Leeds United Premier League Adventures

Day

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

6 hours ago, Premier ram said:

Its all the overhype and back where they belong and Bielsa is a genius that gets me , if he was that much of a genius he would of closed the game down at 3-3 and got a point

Almost getting a point against one of the most expensive squads ever assembled that were champions of England last year with a team that is largely unchanged from its Championship squad is fairly impressive if you ask me. If they carry that kind of performance on all season (unlikely i know) it will be an outstanding achievement.

40 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Almost getting a point against one of the most expensive squads ever assembled that were champions of England last year with a team that is largely unchanged from its Championship squad is fairly impressive if you ask me. If they carry that kind of performance on all season (unlikely i know) it will be an outstanding achievement.

Absolutely. If they can loose every game 4-3, it would be an absolutely incredible achievement. 

sadly, they won’t. I can see them conceding 4 every game, but I can’t see them scoring 3 every game. 

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

Absolutely. If they can loose every game 4-3, it would be an absolutely incredible achievement. 

sadly, they won’t. I can see them conceding 4 every game, but I can’t see them scoring 3 every game. 

I knew someone would try to make this joke, so I tried to prevent it, but looks like I failed. Not every team is going to be the Premier League Champions. If Leeds play like they did against Liverpool for the entire season without running out of gas again then they will stay up comfortably.

Leeds started the previous 2 seasons exceptionally well. They slowed down a bit after 5/6 games, then completely crumbled after Christmas. In 18/19, out of their last 6 games of the season they won 1 (1-0 vs us), drew 1 (1-1 vs Villa by cheating) and lost the other 4.

In a normal Premier League season, they would probably do very well. But, this will be a condensed season, meaning they don't have the time required to recover in between games. I wouldn't bet against them being top 6 by the end of October, before falling into a relegation scrap in the New Year.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Leeds started the previous 2 seasons exceptionally well. They slowed down a bit after 5/6 games, then completely crumbled after Christmas. In 18/19, out of their last 6 games of the season they won 1 (1-0 vs us), drew 1 (1-1 vs Villa by cheating) and lost the other 4.

In a normal Premier League season, they would probably do very well. But, this will be a condensed season, meaning they don't have the time required to recover in between games. I wouldn't bet against them being top 6 by the end of October, before falling into a relegation scrap in the New Year.

In all seriousness, my prediction might not be too far off. The premier league are tougher opposition. They might go at it with the same ferocity as they did the last two seasons and put in performances like they did against Liverpool, but ultimately come up short and loose 4-3 every game. Everyone would still be singing their praises for great performances and entertaining games, but ultimately they won’t be picking up points. Then when the fatigue kicks in, performances drop, and they can’t even count on getting the 3 goals any more and just loose every game 3, 4-0. 

13 hours ago, David said:

Wasn’t their first team though unfortunately 

Granted , but according to some on here Bielsas a genius , yet he couldnt get his team to beat Hull , hes been a lucky manager at Leeds , fell apart 1st season looking like it was going to be the same story last season until lockdown gave them the chance to regroup , lets see what this mastermind can do  in the Prem

22 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Granted , but according to some on here Bielsas a genius , yet he couldnt get his team to beat Hull , hes been a lucky manager at Leeds , fell apart 1st season looking like it was going to be the same story last season until lockdown gave them the chance to regroup , lets see what this mastermind can do  in the Prem

You can't just 'get lucky' and finish top of the Championship.