Live football thread.

Rev

38 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Oxford player just committed an identical tackle to the one Waggie got red-carded for but only a yellow - same referee!!!

He was Darren Nottingham on Sat, but has reverted to Darren England today.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

glad oxford are through 

I kind of do feel for the "underside" of Oxford - the ordinary folks who support their local team but have to live in a town made into a hellhole by posh students who live lives of zero consequence. There's a lot of Oxford that's very ordinary and that's who Oxford town are for. That, and George Thorne ?

17 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I kind of do feel for the "underside" of Oxford - the ordinary folks who support their local team but have to live in a town made into a hellhole by posh students who live lives of zero consequence. There's a lot of Oxford that's very ordinary and that's who Oxford town are for. That, and George Thorne ?

Oxford’s a complete dump

37 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It is of course, Oxford Utd, not Oxford Town. I must've confused them with their rivals Swindon Town. I've never been to Swindon, so can't comment.

Supported Pompey tonight, always had a soft spot. Should have supported Fleetwood as a Northern town for me (despite some clientele) but watching Gareth Ainsworth in interview,  Akinfenwa a star in his own right, and the cardboard cut outs of 50 fans who are no longer with us..... I’m a big fan of them now and hope they make The Championship. Good luck WWFC 

And listening to Joey Barton he’s speaking very well, fair play to the lad 

Edited by SKRam
Joey

I moved to Oxford at a time when Robert Maxwell was Chairman of my company as well as my football team! And also of Oxford United! Their players were always hanging round the office and we had free tickets most weeks, so I developed a soft spot for them. Very pleased they made it through to Web-ber-ley. Hope we join them!

16 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I moved to Oxford at a time when Robert Maxwell was Chairman of my company as well as my football team! And also of Oxford United! Their players were always hanging round the office and we had free tickets most weeks, so I developed a soft spot for them. Very pleased they made it through to Web-ber-ley. Hope we join them!

I lived next door to Robert Maxwell for a year just off Headington hill. I went to most Oxford home games that 84-85 season. They were brilliant with John Aldridge Billy Hamilton and later Ray Hughton. Loved Jim Smith then. 

Edited by oomarkwright