Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

4 minutes ago, KBB said:

Jordan Rhodes is not the player he was 5 years ago.

Take a look on a sheff weds forum to see how they view him.

If maybe one or two posters are saying he is rubbish you might think, oh well they obviously have an axe to grind with him, but when pretty much every poster is saying he is garbage we are closer to the truth.

Would give him a chance and back him, however people seem to be dazzled by memory of seasons past.

think we know he wasn't the player he was if so would not be at sheff w but the fact he as it in his locker and think we have a man in Cocu that could re-kindle sort of form 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, KBB said:

Jordan Rhodes is not the player he was 5 years ago.

Take a look on a sheff weds forum to see how they view him.

On the Sky commo before our game (?) they were saying he needs a run of games, which he doesn't get. So bit self-fulfilling. If he was cheap I'd have him here.

5 minutes ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

Would people be happy going into the new season with:

wisdom/ebosele

buchanan/Forsyth/shinnie

?

some big unknowns there but if we are serious about the kids not sure bringing in a player is right in either position.

youd imagine a fit wisdom should be good for 30+ games a season and ebosele will be on scraps or there if he gets injured so any more competition doesn’t fit the model of bringing through youth.

buchanan seems to be the first choice and therefore any new signing surely has to strengthen the team and knock him out the position which doesn’t sit right with the youth model either.

the happy middle ground to me seems to be the Byrne from Wigan transfer. Probably first choice if we go 5 at the back (Wisdom is better suited to the rcb role) but possibly offers more of an option as a winger in some games as a 451 off the bench.

I can't remember where I read it, I'll have a look around, but during Cocu's time at PSV he'd prefer older loan signings so they didn't block a youngsters long term prospects.

I could live with that, improve the team here and now without shutting off progression for the academy.

Now Chelsea have amassed some more players and spent big again, I’d love to get someone like Billy Gilmour in for a season, he looks top drawer

Wouldnt mind Van Ginkel on loan either and of course would love Tomori back

Eddie Nketiah at Arsenal also wouldn’t be a bad shout on loan 

1 minute ago, Derbados said:

Now Chelsea have amassed some more players and spent big again, I’d love to get someone like Billy Gilmour in for a season, he looks top drawer

Wouldnt mind Van Ginkel on loan either and of course would love Tomori back

Eddie Nketiah at Arsenal also wouldn’t be a bad shout on loan 

Not sure if we need Gilmour as we are overloaded in defensive midfield although he looks good , I'd take any of the others without question though 

I suppose it depends how we play, Freeman at wing back not sure, quite liked him first time round tbf, Byrne another good shout, should be relatively cheap, bearing in mind Wigan’s situation, but after yesterday if flo jo isn’t going to feature, we desperately need a new front three, whoever that maybe, I think Waghorn gets unnecessary criticism and Lawrence we miss when he doesn’t play, we need both with back up

Rhodes is a poor shout, we need someone who has alot of pace and strength like Jerome or at least the physicality to the hold the ball up and win headers and ideally they need to be able to pass and control a ball to a good level to suit our style. Rhodes is a tap in merchant like a pound land Inzaghi. 

Archived