v Dirty Leeds (H) - Matchday Thread

Comrade 86

All the post match antics of the classless club should now stick with all those Rams who weren’t sure why we dislike this lot so much prior to today’s game.

Disgraceful, Shambolic, Disrespectful and Self-absorbed everything they should be remembered for.
As for Bielsa, he will have known all about the prepared post match antics and allowed them, so all this “he’s a humble man” is none sense. He’s clearly morally bankrupt like everyone else in/around and associated with this hateful club. 
Good riddance ??????

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

Leeds, as an example, have won 27 games out of 45. That's 60% - so hardly a vast majority. Cardiff in 6th have won 18 out of 45 - that's 40%. Nothing like a majority.

If the Championship was as predictable as you suggest, we'd all be millionaires wouldn't we?

But every team has strengths and weaknesses. Surely Cocu's job is to identify that and figure out how we can exploit another team's weaknesses or neutralise their strengths effectively?

Or do we just say: They're too good. What can we do? For me, that's a negative mentality. I might understand that thinking in the Premier League where we would really be up against it. But in the Championship, you've always got a chance if you manage those games well.

Again, I'm not saying we change the manager. But we have to demand more from him, surely? The last 5 games, we've gone down with a whimper.

Vast majority / majority was technically wrong, yep. More like a voting majority.

The top 4 teams have won more than double (or more) the number of games they've lost. Forest & Cardiff have won 50% more games than the've lost. We wouldn't be millionaires because we have a tendency to romanticise the chances of an upset and make stupid bets, or put too many teams on an accumulator thinking all of these things that usually happen will all happen at the same time.

You don't know that we haven't identified these teams weaknesses or worked on ways to neutralise their strengths, if anything it's Cocu's analysis of and focus on trying to counter the opposition that's been a cause for criticism, rather than just focussing on what we can do well.

We could have all the plans in the world, but if we don't have the right players to carry out them out we're going to struggle. And we don't, we really don't. There's nothing in our squad for the top teams to worry about.

The lackluster performances aren't proof that the manager has thrown the towel in before the game's kicked off, they're proof that we don't have the right squad balance. Our best players are either pensioners 3-4 years past their peak or teenagers in their first or second seasons as a pro. We have no genuine pace on the wings. We have no option up front to play direct to. We have no box to box midfielders.

I really don't know what you expect to see, other than some vague semblance of 'more' or 'better' from what we have available.

Just saw an earlier post:

hunger, desire - there's plenty of that from SIbley & Knight, so clearly it's not Cocu telling the team not to show it.
intensity - hard to play with intensity when, as above, your key players are old & slow.
motivation - you haven't got a clue how motivated or not they are, really, have you? You're guessing. Were we motivated enough when we won 5 on the spin?

You point out what Nathan Jones has done at Luton? He was there for 3 years, it's his squad, his club. He was a disaster at Stoke with a much better squad, so it's really not that simple, or helpful, making such comparisons - we've got our own unique set of issues!

38 minutes ago, Coconut said:

The top 4 teams have won more than double (or more) the number of games they've lost. Forest & Cardiff have won 50% more games than the've lost. Forest & Cardiff have won 50% more games than the've lost.

Missed this in the edit. Of course what I meant was "The top 4 teams have won double (or more) the number of games they've lost. Forest & Cardiff have won over 50% more games than the've lost."

Thought I'd better clarify that before it gets jumped on!

1 hour ago, JfR said:

Bringing flares or smoke bombs into a football stadium is a 3 month prison sentence, yes? Not going to happen, but would be funny.
Of course, the EFL will probably end up charging us for failing to stop them from bringing them into our ground if they do anything.

It is a criminal offence, perhaps someone should report it to Derbyshire police?

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1985/57/section/2A

33 minutes ago, Coconut said:

We could have all the plans in the world, but if we don't have the right players to carry out them out we're going to struggle. And we don't, we really don't. There's nothing in our squad for the top teams to worry about.

