Preseason 2020/21

RoyMac5

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

To be fair our defence I’d say is completely sorted for this year unless we get a massive injury. Our midfield is brilliant. Our attack is just poor. We have the ability to blow teams away we’ve seen it. Just need some pace and we’ll actually create chances 

Our Midfield is brilliant? Really?

22 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Fair enough, but I'm not on Facebook.

I've paid for the stream, which offers pre and post match content according to the blurb, yet I've not received it.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a massive issue, but don't advertise it and then not do it.

Taken from the OS, Expert half-time and post-match analysis.

Can you view a Facebook page without having an account?

At any given time, you can read anything on a Facebook page without your own Facebook account, since all Facebook pages are designed as public platforms for advertising a product, service or personality. You wouldn't be able to leave comments on the Facebook page or interact with it in any other way.

3 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Cocu has made it clear many times that his favoured formation is 433. Why throw another defender on the pitch and worsen the already little attacking threat we have. We just looked lost playing it today.

Don't think we had the players to play 433 today we really need a good RW or RAM who scores Paul Simmo esque would make us a different proposition altogether especially if Marriott gets his shooting boots on .. JM surprisingly held it up well today but is probably still not suited to a 433

59 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Boring, dreadful, could play until next season in that formation and not score.

Jesus I hope we don’t go with 5 AG the back. Players looked lost - Never had more than two players attacking and had the excitement of a 400M tortoise race.

On the positives Marriott looks fit.

Chris Martin would look rapid in this formation.

So I don't really have much interest in pre season games, so didn't pay much attention, but came in here to see how things are going and Christ that was a mistake. Can someone explain to me why everyone is wetting the bed because we lost a friendly to a team that finished top half of the Premier League last year?

There is zero point assessing our prospects for next season based on any friendly matches we might decide to play.

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Can you view a Facebook page without having an account?

At any given time, you can read anything on a Facebook page without your own Facebook account, since all Facebook pages are designed as public platforms for advertising a product, service or personality. You wouldn't be able to leave comments on the Facebook page or interact with it in any other way.

I see your reply to @richinspain further above, and note from the above you seem to answer your own question, so why ask me?

FYI, the terms of my release on license prohibit me from viewing the likes of Facebook, Twitter, AnalAnimals.net etc, etc.

8 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I bet you named them when you bought them! That kit is what..... 2005/6. What did you name them? Something clever/daft like Ted McMinn (still pundit then) and Marc TEDworthy.

I got bought the one on the left - he's called Billy Bear! Think the Joma kit should date it?

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

I’d disagree I’d say it’s better for the youngsters to get more minutiae in the pre season so they’ll know the level and intensity when they’re enevitably called upon 

This was our last pre season game intended to prepare us for our opening game so why bring on a load of kids that aren’t ready yet. 

1 hour ago, sage said:

I reckon they view the Barrow game as a competitive pre season game. 

Too right he should, without fans the “League” cup will have even less meaning, unless you are B4 not many will expect us to get near the final stages. 

We use next week as a means of forming partnerships, trying a few returning from injury and I’d be quite happy to see us do that every round for however long we stay in the competition.

We do seem light up front from all I’m reading, but so many key players out should not over concern us in friendliest. Hopefully, somebody will come in to compete with those missing up front but I think I’ll reserve judgement until the Reading game.

23 minutes ago, GenBr said:

So I don't really have much interest in pre season games, so didn't pay much attention, but came in here to see how things are going and Christ that was a mistake. Can someone explain to me why everyone is wetting the bed because we lost a friendly to a team that finished top half of the Premier League last year?

There is zero point assessing our prospects for next season based on any friendly matches we might decide to play.

It's generally a case of  'nothing to be gleaned from pre season friendlies' when we lose them. On the other hand if we have a decent  pre season 'it's good to get into the habit of winning....' 

Archived