Live football thread.

Rev

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

It will make our job more difficult over the course of next season, but for tonight it's fun and good to see the cheating bastids get what they deserved.

Not sure about that we will be a very  different animal next season bring it on 

6 hours ago, SKRam said:

I get all the mocking of Wednesday…. After the shocking cheating last week…… I would say that Darren Moore is an immense human being. Check his reaction, he wasn’t gloating, an ex Ram. Tough for a top man. 80 appearances for us. Yes it’s in the past but I’d prefer him to have success over a Ferguson. 

Agree, great bloke (although got possibly the worst touch of a professional footballer I can recall).

Always found Sheff Wed fans a pretty respectful lot. Seems last week has turned a lot of Derby fans against them but I'm sure if the reverse had been the case a lot of Derby fans would have been chanting pretty gloating stuff - that's the way of the world. I'm finding it amusing on the surface but in reality as a club, a set of fans and as opposition next season for promotion, I'm disappointed on balance they lost.

8 hours ago, Henrycav81 said:

Didn’t we swap managers between legs against Manchester United in 2008/09 league cup semifinals 

Sort of, but Jewell had already gone before the 1st leg. David Lowe cemented his 100% win record in the first leg and Clough was in charge for the second.

As a Derby fan living in Owl territory this gives me mixed feelings.  Firstly that result is very funny and karma for last week - I was watching the game in a Sheffield pub and literally everyone said they would rather play Peterborough than Derby.   🤣

From a selfish Derby point of view I think our chances of promotion are higher without Wednesday in the division, however by the start of the season with some decent signings we could well be in a better position than them, despite the large points difference this year. 

I was over the Wednesday result in half an hour - it'll take them weeks to get over this and hopefully there will be a hangover next season especially if they don't start strongly.  Of course if Wednesday win 5-0 next match all that will be moot...

9 hours ago, SKRam said:

I get all the mocking of Wednesday…. After the shocking cheating last week…… I would say that Darren Moore is an immense human being. Check his reaction, he wasn’t gloating, an ex Ram. Tough for a top man. 80 appearances for us. Yes it’s in the past but I’d prefer him to have success over a Ferguson. 

Yes, a top man. My son got a photo with him walking down Wembley way before the Zamora debacle….

1 hour ago, S6 boy said:

As a Derby fan living in Owl territory this gives me mixed feelings.  Firstly that result is very funny and karma for last week - I was watching the game in a Sheffield pub and literally everyone said they would rather play Peterborough than Derby.   🤣

From a selfish Derby point of view I think our chances of promotion are higher without Wednesday in the division, however by the start of the season with some decent signings we could well be in a better position than them, despite the large points difference this year. 

I was over the Wednesday result in half an hour - it'll take them weeks to get over this and hopefully there will be a hangover next season especially if they don't start strongly.  Of course if Wednesday win 5-0 next match all that will be moot...

MK dons were very unlucky not to be promoted and then followed it by being relegated - football stands still for no one 

29 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I’m not keen on Peterborough United though. 

We need to concentrate on Derby County.

I'd like to see Bolton win League One play off final with Ian Evatt been there boss and like us they have had financial troubles and have bounced back from them would be good to see them back in The Championship. 

13 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

I'd like to see Bolton win League One play off final with Ian Evatt been there boss and like us they have had financial troubles and have bounced back from them would be good to see them back in The Championship. 

This 👍