Preseason 2020/21

RoyMac5

Never take much notice of ore season results just looking for glints of what might be to come 

only thing I’ll add is as has been alluded to I would like to see big mike and Clarke actually play together 

understanding is key to a good dc pairing so personally I’d be using every opportunity possible to enhance that with 2 weeks or so to go til ko 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Chellaston Ram said:

I’m not bothered about the result but this was our last pre-season match so why are still making lots of substitutions. We should be developing partnerships like a settled defence and developing the Sibley/Marriott understanding. Many of the subs used are nowhere near ready for first team this season. 

I reckon they view the Barrow game as a competitive pre season game. 

Boring, dreadful, could play until next season in that formation and not score.

Jesus I hope we don’t go with 5 AG the back. Players looked lost - Never had more than two players attacking and had the excitement of a 400M tortoise race.

On the positives Marriott looks fit.

8 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I honestly believe we should just go back to cocus favoured formation of a 433 and hope we sign a couple of wingers. This 3 at the back thing looks terribly disjoined as it's an entirely new system for us. Why take off an attacker to put another defender at the back? We already look toothless up front. This is just makes it even more apparent. 

Wingers in a 4-3-3?

that squad is not finishing in the top 6, we will not score enough goals. 

are we unable to unearth any lower league or foreign playing attacking players, i dont buy the argument all the good ones are taken there are thousands of players out there

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

Boring, dreadful, could play until next season in that formation and not score.

Jesus I hope we don’t go with 5 AG the back. Players looked lost - Never had more than two players attacking and had the excitement of a 400M tortoise race.

On the positives Marriott looks fit.

giphy.gif

So we tried 3 at the back as we tried a few times last season....some say no plan b or c and so when we try different formations fans moan....

so when do we try different tactics/formations if we don't do it in a meaningless freindly?

I think Cocu knows that we can compete with what he has at his disposal as we saw in the second half of the season even though we do need a RW and a Striker as Cocu has mentioned himself.

What actually would've been gained if we'd played our strongest side if everyone was fit ? lets say Rooney,Lawrence,Waghorn,Beilik etc all started and we say drew today what would we have learned ???? 

Today we saw some young lads being given game time against a very well organised top half prem team and i thought some acquitted themselves well and gained some good experience against good opposition

I thought Whittaker  ( and I've been one who's questioned whether good enough )and Buchanan both done well today as did Marriott

MTW needs to time to settle into the english style for me and think he was only put at wingback to give him game time 

These are just my opinions but i think we'll see more of the same against Barrow but then a totally different team against Reading 

If I could be bothered I’d find the preseason threads for the last 10 years and just repost random pages. All the same poo rehashed with similar moans ect, need a winger, not scoring, defence can’t defend....Chris Martin blah blah blah.

They are just Preseason games for Gibson’s sake. 

25 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Pos match analysis and interviews are always free on Facebook 

Fair enough, but I'm not on Facebook.

I've paid for the stream, which offers pre and post match content according to the blurb, yet I've not received it.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a massive issue, but don't advertise it and then not do it.

Taken from the OS, Expert half-time and post-match analysis.

Surely MTW and Clarke should have had game time playing next to each other? 

I don’t mind the kids playing and it does show how bear the squad is now.

As for trying other formations out - well, unless Cocu genuinely wants to go into the season playing 5-2-2-1 then I wouldn’t mess around in your penultimate friendly. 7 or 8 of them will be playing Saturday and 7 or 8 will be playing Reading. I’d be spending time getting my number one formation working better.

5 minutes ago, rammieib said:

As for trying other formations out - well, unless Cocu genuinely wants to go into the season playing 5-2-2-1 then I wouldn’t mess around in your penultimate friendly. 7 or 8 of them will be playing Saturday and 7 or 8 will be playing Reading. I’d be spending time getting my number one formation working better.

Cocu has made it clear many times that his favoured formation is 433. Why throw another defender on the pitch and worsen the already little attacking threat we have. We just looked lost playing it today.

Archived