v Dirty Leeds (H) - Matchday Thread

Comrade 86

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I tend to comment on the football, you tend to comment on the posters. Not quite the same thing. 

The perfect example of commenting on the poster rather than what’s posted ? 
still waiting to be shown the post where I did that 

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

There are always the occasional freak results, it often depends on the specific strengths/weaknesses of the teams involved.

The league isn't really that unpredictable - the top teams will win the vast majority of their games. Two or three unexpected results can be dressed up as every result being unpredictable, ignoring the hundreds of other games which have gone pretty much as expected.

When we were flying high in the 2013/14 & 2014/15 seasons there were still certain types of teams lower down the league we struggled, and lost, against. So what's to say the examples you've brought up aren't similar situations?

WBA, Leeds, Brentford & West Brom are all teams who's strengths are almost an exact counter to our weaknesses. Quick midfields, pace and trickery on the wings.

Maybe Luton, Huddersfield & Stoke's problems / weaknesses aren't the same as ours.

Leeds, as an example, have won 27 games out of 45. That's 60% - so hardly a vast majority. Cardiff in 6th have won 18 out of 45 - that's 40%. Nothing like a majority.

If the Championship was as predictable as you suggest, we'd all be millionaires wouldn't we?

But every team has strengths and weaknesses. Surely Cocu's job is to identify that and figure out how we can exploit another team's weaknesses or neutralise their strengths effectively?

Or do we just say: They're too good. What can we do? For me, that's a negative mentality. I might understand that thinking in the Premier League where we would really be up against it. But in the Championship, you've always got a chance if you manage those games well.

Again, I'm not saying we change the manager. But we have to demand more from him, surely? The last 5 games, we've gone down with a whimper.

Just now, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I’d get it if there was fans in the ground, apparently it was to rub our noses in it following the Playoff 2nd leg last season

3339E7E9-47E3-40A0-AB26-C88AD42E8412.jpeg

Bringing flares or smoke bombs into a football stadium is a 3 month prison sentence, yes? Not going to happen, but would be funny.
Of course, the EFL will probably end up charging us for failing to stop them from bringing them into our ground if they do anything.

3 minutes ago, JfR said:

Bringing flares or smoke bombs into a football stadium is a 3 month prison sentence, yes? Not going to happen, but would be funny.
Of course, the EFL will probably end up charging us for failing to stop them from bringing them into our ground if they do anything.

?? Wouldn’t be surprised if the EFL charged us, it would follow their pattern of stupidity 

1 minute ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I’d get it if there was fans in the ground, apparently it was to rub our noses in it following the Playoff 2nd leg last season

3339E7E9-47E3-40A0-AB26-C88AD42E8412.jpeg

Flares- safe in the current climate with a stretched fire service. They look like that bunch of blokes in an empty club at 2am who haven't pulled and stand in a drunken circle having found each other.    We shouldn't have clapped them onto the pitch, and should have given them more than a clap on it. Never mind.

15 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Again, I'm not saying we change the manager. But we have to demand more from him, surely? The last 5 games, we've gone down with a whimper.

No we didn't not until we lost to Cardiff. We gave it a reasonable go and if there hadn't been some individual howlers and some idiocy from a player or two with a squad so thin, then I think we might have got very near or in top 6.

What more could you ask after the season this has been ffs.

55 minutes ago, goldstar said:

There you go, I'm bored now, but here is what you said before. Can't be arsed to go back and forth but perhaps, like me from now on, find a better hobby than pulling people up on something mild they've said. It's tedious. Live and let live. 

mild?

image.gif.b36a4658065bd0233951fc44227f51b0.gif

image.gif

14 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Who was the tit with the flag and binoculars in the stands.

Seems it was this tit.

Leeds United’s director of football, Victor Orta, trolled Derby County with a pair of binoculars during the 3-1 victory at Pride Park on Sunday. Marcelo Bielsa has guided Leeds to promotion to the Premier League, ending a 16-year wait to return to the top flight. Goals from Pablo Hernandez and Jamie Shackleton, plus an own goal from Matthew Clarke, sealed the win for Leeds and a fourth consecutive defeat for Derby. And after the full-time whistle, Orta couldn’t pass up the opportunity to celebrate with a pair of binoculars in reference to last season’s ‘Spygate’ scandal which involved both teams.

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No we didn't not until we lost to Cardiff. We gave it a reasonable go and if there hadn't been some individual howlers and some idiocy from a player or two with a squad so thin, then I think we might have got very near or in top 6.

What more could you ask after the season this has been ffs.

It's not about finishing in the top six. We all knew that was a long shot.

It's the manner of the performances. It's the style of play. The lack of hunger, desire, intensity, motivation.

People say give Cocu time, give Cocu a chance and that's fair enough.

But will next season be any easier to navigate for Cocu? I'm not sure.

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Seems it was this tit.

...And after the full-time whistle, Orta couldn’t pass up the opportunity to celebrate with a pair of binoculars in reference to last season’s ‘Spygate’ scandal which involved both teams.

Typical classless L**ds. Rubbish easy journalism - how were we 'involved' other than we were spied on!

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Typical classless L**ds. Rubbish easy journalism - how were we 'involved' other than we were spied on!

Technically speaking, it involved every single team in the Championship last season

Archived