v Dirty Leeds (H) - Matchday Thread

Comrade 86

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

He could also motivate our players for the big games. We've not performed in any big games this season, not a single one. 

You don’t think Charlton or Barnsley at Xmas time were big games? 

Frankly at that time they were as big as games get.

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Final thought for a bit, but am I the only one annoyed with how lawrence went down for his injury. Was once taught many years ago about protecting yourself in a hard challenge and how to expect a tough challenge and how to manage it. I’m not 100% sure what happened and I wouldn’t say he necessarily jibbed it, but he certainly didn’t scout it and he didn’t protect himself. Yeah you can say misfortune, but just from what I was told when playing how he approaches it doesn’t appear right and he gets hurt in the process 

35 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

No stick from me. Today was dull, very little energy out there & no idea why Davies was selected.

I don't think for a second that is the intention though & the side will see rapid improvement in the next few months. Those changes won't need to be significant to make us a force in this division, we'd look a totally different unit with 2 quick wide men for example.

I thought Evans was doing alright with Clarke - don't know why he was dropped.

Had my beers now...building on the 4-1-4-1 idea earlier...building for the future and our next season, bearing in mind I feel we will have almost nothing or absolutely nothing to spend and need to get wages down

New Keeper (Absolute must)

Wisdom Clarke(re-loan)  Ter W Fozzy

Bielik

Bogle   Sibley   Knight   Lawrence

Marriott

Subs: Martin(1 year extension), Bird, Lowe, Rooney, CB cover cheap/academy/Evans, Holmes, Shinnie

+Academy backups as reserve.

Is it really all that crazy?? Average age of starting 11 down, wages severely down, deadwood cleared(Huddlestone/Curtis/Waghorn/Zoon etc, all huge wages) and we make at the very least mid table, then future season build on this team and add.

Just watched Cocu’s interview, he is saying the right things, understands what is wrong.  Thank God.

I play a bit of Poker and a big part of this is looking for tells ( when someone is being untruthful) .  Marriott had 4 tells and used them in many questions.  From this I’m guessing he wants to move and will be suprised if he is with us at the end of next season.

Pure conjecture of course.

9 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Final thought for a bit, but am I the only one annoyed with how lawrence went down for his injury. 

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I was more annoyed that he pushed the ball too far in front of himself and so lost it.

Nah...it meant we brought knight on. One of the bright sparks.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I was more annoyed that he pushed the ball too far in front of himself and so lost it.

Well yes it was part of it to me because it’s a lack of awareness and ‘not being switched on’ that gets him there as well. Just frustrating that a key player for this side get injured in a clumsy manner. Yes it’s misfortune but I’m pretty sure he can avoid it

Just now, RamNut said:

Nah...it meant we brought knight on. One of the bright sparks.

True, all things considered Knight is maybe my pick of the youngsters so far. He certainly ‘stepped up’ the most out of them all today. A smart footballer

29 minutes ago, The Orange Pimpernel said:

In recent weeks, we've seen Huddersfield beat WBA, Stoke beat Brentford, and Luton get a draw at Leeds.

There are always the occasional freak results, it often depends on the specific strengths/weaknesses of the teams involved.

The league isn't really that unpredictable - the top teams will win the vast majority of their games. Two or three unexpected results can be dressed up as every result being unpredictable, ignoring the hundreds of other games which have gone pretty much as expected.

When we were flying high in the 2013/14 & 2014/15 seasons there were still certain types of teams lower down the league we struggled, and lost, against. So what's to say the examples you've brought up aren't similar situations?

WBA, Leeds, Brentford & West Brom are all teams who's strengths are almost an exact counter to our weaknesses. Quick midfields, pace and trickery on the wings.

Maybe Luton, Huddersfield & Stoke's problems / weaknesses aren't the same as ours.

I think some balance needs to be had with how we view where we are. We've been poor for the majority of the last four or five games, but recency bias probably affects our evaluations of where we are as a team. Same as when a lot of us were convinced we were going up when we had the six game winning run between Blackburn (H) and Preston (A). In the second half of the season, from the Boxing Day draw at Wigan onwards, we've had the 7th best form in the league, outside the playoff spots by just 2 goals. I think we're in a position as a club where we could very well make the playoffs next year with minimal changes, but we need improvements against the top teams else we'd do very little should we get there. 

46 minutes ago, Alpha said:

missed the game. 

2 shots on target. Counts as progress 

Leeds only had 2 shots that weren't completely routine for Roos, it's just that they were the two which went in! (before someone get's 'clever' the own goal doesn't count as a shot)

If Knight scores his chance and Marriott doesn't balloon one over the bar from just inside the penalty area near the end (perfectly presentable chances) we've got 3 goals!

If, if, if, I know, but we'd almost certainly have been punished had the shoe been on the other foot.

3 minutes ago, Archied said:

Duck off Derby ?????

nice to see some of our fans matching some of our players commitment 

Haha are you really moaning about a throw away duck off Derby in frustration, quit the halo complex. Just @ me next time too.

Archived