v Dirty Leeds (H) - Matchday Thread

Comrade 86

59 minutes ago, Drysalters said:

Leeds fan here.

I created an account last year just to advise fans a good away pub to drink in without the worry of any trouble or hostility, other than that I haven’t posted as I’m not a fan of piling into other teams forums! 

However after reading through some of these posts on this thread I felt compelled to comment. There’s an awful lot of comments about how our celebrations today were “classless” after Derby gave us a guard of honour and a bottle of champagne from Mel Morris. The celebrating on the pitch after the game with champagne and our MD with his binoculars seems like it was typical of “our horrible club” to act in such fashion after such an accomplishment and the agony we endured last year at the hands of Derby.

I think it’s prudent to highlight how Derby acted last year, with binocular signs all over the pitch, the trashing of our away dressing room leaving it in the worst state it’s ever been left in by an away team with significant damages. On top of that, whether Derby fans are ignorant to this or whether they have just chosen to ignore it, a human turd was left on the floor of the changing room. This isn’t a rumour, it was confirmed by our MD Angus Kinnear that this did in fact happen. Leeds chose not to highlight this to any significance and made no complaints about the state in which the dressing room was left, we were outplayed when it mattered and we let Derby have their moment in spite of the damages.

In light of this, some of these comments calling us classless (because of our rather subdued celebrations) whilst proceeding to highlight we’re a club and fanbase that always seem to feel victimised, is beyond irony.

We are champions, we earned it and we celebrated it. We got outplayed when it mattered last year and yes it hurt, but I think our players are allowed to enjoy this moment. Best of luck for next season and I hope your players show more passion and pride than has been served up for you lot this year, the fans deserve better.

Classless club.

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

and Sky saying there Goalkeeper is "back after an 8 game ban" without mentioning at all why he was banned. 

It was a punishment for his poor grasp of English, apparently. Seems he didn't know that shouting ‘you ducked n*****’ at a black people is considered a bit strong here. 

Got an 8 match ban, a £60k fine and compulsory attendance at a 're-education' course the aim of which, I gather, is to teach people how not to be massive tw4ts. 

4 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

It was a punishment for his poor grasp of English, apparently. Seems he didn't know that shouting ‘you ducked n*****’ at a black people is considered a bit strong here. 

Got an 8 match ban, a £60k fine and compulsory attendance at a 're-education' course the aim of which, I gather, is to teach people how not to be massive tw4ts. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/51628153

1 hour ago, Drysalters said:

Leeds fan here.

I created an account last year just to advise fans a good away pub to drink in without the worry of any trouble or hostility, other than that I haven’t posted as I’m not a fan of piling into other teams forums! 

However after reading through some of these posts on this thread I felt compelled to comment. There’s an awful lot of comments about how our celebrations today were “classless” after Derby gave us a guard of honour and a bottle of champagne from Mel Morris. The celebrating on the pitch after the game with champagne and our MD with his binoculars seems like it was typical of “our horrible club” to act in such fashion after such an accomplishment and the agony we endured last year at the hands of Derby.

I think it’s prudent to highlight how Derby acted last year, with binocular signs all over the pitch, the trashing of our away dressing room leaving it in the worst state it’s ever been left in by an away team with significant damages. On top of that, whether Derby fans are ignorant to this or whether they have just chosen to ignore it, a human turd was left on the floor of the changing room. This isn’t a rumour, it was confirmed by our MD Angus Kinnear that this did in fact happen. Leeds chose not to highlight this to any significance and made no complaints about the state in which the dressing room was left, we were outplayed when it mattered and we let Derby have their moment in spite of the damages.

In light of this, some of these comments calling us classless (because of our rather subdued celebrations) whilst proceeding to highlight we’re a club and fanbase that always seem to feel victimised, is beyond irony.

We are champions, we earned it and we celebrated it. We got outplayed when it mattered last year and yes it hurt, but I think our players are allowed to enjoy this moment. Best of luck for next season and I hope your players show more passion and pride than has been served up for you lot this year, the fans deserve better.

Well at least we know now what happened to Eddie Lewis. 

I am glad Leeds didn’t highlight this dubious fact other than your MD highlighting it. 

Interestingly, why after clinching the championship are you reading a Derby County forum? Bit obsessed. You’ll miss us next year. 

see you later Salty 

2 hours ago, Drysalters said:

Leeds fan here.

You felt compelled to comment but, convienently, completely forgot about the January game and first leg antics which sparked everything you're moaning about. We acted how an underdog, who hadn't laid a glove on Leeds in three games, naturally would do after having the binocs, the songs, the arrogance and the results rammed down our throats from your lot in the games previous. We repaid the favour after an unbelievable result in a play-off semi final in your own backyard but we're the bad guys?

Nothing against Leeds, looking forward to you mixing it up in the PL if I'm honest but you'll look back on the differences in grace between the two teams today in future months/years and realise the classless labels are absolutely appropriate. 

Good luck in the Prem. 

4 hours ago, Drysalters said:

Leeds fan here.

Personally don't think celebrations were classless. No doubt felt better for those players who can remember last year! All fun and games. Derby certainly enjoyed last year's celebrations. No doubt Leeds players wanted to celebrate. Thought the binoculars thing was hilarious too from the director! 

Love a bit of a rivalry, Leeds played good football this season though so deservedly champions. Derby will get revenge again at some point.

We all hate Leeds! But great banter and stories. 

All fanbases have their share of unappealing people.

However, surprised the doodoo didn't raise the property value of Elland rd, perhaps that's why the MD confirmed it?

I enjoyed the banter last season so I can take a bit back. I think the "it's so classless" was overdone and pretty whining tbh. Same as spygate thing got entrenched along loyalty lines.

I've no particular love for Leeds, and did chuckle at the celebration to empty stands, but what were they supposed to do? Apologize and quietly leave whilst writing a letter to the EFL applying to not be promoted?

28 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think the "it's so classless" was overdone and pretty whining tbh. Same as spygate thing got entrenched along loyalty lines.

You mean the bloke in the stands celebrating with binoculars? Yeah, classy.

2 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

I detest litter anywhere, walking to PP I see too much, I keep a litter picker in the car and could always do more. Every club has ‘fans’ leaving me in despair who drop rubbish.  That looks disgusting and does no favours to the genuine fans. Depressing sight. Best wishes to the policewoman doing her job. 

20 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I’d get it if there was fans in the ground, apparently it was to rub our noses in it following the Playoff 2nd leg last season

3339E7E9-47E3-40A0-AB26-C88AD42E8412.jpeg

Shame on Leeds. We've never rubbed their noses in it. No sir. Not us.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived