v West Brom (A) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

We're still in this game but its really quite apparent we are missing a lot of starters

I think this is it. 

It's a bit like at the start of the season when we were struggling along with Dowell and Paterson. Really missing Lawrence and Waggy. 

Just now, Andicis said:

If you were running quickly on a wet slippery surface I'd imagine a hand on the back might cause you to slip too. 

Still don't think that hand touched him. RamsTV didn't show it again though, I'll investigate after the game. My stance is DIVE until I've looked into it further in post. ? 

26 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Bogle really should have done better when released by Rooney earlier. He can be guilty of making the wrong decision when in those advanced positions. Encouraging though that we opened them up. There are goals out there for us today. 

Thought it was a really good ball in by bogle tbh, just a fraction overhit because of the wet surface and not quite enough pace from our striker

Just now, brady1993 said:

Might be controversial: but a fair few of our problems are coming from the shift in midfield. 

Shinnie is causing problems in building from the back by being loose on the ball and, more importantly, not offering himself/getting into space enough for the pass from the defence. 

Rooney in the #10 is leaving Martin isolated and us short in attack. 

Sibley can't affect the game as much from where he's playing 

I was thinking the same. Missing Rooney deep so he can get on the ball and make us tick. We were ok until the goal but haven't done much since then.

Our main dangers are Bogle and Sibley but we can't get them the ball. Might be down to WBA tactics to allow more space on the left.

Maybe take Shinnie off soon, especially with the yellow. Rooney deeper, Sibley number 10 and a.n.other right wing. Maybe push Bogle up there and Lowe RB?

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

Think we’re playing alright. Much faster and a bit more aggressive than Forest game. Not hard though.

just so reluctant to get shots at goal. Everyone so keyed into passing we have gone back to our 18 yard box from their 18 yard box 3 times!!!

I think big part of that is when we are in forward areas Rooney is a bit too happy to sit on the edge of the box and Sibley can't get into the positions where he is dangerous as much playing out wide.

I'd honestly be tempted to take Shinnie off for Knight or Zoon and reshuffle the midfield.

Miss Lawrence a lot IMO, need someone to be a bit more direct with the possession we’ve had. No poops on target when we’ve had so much possession highlights that.

Hoping Whittaker and Sibley can drive a bit more with the ball, playing well enough to get a result here. Would also like to see Jozefzoon get 20 mins too, we’re crying out for pace.

Think a few people in here are forgetting that we're missing two of our most productive attacking players in Lawrence and Waghorn. If WBA were missing any 2 of Diangana, Pereira or Grosicki then they'd be struggling to attack too.

We're doing alright and can definitely get something from this game.

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

I was thinking the same. Missing Rooney deep so he can get on the ball and make us tick. We were ok until the goal but haven't done much since then.

Our main dangers are Bogle and Sibley but we can't get them the ball. Might be down to WBA tactics to allow more space on the left.

Maybe take Shinnie off soon, especially with the yellow. Rooney deeper, Sibley number 10 and a.n.other right wing. Maybe push Bogle up there and Lowe RB?

Probably wouldn't shift Bogle but otherwise I completely agree.

Never a yellow in a million years, refs a clown, guarantee he’ll not give a tough decision in the box but he’ll just try blow up all the time outside the box. 
It’s not really much off a foiled but a yellow for that is just a billy big b******** ref that was bullied in school 

Archived