Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Who? Can't even score a penno.

That’s the spirit. You keep supporting our players. Marriott will come good if given a run of games when he’s fully fit. Neither of those things have happened yet or definitely will happen...

Woodrow would be a good option for us, but he's always struck me as a feast or famine type of striker. I wouldn't be surprised to see a player like him come in for £2M+ and end up playing out his Derby career as a bit part for the u23 side as we look to shift him out on loan. 

1 hour ago, r4derby said:

That’s the spirit. You keep supporting our players. Marriott will come good if given a run of games when he’s fully fit. Neither of those things have happened yet or definitely will happen...

Not just about being fully fit. You can tell his confidence is shot. Hasn't found the net in a long time, I do believe part of that though is down to the way we play.

12 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Not just about being fully fit. You can tell his confidence is shot. Hasn't found the net in a long time, I do believe part of that though is down to the way we play.

Hence the run of games part. Marriott needs to find the net 2, maybe 3 games in succession and then he will be up and running. Think he can start up front in this team, assuming we get in a winger or 2. Lawrence coming back as well as Sibley, who he can build a partnership with. I have faith he can become the player we need him to be, really hope he gets the chance

8 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Woodrow would be a good option for us, but he's always struck me as a feast or famine type of striker. I wouldn't be surprised to see a player like him come in for £2M+ and end up playing out his Derby career as a bit part for the u23 side as we look to shift him out on loan. 

You're not exactly selling him to us there, ambitious! 

How many are we expecting to sign now? I predict 4,  Jozwiak, 1 other winger on a cheap deal /loan, a striker on a permanent deal for decent money similar to the Waghorn fee, and a right back to compete with Wisdom either on loan or a small fee. 

We will end up with around 15mill coming in so if we spend about 10 million, have a similar wage bill and kee the change making sure we have smaller losses we will have done well.  If Hughes goes to Spurs that will give us an extra 1.5mill or so and jozefoon will probably be taken off the wage bill as well, so we should be able to strengthen and not get in financial trouble. 

7 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

I'm sure Nathan Byrne from Wigan has been mentioned as a replacement for Bogle. 

Also Randell Williams from Exeter would be a good shout. Young and only a year left on his contract, by all accounts he had a great season as a wing back last season. 

Williams was the bright spark in a poor Exeter performance in the L2 play off final.

Archived