A manager's job also includes getting the best out of the players he has.

How many seasons will this be the excuse for Cocu? Will we be saying the same in summer 2021? 2022? 2023?

New signings and better players will help the cause, of course. But at some point, you've got to look at the manager and say 'Make a difference!'

I’m not going to get soft over Leeds celebrating their promotion in an empty stadium. 

They proved today that our players ultimately have no baalocks. Seven changes and still made a mockery of our team. If they were even in the slightest bothered then they had the opportunity to ruin their party, instead we’ve got our POTY putting the ball in his own goal. 

4 hours ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Just watched Cocu’s interview, he is saying the right things, understands what is wrong.  Thank God.

I play a bit of Poker and a big part of this is looking for tells ( when someone is being untruthful) .  Marriott had 4 tells and used them in many questions.  From this I’m guessing he wants to move and will be suprised if he is with us at the end of next season.

Pure conjecture of course.

No wonder I always lose at Poker.

I watched Marriott's interview and didn't pick up any suggestion that he wanted a move.

26 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

A manager's job also includes getting the best out of the players he has.

How many seasons will this be the excuse for Cocu? Will we be saying the same in summer 2021? 2022? 2023?

New signings and better players will help the cause, of course. But at some point, you've got to look at the manager and say 'Make a difference!'

Of course. The argument here is whether or not we have got the best out of what's available this season. I'd argue he's got, at the very least, 85% out of them, which isn't too bad considering every setback we've faced.

The balance of the squad this season isn't an excuse in my book, it's a reason, a perfectly valid one. Also Cocu himself has never made any excuses or shown any of the self pity we associate with Paul Jewell, for example, he's just got on with it.

If he gets to sign 3-4 players of his own choosing for next season it won't be a valid reason, it will become an excuse. He knows what needs addressing and has done for some time. If we can't sign anyone, or end up with the last on a very long list (Paterson, Hamer) then it will continue to be a valid defence.

I'd also say he has made a difference. Martin's career here was over before he turned up, Max Bird has stepped up from being a player who struggled a last season to being a key member of the team. Max Lowe, even intermittently and often having to play at RB, has had his best season for us so far after struggling to get in the team under Lampard, even after his Aberdeen loan. Sibley has overcome whatever it was setting him back from making the step up to the first team.

Leeds fan here.

I created an account last year just to advise fans a good away pub to drink in without the worry of any trouble or hostility, other than that I haven’t posted as I’m not a fan of piling into other teams forums! 

However after reading through some of these posts on this thread I felt compelled to comment. There’s an awful lot of comments about how our celebrations today were “classless” after Derby gave us a guard of honour and a bottle of champagne from Mel Morris. The celebrating on the pitch after the game with champagne and our MD with his binoculars seems like it was typical of “our horrible club” to act in such fashion after such an accomplishment and the agony we endured last year at the hands of Derby.

I think it’s prudent to highlight how Derby acted last year, with binocular signs all over the pitch, the trashing of our away dressing room leaving it in the worst state it’s ever been left in by an away team with significant damages. On top of that, whether Derby fans are ignorant to this or whether they have just chosen to ignore it, a human turd was left on the floor of the changing room. This isn’t a rumour, it was confirmed by our MD Angus Kinnear that this did in fact happen. Leeds chose not to highlight this to any significance and made no complaints about the state in which the dressing room was left, we were outplayed when it mattered and we let Derby have their moment in spite of the damages.

In light of this, some of these comments calling us classless (because of our rather subdued celebrations) whilst proceeding to highlight we’re a club and fanbase that always seem to feel victimised, is beyond irony.

We are champions, we earned it and we celebrated it. We got outplayed when it mattered last year and yes it hurt, but I think our players are allowed to enjoy this moment. Best of luck for next season and I hope your players show more passion and pride than has been served up for you lot this year, the fans deserve better.

22 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

No wonder I always lose at Poker.

I watched Marriott's interview and didn't pick up any suggestion that he wanted a move.

