v Dirty Leeds (H) - Matchday Thread

Comrade 86

Derby County vs Leeds United - Sunday 19/07-2020 - 14.00 KO

After a run of tough games at last we play one of the lesser teams in the division. Sure, there are no easy games, but it's not far shy of 20 years since Leeds graced the top flight and as one of the smaller clubs in the league, I fancy a comfortable 3 points for the Mighty Rams with Bielsa once again left kicking his bucket. 

My line up would be something like...

Roos

Bogle Wisdom Clarke Fozzy

Holmes Rooney Bird 

Waggers Wardrobe Lawrence

... but in truth it shouldn't really matter too much who Phil puts out.

COYR

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I'd love it if we had the chance to get Brentford into the autos at their expense. Love it. 

hi all I am new here as this is my first post I will go 6-0 too the RAMS 

ROONEY FGS

Roos

Bogle Davies Clarke Malone

Evans Bird

Jozefzoon Sibley Lawrence 

Martin

Bogle back in so we have a natural RB playing there. Malone in as Forsyth has been poor since the break. Rooney looks totally knackered at the moment, so Evans comes in to give him an extended break. Would’ve liked to rest Bird as well as he’s looked a little short on confidence lately, but we don’t really have anyone else who can do what he does so he’ll have to play again. Jozefzoon also comes into the attack to give him one last chance to impress before the summer transfer window opens, since our season is now over.

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Roos

Bogle Davies Clarke Malone

Evans Bird

Jozefzoon Sibley Lawrence 

Martin

Bogle back in so we have a natural RB playing there. Malone in as Forsyth has been poor since the break. Rooney looks totally knackered at the moment, so Evans comes in to give him an extended break. Would’ve liked to rest Bird as well as he’s looked a little short on confidence lately, but we don’t really have anyone else who can do what he does so he’ll have to play again. Jozefzoon also comes into the attack to give him one last chance to impress before the summer transfer window opens, since our season is now over.

have to agree 

Jozefzoon given one last chance. 

no pressure in terms playoffs so can play his game i do believe there is a player in there somewhere. 

7 minutes ago, RYRAM said:

have to agree 

no pressure in terms playoffs so can play his game i do believe there is a player in there somewhere. 

Welcome to the forum!

Predicting a 6-0 win, and with JoFlo in the team?  An understated start.  Nice. ?

26 minutes ago, RYRAM said:

hi all I am new here as this is my first post I will go 6-0 too the RAMS 

Ludicrously optimistic first post. That's the most ludicrously optimistic thing I'll read all day.

12 minutes ago, RYRAM said:

i do believe there is a player in there somewhere. 

I stand corrected.

3 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

Ludicrously optimistic first post. That's the most ludicrously optimistic thing I'll read all day.

I stand corrected.

you never know he may smash a hat trick in  before being sold in the summer  ? 

Roll up, roll up...Walter Mitty FC are in town. The imaginary Champions of Europe come to Derby with their massive fanbase (unless they're losing) watching at home desperately hoping to become the Premiership's new whipping boy.

Teamwise for us, Id like to see a few changes. Firstly, think Evans needs to come in for Davies as they will press relentlessly high & arent that special in the air. Bogle to come in for Forsyth with Lowe going back to LB. Pretty sure Waggy is back from suspension & could do with his presence & directness at RW.

Up top, I think Martin is due a break and his lack of pace will encourage Leeds to push up even higher...I'd be tempted to give Hector-Ingram his debut. His pace will make them think twice about playing a high line & will open up space in midfield for us to play. Massive ask but got to start somewhere & a dead rubber is a great opportunity.

I was also tempted to suggest Rooney sitting it out but sure he's chomping to make up for Tuesday. I would replace him with Knight if he's struggling with the pace of the game by half time though.

I'd be considering the next 2 games as essentially a pre-season and only having players in the team/squad we expect to be here and experimenting a bit here and there to figure some stuff out. The only concession I'd make is possibly still playing Clarke as our options at CB really aren't good at the minute.

I'd also rotate any players looking knackered, Rooney especially.

With that said I'd go for something like:

Roos 

Bogle Evans Clarke Lowe

Bird

Knight  Sibley 

Whittaker Waghorn Lawrence 

Subs: Ravas, Fozzy, Davies, Buchanan*, JBrown*, Shinnie, Rooney, Mariott, Trialist*

*Under other circumstances clearly Martin would be on the bench and it's still likely he should be on there anyway but I think it's worthwhile giving young players game time especially given his contract situation.

I'd like to see us try something slightly different in the last couple of games. Evans in for Davies (if Bamford's their most physical threat, then I'd rather have his passing ability at the back). Bogle back at RB as he's more natural there than Lowe. Rooney on the bench (he looked completely shattered in the 2nd half against Cardiff). Waghorn to start.

Roos

Bogle, Evans, Clarke, Lowe

Knight, Bird, Sibley

Waghorn, Martin, Lawrence

Subs: Ravas, J Brown, Davies, Forsyth, Jozefzoon, Marriott, Rooney, Shinnie, Whittaker

COYR! Lets spoil the Leeds party! ?

2 hours ago, rynny said:

I'd go for;

Ravas

Bogle Evans Clarke Lowe

J Brown Bird

Knight      Sibley    Whittaker

Waghorn

Part of me would love that but I reckon you would see a meltdown in reaction from many! All this can't lose to Leeds carp. 

We have two free hits, let's try something.

2 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

Part of me would love that but I reckon you would see a meltdown in reaction from many! All this can't lose to Leeds carp. 

We have two free hits, let's try something.

The only one I toyed with was Whittaker and Lawrence. 

Archived