses, this is one of those courses. He's doing brilliantly in this second half after a lackluster first. 

Archived