Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, KBB said:

If that was a genuine post. I will ask a genuine question. Do you seriously believe

1. Liverpool will happily accept that kind of deal for a player that value at £20million.

2. That Harry Wilson will think his short and possibly long term future lies in the championship.

3. That no premier league clubs, for example leeds who have been linked with him multiple times, would see that deal and think "hold on, we can easily beat that deal and get him here"

Genuine questions.

Problem with a lot of posters on here they have to go to school or rely on computers for ideas. and not many realise the situation the whole division is in excepting the three relegated clubs.

Well if its 10 million plus add ons and Hughes get us 2 million that's about 12 compared. From previous links although some could be bull id get kadioglu for 6 mil jozwiak for 3.5 and then get a foreign striker of unknown i would have said lammers but he would be about 6 prob. Also someone mentioned that gummy hes costing 3 mil I would have gone for him but he's going augsberg in Germany 

47 minutes ago, Kyle guest said:

Perry Ng from Crewe 24, can play right back and centre back, their captain can’t imagine he’d cost the earth. If we did look for another left back, Barry Douglas for me 

Ng is a good player, but expect there would be a few Championship clubs interested if Crewe were selling.

Barry Douglas would be an excellent signing if we were playing with 3 centre-backs and two wing backs, although I'm not convinced we are, as selling Bogle and Lowe immediately after switching to that formation would be strange. Of course, there's the possibility that the offer for Lowe and Bogle has come out of the blue, and we'll use the money towards replacing them, there's still a month to go in the window.

We might get another right back seeing as we'd only have Wisdom, and Ebosele doesn't have a squad number so he might not be around the first team just yet. Not convinced we'll sign another left back with Forsyth and Buchanan, as well as players like Shinnie able to fill in who has played there before for Scotland.

If we did go for a left-back, I like the look of Max Kilman at Wolves, think he may have even already been suggested somewhere. 23-years-old, 6ft4, can play left back or centre back. Futsal background, so he's good with the ball at his feet and playing out from the back. I think he would be a great long-term Forsyth replacement who will probably start to be phased out after this season.

16 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

If only we had some sort of contact at the club...

DCFC ..... ‘Hi Frank this is Derby County Football Club calling, just enquiring about the availability of some of your fringe\squad players’

Frank ..... ‘Sorry, Derby who???’

?

A couple of decent suggestions I've seen in this thread, not sure how realistic mind.

Barry Douglas is one hell of a player.

Sergio Canos has been on my list for a while.

Totally out there suggestion. I do want a big striker, but if we were able to get a wild card in, I'd like to try Jordan Rhodes at Sheff Wednesday. I refuse to believe he has forgotten where the net is over the years.

11 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

A couple of decent suggestions I've seen in this thread, not sure how realistic mind.

Barry Douglas is one hell of a player.

Sergio Canos has been on my list for a while.

Totally out there suggestion. I do want a big striker, but if we were able to get a wild card in, I'd like to try Jordan Rhodes at Sheff Wednesday. I refuse to believe he has forgotten where the net is over the years.

always liked him needs a run of games when he hits form one hell of a striker at this level ? 

Jordan Rhodes is not the player he was 5 years ago.

Take a look on a sheff weds forum to see how they view him.

If maybe one or two posters are saying he is rubbish you might think, oh well they obviously have an axe to grind with him, but when pretty much every poster is saying he is garbage we are closer to the truth.

Would give him a chance and back him, however people seem to be dazzled by memory of seasons past.

Would people be happy going into the new season with:

wisdom/ebosele

buchanan/Forsyth/shinnie

?

some big unknowns there but if we are serious about the kids not sure bringing in a player is right in either position.

youd imagine a fit wisdom should be good for 30+ games a season and ebosele will be on scraps or there if he gets injured so any more competition doesn’t fit the model of bringing through youth.

buchanan seems to be the first choice and therefore any new signing surely has to strengthen the team and knock him out the position which doesn’t sit right with the youth model either.

the happy middle ground to me seems to be the Byrne from Wigan transfer. Probably first choice if we go 5 at the back (Wisdom is better suited to the rcb role) but possibly offers more of an option as a winger in some games as a 451 off the bench.

Archived