Derby vs PNE Match Thread

RadioactiveWaste

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Coconut said:

Exactly the sort of oft-repeated statement the "unacceptable" thread was created on the back of. It simply isn't true that what we're seeing is what he wants.

We've even been caught out a couple of times by long balls over the defenders because we're consciously trying to play with a  higher line this season.

How many times did Rooney beckon us forward, how many times did our coaching staff shout at the team to push up? I heard it constantly. 

Reminds me a bit of when we were under Nigel Clough, whenever we were leading for the final 10 minutes we had 10 players defending at the 18 yard box. In interviews Clough insisted that wasn’t what he wanted us to do, but it’s just a habit they couldn’t help themselves dropping in to. 

Maybe it’s similar here? Evans and Shinnie (for example) by default would play deep as that’s what they’ve done through their careers, the younger players will likely follow the experienced players lead. 

37 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

I would say it’s possible since teams play much weaker sides, obviously not the final rounds. My general point is an outward frustration we haven’t challenged more seriously for any cups over the years. We fielded a good team yesterday and Lampard selected strong sides in the cups. Apart from that we have done like all teams and played weaker starting 11s. I remember Leicester winning it twice, beating Tranmere in the final once too and taking advantage of other teams not bothering. Think this is still the case until the later rounds. 
In the last 20 years, finalists have included Swansea, Wigan, Birmingham, Bradford, Blackburn so I would say it’s not inconceivable a team like Derby could win it. Certainly more likely than Leicester winning the Premier League ! 

We’re still slagging off Cocu for not winning a cup? God help us. If we won the league cup and got knocked out in the first match in Europe some folk would be calling for his head. 

Leicester winning the Premier League and Wigan winning the FA cup will be talked about as long as I live, they were literally miracles in football and come about once a decade. 

3 minutes ago, Longeatonram2020 said:

We’re still slagging off Cocu for not winning a cup? God help us. If we won the league cup and got knocked out in the first match in Europe some folk would be calling for his head. 

Leicester winning the Premier League and Wigan winning the FA cup will be talked about as long as I live, they were literally miracles in football and come about once a decade. 

Who is slagging off Cocu? 

1 hour ago, Longeatonram2020 said:

Hysterical. As @Alpha has posted in another thread, with Cocu's current record of 1.4 points pg with his side having scored 1.3 goals pg the levels of tolerance have been remarkably high quite honestly.

7 hours ago, Ambitious said:

The most damning thing about the penalty call for handball was that due to the rule change then there is absolutely no way he could've misconstrued that for handball at all. The ball now has to be below the armpit. 

We've been hosed plain and simple. Ref either wanted to get away early and saw that as his chance. A conspiracy theorist would go one more and mention the EFL. I'm not going to, of course. 

I'm just putting it out there that absolutely nobody, with the rule change in mind (or even before that but especially now), could give that decision without an ulterior motive. 

Yes, even if it touched his shoulder, the new "tee shirt sleeve" rule should have prevented a penalty.  We should have shirts with longer sleeves ?

8 hours ago, Ambitious said:

The most damning thing about the penalty call ........The ball now has to be below the armpit. 

Everyone’s balls are below their armpits. 

7 hours ago, Premier ram said:

Shocked at how bad the ref was last night , then when Cocu mentioned in his interview that we had the same ref for Luton away last season i was not shocked anymore , he was an absolute idiot that game as well

Ok the ref was poor on the night, but so were the Rams. 

23 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Thats was never ever penilty and was never sending off Derby were robbied.

I sometimes despair of my fellow posters.  Not one of you acted on the open invitation to do the following...

<STARTS>

She has a lot to answer for B4...

image.png.4bf9beb691eac7883795557f8fd66e80.png

<ENDS>

Shame on the lot of you.  Even Trampie is disappointed in you.  And he hasn't even seen 'The Wolf of Wall Street'!

11 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

I sometimes despair of my fellow posters.  Not one of you acted on the open invitation to do the following...

<STARTS>

<ENDS>

Shame on the lot of you.  Even Trampie is disappointed in you.  And he hasn't even seen 'The Wolf of Wall Street'!

We were robbied, it was a...

...savage decision

Robbie-Savage-celebrates-Derby-Countys-F

10 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

<STARTS>

<ENDS>

Only just watched that film...superb

(i know,I know I don’t know how I didn’t see it before)

Archived