v West Brom (A) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roos, Bogle, Evans (Wisdom?!), Clarke, Forsyth, Rooney, Bird, Knight, Holmes, Sibley, Hector-Ingram. 

Actually tempted with Zoon, think he did actually make a bit of difference. Knight simply isn’t a winger and Holmes has looked way off the pace since the season restarted. This is presuming Martin is out with his cracked rib too. 

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Roos, Bogle, Evans (Wisdom?!), Clarke, Forsyth, Rooney, Bird, Knight, Holmes, Hector-Ingram. 

Actually tempted with Zoon, think he did actually make a bit of difference. Knight simply isn’t a winger and Holmes has looked way off the pace since the season restarted. This is presuming Martin is out with his cracked rib too. 

10 men, we only need 10 men

Roos

Bogle      Davies  Clarke    Forsyth 

Rooney   Bird 

Knight            Sibley           Whittaker 

Martin 

This would be my choice although would be equally happy with zoon instead of Whittaker also perhaps a spot on the bench for triallist 

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Hamer
Bogle   Evans   Clarke   Lowe
Bird   Rooney
Knight   Sibley   Jozefzoon
Martin

Subs: Roos, JBrown, Davies, Forsyth, Malone, Shinnie, Holmes, Whittaker, Trialist

Holmes for Knight for me, but that looks good imo

9 minutes ago, Rammed79 said:

Roos

Bogle      Davies  Clarke    Forsyth 

Rooney   Bird 

Knight            Sibley           Whittaker 

Martin 

This would be my choice although would be equally happy with zoon instead of Whittaker also perhaps a spot on the bench for triallist 

I feel the time may just be right to unleash Morgan Whittaker on the Championship.  24 goals and 16 assists for the u18 & u23s last season.  I know some are going to say he's not ready but there were lots of us thinking the same about Bird in the autumn.

The transition into the team will be easier for him with Bird, Sibley and Knight already in the team to support him and I have to say I think he's a player.

4 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Holmes for Knight for me, but that looks good imo

If Holmes does play, I hope to goodness that Cocu asks him to look for the little cut back to the blond haired lad standing on his own or running in to space.  He missed that ball more than once today.

1 minute ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

If Holmes does play, I hope to goodness that Cocu asks him to look for the little cut back to the blond haired lad standing on his own or running in to space.  He missed that ball more than once today.

I agree and I actually don’t think he’s the brightest footballer (football brain) I just think he can give us more than Knight currently.

Think the team should be

Hamer

Bogle.  Evans.   Clarke.  Lowe

Shinnie Bird.  Rooney 

Holmes.         Sibley       

Martin 

we need 3 in midfield for this one Holmes and Sibley running at there defence.Holmes needs  to up his game.

Get the full backs forward is the key and that’s why we need the extra midfielder come on you rams.?

12 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I agree and I actually don’t think he’s the brightest footballer (football brain) I just think he can give us more than Knight currently.

I think both may be best suited in a slightly more central role.  I do think Duane currently offers more (in direct comparison with Jason) from the centre but he just doesn't look the same player out wide.  I'd bring him on second half for Sibley (once he's completed his second hat trick).

35 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

I feel the time may just be right to unleash Morgan Whittaker on the Championship.  24 goals and 16 assists for the u18 & u23s last season.  I know some are going to say he's not ready but there were lots of us thinking the same about Bird in the autumn.

The transition into the team will be easier for him with Bird, Sibley and Knight already in the team to support him and I have to say I think he's a player.

Wide forward spot is free, up to him to grab it.

It would be nice to have genuine pace up there too, give WBA something they perhaps don't expect.

Think we might need to try something a bit different due to injuries/suspensions. WBA's wingers are bloody quick, hence bringing Lowe in for Forsyth. Martin might only manage 45mins, games are coming pretty thick and fast, but I'd give him the start and bring Hector-Ingram on at half-time depending on how things were going. As good as Knight is, he isn't a winger... and neither is Holmes... so I'd give FloJo the start. Whittaker in too on the other side of midfield.

Hamer

Bogle, Evans, Clarke, Lowe

Rooney, Bird

Whittaker, Sibley, Jozefzoon

Martin

Subs: Roos, A Brown, J Brown, Davies, Forsyth, Hector-Ingram, Holmes, Knight, Shinnie

COYR ?

Asides from bringing in Lowe possibly, I'm not sure what massive changes we can make?

I don't think Flo offers that much tbh as as WBA aren't sit behind the ball merchants we'll get more space for Holmes, Sibley knight and Martin to operate in. I get it that Holmes and Knight weren't great today

5 subs gives up the options to change things.

Is there any chance Wisdom will be fit? Against WBA 

Hamer 

Bogle Davies Clarke Forsyth    

Bird.    Shinnie 

Rooney 

holmes       Martin.   Sibley 

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Hamer 

Bogle Davies Clarke Forsyth    

Bird.    Shinnie 

Rooney 

holmes       Martin.   Sibley 

Really not sure about Holmes out wide, he doesn't want to be there and doesn't work hard enough. Prefer Knighty.

×××××××××××××Martin×××××××××××××

Sibley××××××××Holmes××××××Josefzoon

×××××××Shinnie×××××××Bird×××××××××

Malone×××Clarke×××××Evans×××Wisdom

×××××××××××××Hamer×××××××××××××

Changes:

Malone was outstanding here last season and must be raring to go

Wisdom if fit do offer a better defensive option than Bogle

Shinniesta has looked on it in his brief time on the field. Will offer greater energy than Rooney who needs a rest

Zoon offers pace and if Cocu can ignite a rocket up his arse he could be our secret weapon. Fresh and I just have the feeling it's ZOONTIME

Sibley and Holmes can combine to use their youth and energy to switch positions fluidly. The latter offers so much more when central

Subs: Roos, Bogle, Davies, Lowe, Rooney, Brown, Knight, Whitaker, Hector-Ingram)

I think I would deffo bring in Shinnie for this game, also add Lowe for pace, and maybe Whittaker for Holmes. 

Hamer

Bogle. Evans.   Clarke.   Liwe

Bird.    Shinnie

Rooney

Knight.        Martin.      Whittaker

Think this will give us a solid platform, to work from, get the full backs forward and let's have a bit of width, if Wisdom is ready then drop Evans. Big game, but WBA, will be under alot of pressure to get the 3 points, it could work to our advantage. COYR. 

Archived