20/21 Notts Bottlers Thread

David

12 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Life imitating art,

Fact being stranger than fiction,

Forest paying homage to QPR's away shirt,

Truth never being absolute,

All part of the mysteries of life my boy.

Except the forest one, it's just a very generic red football shirt.

They’ll probably have Zamora printed on the back of every one. 

It's that time of year when Forest sign the next Portugese wonderkid that every top club in Europe is keeping tabs on apparently. 

The myth-Forest target David Tavares at Benfica: Fancied by Liverpool scouts €66m release clause UCL experience Would be some signing.

The reality- 4 years at Benfica- 19 reserve team games. Ten minutes in a defeat to Leipzig in the champions league in the first team.

Must be 10 wonder kids in 5 years. What do they do with them all.  Stick them in concrete boots and chuck them in the Trent.

12 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

It's that time of year when Forest sign the next Portugese wonderkid that every top club in Europe is keeping tabs on apparently. 

The myth-Forest target David Tavares at Benfica: Fancied by Liverpool scouts €66m release clause UCL experience Would be some signing.

The reality- 4 years at Benfica- 19 reserve team games. Ten minutes in a defeat to Leipzig in the champions league in the first team.

Must be 10 wonder kids in 5 years. What do they do with them all.  Stick them in concrete boots and chuck them in the Trent.

Sign them for too much money from Benfica and then somehow make a profit on them selling them to Olympiakos.

schitts creek do not want GIF by CBC

6 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Preseason results mean nothing.

The true test will be are they able to improve on the excellent start the have made by virtue of the alphabet meaning N comes before several letters other teams names start with.

Pity Sheffield Wednesday aren't called AAAAAASheffield Wednesday, they'd have moved up a place already.

Edited by richinspain
Spelt AAAAAAAAAASheffield wrong.

15 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Pity Sheffield Wednesday aren't called AAAAAASheffield Wednesday, they'd have moved up a place already.

I’m trying to work out why that works. I don’t think it does. They’d still be 24th even if they renamed themselves Aaron a aaronsen. Unless someone else was docked 12pts. 

51 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I’m trying to work out why that works. I don’t think it does. They’d still be 24th even if they renamed themselves Aaron a aaronsen. Unless someone else was docked 12pts. 

Technically you're right (technically, actually, factually...... whatever you want to call it), but you know what I mean ?

16 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

That would be good money for a very one dimensional player.  Look's like their getting Freeman on loan. That should get them a top 6 finish in an average league.  Would have done a very solid job for us on loan when the youngsters start flagging ten games in. Sow with ability and Watson with movement.

6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Forest have negotiated a pretty good deal there to be fair. 12m is a big fee for Cash. Consistently one of the better fullbacks at this level, but already 23 and only recently properly came into his own.

He’s only just become a full back in the past year, in fairness. 

But you’re right, the one thing forest do well is get value for their players. Think of the likes of Burke and Brereton where they’ve gotten fees ridiculously higher than they’re worth.