v West Brom (A) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Definite contact from their player. Likely went down too willingly, but not worthy of a yellow.

Looked like the defenders hand was floating in the reverse angle replay. I'll delay putting my flag down until I see it again but looked a complete dive to me.

We're still in this game but its really quite apparent we are missing a lot of starters

Might be controversial: but a fair few of our problems are coming from the shift in midfield. 

Shinnie is causing problems in building from the back by being loose on the ball and, more importantly, not offering himself/getting into space enough for the pass from the defence. 

Rooney in the #10 is leaving Martin isolated and us short in attack. 

Sibley can't affect the game as much from where he's playing 

23 minutes ago, Andicis said:

It was a bit of hyperbole after we had just set them up a golden chance, I'm sure you've never used it before. 

Is Hyperbole one up from Superbole. I need a laugh. Waited ages for this game. We need a lucky goal or penalty.

1 minute ago, Bob The Badger said:

Let’s make it never.

Boooooooooooooooooooo

Zooonnnnnnn

Boooooooooooo

If he doesnt play well today in the 2nd half at least Cocu can justify why he is not on the pitch and never play him again.

Tell him to get the ball and run his socks off, shot on target whenever available and get a decent cross in.

Common Cocu. Drop your OTT possession football you had us playing with, in the first half of the season. It was the same against Forest. We've got to be willing to lose possession whilst attacking. Enough of the side to side and back.

3 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Sorry @SaintRam seen plenty of free kicks for that,  ridiculous yellow 

Yeah, dives work more often than not, that's why players still do them. ? 

1 minute ago, Uptherams said:

Common Cocu. Drop your OTT possession football you had us playing with, in the first half of the season. It was the same against Forest. We've got to be willing to lose possession whilst attacking. Enough of the side to side and back.

The issues today are not the same as at the weekend outside of lacking quality from forwards.

5 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Once again, we're having the vast majority of the ball and not causing much threat with it.

Does anyone actually want to run at their defence? Or is the game plan to slowly pass them to death? Lack of movement and a lack of pace going forward all 1st half. Hopefully a full 45mins of Whittaker can help in that regard... already made one or two decent runs in the 5mins he's been on.

Exactly. They’ll be quite happy watching us pass around our back 4 all evening. Where’s our attacking intent. Unless we show ambition we are going to lose this comfortably. 

Still in the game but the first half as passed us by without creating a thing,we look nicey nicey in position but it means zero if there is no end product

This was always going to be difficult with two suspended now Holmes injured makes this a massive ask

Thought Cocu would of gone for Jooz as sub replacement for a bit more experience we lacking

3 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Its because no one apart from Bogle is making the right runs in wide areas or able to beat players, I would get Zoon on.

That first half pretty much summed up all our poorer performances since the new year. Some nice interplay in midfield to retain possession, but nowhere near enough incisiveness or creativity up front - combine that with our defences inability to keep a clean sheet, and you have a recipe for trouble. Yet another early lapse in concentration has made life extremely hard for us here, just like it did at the weekend. Forest and West Brom thrive on the counter, and in both games we’ve made life very easy for them, through our own lack of concentration in defence (Forsyth I’m looking at you!!!!). We’re still in this mind, just need better quality in the final third. Hopefully Whittaker can make his mark here. We need at least a point here or things will be incredibly difficult for us. Really we need all three given we play Brentford on Saturday.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Yeah, dives work more often than not, that's why players still do them. ? 

If you were running quickly on a wet slippery surface I'd imagine a hand on the back might cause you to slip too. 

Think we’re playing alright. Much faster and a bit more aggressive than Forest game. Not hard though.

just so reluctant to get shots at goal. Everyone so keyed into passing we have gone back to our 18 yard box from their 18 yard box 3 times!!!

Tell you what WBA fans singing on the giant screen is like something that you'd experience in a video game, walking around a deserted stadium a day after the apocalypse.

Archived