You must have noticed him fidgeting and answering “100% yes” whilst simultaneously shaking his head.
This indicates to me that he has a high pair at best, maybe less.

I would raise him and raise him again even if I had nothing better.

but of course he will have also noticed me touching my face, staring him out, and talking in a high pitched voice like Alan Ball. All of which are dead giveaways that I’ve got nothing either. 

the best advice when you get into a fix like this is to simply say you don’t remember ever meeting the woman, and that you can’t produce sweat. That’ll confuse them.

8 minutes ago, Drysalters said:

Leeds fan here.

I created an account last year just to advise fans a good away pub to drink in without the worry of any trouble or hostility, other than that I haven’t posted as I’m not a fan of piling into other teams forums! 

However after reading through some of these posts on this thread I felt compelled to comment. There’s an awful lot of comments about how our celebrations today were “classless” after Derby gave us a guard of honour and a bottle of champagne from Mel Morris. The celebrating on the pitch after the game with champagne and our MD with his binoculars seems like it was typical of “our horrible club” to act in such fashion after such an accomplishment and the agony we endured last year at the hands of Derby.

I think it’s prudent to highlight how Derby acted last year, with binocular signs all over the pitch, the trashing of our away dressing room leaving it in the worst state it’s ever been left in by an away team with significant damages. On top of that, whether Derby fans are ignorant to this or whether they have just chosen to ignore it, a human turd was left on the floor of the changing room. This isn’t a rumour, it was confirmed by our MD Angus Kinnear that this did in fact happen. Leeds chose not to highlight this to any significance and made no complaints about the state in which the dressing room was left, we were outplayed when it mattered and we let Derby have their moment in spite of the damages.

In light of this, some of these comments calling us classless (because of our rather subdued celebrations) whilst proceeding to highlight we’re a club and fanbase that always seem to feel victimised, is beyond irony.

We are champions, we earned it and we celebrated it. We got outplayed when it mattered last year and yes it hurt, but I think our players are allowed to enjoy this moment. Best of luck for next season and I hope your players show more passion and pride than has been served up for you lot this year, the fans deserve better.

And all you wanted to do, after winning promotion, and winning the league, was to come here and signal your great virtue. Jog on you knob!

11 minutes ago, Drysalters said:

Leeds fan here.

Good post.
We’ve been polishing that turd ever since.

1 hour ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

All the post match antics of the classless club should now stick with all those Rams who weren’t sure why we dislike this lot so much prior to today’s game.

Disgraceful, Shambolic, Disrespectful and Self-absorbed everything they should be remembered for.
As for Bielsa, he will have known all about the prepared post match antics and allowed them, so all this “he’s a humble man” is none sense. He’s clearly morally bankrupt like everyone else in/around and associated with this hateful club. 
Good riddance ??????

I was like this before the game, didn't get what all the fuss was. But seeing the antics after the game made me realise. Could you imagine any other Director/Chairman or whatever he is acting like that? The fact we congratulated them and Mel even giving them champagne just made them look even more pathetic. 

and Sky saying there Goalkeeper is "back after an 8 game ban" without mentioning at all why he was banned. 

28 minutes ago, Drysalters said:

Genuinely curious why it's actually bothered you enough to comment on here? You got promoted because you were the best team in the league, but why expect anyone else to like you for it? Your club is still classless. I wish you a fast relegation. 

35 minutes ago, Drysalters said:

Leeds fan here.

Well done Leeds. Last year at Elland Road was one of the best to be a Derby fan I am glad I was there to celebrate the win. However it proved to be not enough to get promoted.

Fair play to Leeds for celebrating their promotion today. I think any team would do the same. I don’t know what all the fuss is about.

55 minutes ago, Drysalters said:

Leeds fan here.

When you say MD did you mean Doctor of Medicine with a speciality in excrement? How did he actually establish it was a human turd, do you have your own on site testing laboratory at Elland Road as this sounds like a frequent occurrence.

Archived